PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Alex Oliveira vs. James Moontasri
Welterweight bout: Héctor Urbina vs. George Sullivan
Featherweight bout: Jim Alers vs. Jason Knight
Heavyweight bout: Luis Henrique vs. Dmitry Smolyakov

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Weird I thought we had a thread on this...

Terrible other than Barboza-Gil

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, co-main is the best fight on paper. Holm is capable of putting on a show as well.

I want to see Ngannou fight again. Usually can't go wrong with HWs who go out there and throw em.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Pretty weak card to be honest. I'm really not huge on the Edson fight matchmaking with the whole year off + 2 losses to Barboza, who's on a tear. Fox cards should be better than this.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Interested in seeing where Usman is at.

Card is one main card fight short. I understand Rumble got hurt but that doesn't mean you just don't replace the fight at all.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Interested in seeing where Usman is at.

Card is one main card fight short. I understand Rumble got hurt but that doesn't mean you just don't replace the fight at all.

Yup. Bit worried with the Fox cards. I always thought and expected them to be PPV worthy. Could have made some sense to have TJ Dillashaw instead of opening up the prelims on Fox Sports 1.

The Vancouver card is looking okay. Maia vs Condit was just switched to that main event which is filthy awesome. Have Pettis vs Da Bronx, hyped prospect in PVZ with a following now, and Miller/Lauzon 2 which I would have main event the prelims personally.

Condit vs Maia
Pettis vs Da Bronz
PVZ vs Rawlings

Whew, Canada needs some top guys bad. With GSP gone, Rory Mac being a pro for over 10 years and potentially fading and/or gone to Bellator, they're desperate. The US, UK, Ireland, Brazil, Sweden, Australia, etc all have guys that can headline but Canada if Rory Mac is gone. (lol, Lesnar?)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yup. Bit worried with the Fox cards. I always thought and expected them to be PPV worthy. Could have made some sense to have TJ Dillashaw instead of opening up the prelims on Fox Sports 1.

The Vancouver card is looking okay. Maia vs Condit was just switched to that main event which is filthy awesome. Have Pettis vs Da Bronx, hyped prospect in PVZ with a following now, and Miller/Lauzon 2 which I would have main event the prelims personally.

Condit vs Maia
Pettis vs Da Bronz
PVZ vs Rawlings

Whew, Canada needs some top guys bad. With GSP gone, Rory Mac being a pro for over 10 years and potentially fading and/or gone to Bellator, they're desperate. The US, UK, Ireland, Brazil, Sweden, Australia, etc all have guys that can headline but Canada if Rory Mac is gone. (lol, Lesnar?)

Yeah, it's been a tough run. The early retirement of Jordan Mein and the issues with TJ Grant really hurt the Canadian UFC depth.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Yeah, it's been a tough run. The early retirement of Jordan Mein and the issues with TJ Grant really hurt the Canadian UFC depth.

There is no reason Jordan Mein should have been fighting pro at like 15... Let alone how many amateur and sparring sessions prior to this. No shock the guy is worn out. Also, regional MMA in Canada is really, really non-exsistent for the most part.

Not sure if you're Canadian, but Score Fighting Series was creating some solid cards and prospects.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Tough to give an opinion on what will be going on ...

Both, the Bullet and the Pastor's daughter have some good chances ... i guess if Valentina brings it to the floor ... she may have the upper hand.

We will see how she hold against the take downs attempts ... probably she will have less trained specifically than against Ronda.

Should be an interesting match-up in any case.

And both are very likeable persons ... Valentina because of where she comes from and Holly because of what she is, human, honest, decent and kind.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice KO by Wineland. Always cheering for him after watching the story with his brother from years ago.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That wasn't even fair. Maybe Herb could have let it go a bit longer but I don't think that dude should be too upset that it's already over. Ngannou is a beast.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That fight delivered.

I think Barboza takes it 30-27 but Melendez is very tough.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Barboza won ... easy.

Melendez had a bad fight plan ... Barboza's leg was so juicy ... but he never low kicked it !
He only had his leg destroyed.
And was not aggressive enough in closing the distance.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Decent fight but both guys were playing it a little safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad