GDT: UFC on Fox: Holm vs. Shevchenko

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Valentina might be up 29-28 right now. That was a good round for her.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's the score I had as well. Very impressive win for Valentina.

This 135 division is crazy right now. I guess we won't see Rousey/Holm 2 anytime soon.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of an easy win for her, good stuff. Holm just looked kind of stiff and slow, similar to how she looked in some of her earlier fights.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
well done !

i felt that Valentina won in points ... but was not dangerous ... unlike holly !
but that doesn't count ... in UFC. Pitty.

i am still happy .... i was in favour of Valentina.

WUT :laugh:

Seriously, Aside from her kicks, Holly Holm is pretty terrible power striker. Holm is strong, but when it comes to transferring power to her hand strikes as a lead striker, she's more a poorer version of Michael Bisping.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Finished watching the Holly Holm vs Valentina fight

The thing i've picked up in that fight is that Holly Holm is really a robotic striker, not form-wise, but creativity-wise as she seems to have a set of striking combinations and she didn't seem to ever deviate from her "playbook". Holly kept throwing and chaining her combinations even when Valentina was way out of range. As a result, Holly really just showed her entire hand and patterns to her opponent. Schevchenko, who lives and dies by the counter (seriously, she never leads.... EVER), had the easiest night countering Holly's predictability

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Finished watching the Holly Holm vs Valentina fight

The thing i've picked up in that fight is that Holly Holm is really a robotic striker, not form-wise, but creativity-wise as she seems to have a set of striking combinations and she didn't seem to ever deviate from her "playbook". Holly kept throwing and chaining her combinations even when Valentina was way out of range. As a result, Holly really just showed her entire hand and patterns to her opponent. Schevchenko, who lives and dies by the counter (seriously, she never leads.... EVER), had the easiest night countering Holly's predictability

Watch the Marion Reneau fight and you'll see the same thing.. The fight prior to RR.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
WUT :laugh:

Seriously, Aside from her kicks, Holly Holm is pretty terrible power striker. Holm is strong, but when it comes to transferring power to her hand strikes as a lead striker, she's more a poorer version of Michael Bisping.

Valentina wasn't dangerous apart of 2 spin fists she tried to deliver. Type like a moskito is biting you here and there. She was very timely and accurate with an impressive technique ! no doubt but she was far from being able to finish before the end. On the ground she was inoffensive. She brought here to the ground several times ... that was very good.

This fight could have ended up with a KO or TKO for Holm. Some powerful hits flew around Valentina. (without reaching here) While Holly praised here team's work for the game plan, i would not agree with that ... here team knew that Valentina was a counter-striker ... and you almost never ko someone on the first hit ... so you work on serials where the first hits are delivered while well protected and then you unleash ! Which never happened ... credit to Valentina again .. she managed that as well, counter-striking and stepping swiftly out of reach.

I don't see Valentina beat a Rousey ! or a Zingano.

And i am in favour of Valentina ! she is the one i would like to have the belt ...

You may see it differently ... i respect that. (factually Valentina touched Holly way more than inverse ... therefore she won the fight by a fair margin) ... but i do not appreciate the fights with that perspective ... . We westerners see the winner by ko or by the points, i like the view of the winner by ko or imagining the fight continues until their is a ko if it wasn't reached during the time. (where we Westerners take the points as yardstick)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Holm's corner was imploring her to get in and get busy. Especially when they knew she was losing the fight. You could hear them yelling, "let your hands go". But Holly, unable to find the range and timing against the counterstriker, and being fatigued, was unwilling to wade into danger, cause Valentina countered so well.

Last edited:

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
The whole top of the division has been turned upside-down. Wow. How do you rank the top-10 now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad