North Bay Battalion 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Homecrowd is enough to make me put my head through a wall. I’m all for criticizing officiating but sometimes the call is right. At least most of the board members here seems to have their head on straightish

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
NB lost their cool when the goal was overturned and Oshawa quickly scored after. From there NBs night was visably done.

OVS is likely suspended of that unnecessary late hit on Lockhart

Last edited:

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Homecrowd is enough to make me put my head through a wall. I’m all for criticizing officiating but sometimes the call is right. At least most of the board members here seems to have their head on straightish
The ref you suck chant is always embarrassing.

If I have any criticisms of the reffing in this series it'd have to be all the way back in Game 1 when they handed them two 5v3s in quick succession after NB got out to the quick 2-0 lead. Oshawa doesn't really need the extra push.

IMO the goalie contact on the goal called back was inadvertent and didn't prevent the goalie from making a save. The contact on McIvor in Game 2 was more egregious and the Battalion lost their challenge.

Reffing aside, Oshawa is showing their top end advantage. That Senneke goal was a statement.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Yet your OK with Therrien running around throwing 2-handed slashes and high sticks?? I'll take Ertel over him any day. 10x the player.
Woah now friend read back on my post I’ve mentioned Therrien’s antics multiple times. Possibly the most here actually. JT is a great player and fun to watch but turns himself into a clown show on ice when things don’t go his way. You’re right Ertel is 10X the player but I mean there’s no denying his countless stick work penalties during his time here. Felt the need to mention it after a loud majority of the crowd seemed to act like it wasn’t the same call they make on him during any given regular season game. It’s on the player and coaching stuff to curb that stupidity.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Woah now friend read back on my post I’ve mentioned Therrien’s antics multiple times. Possibly the most here actually. JT is a great player and fun to watch but turns himself into a clown show on ice when things don’t go his way. You’re right Ertel is 10X the player but I mean there’s no denying his countless stick work penalties during his time here. Felt the need to mention it after a loud majority of the crowd seemed to act like it wasn’t the same call they make on him during any given regular season game. It’s on the player and coaching stuff to curb that stupidity.
Since Christmas, I think Ertel has played a much better, controlled game. I'm just tired of Therriens play. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shipped him off to Flint!! Just stupid, obvious penalties....at the wrong time. Game in, game out. Play hoc key.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I'm just tired of Therriens play. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shipped him off to Flint!!

If you’re looking to trade Therrien away, I’d gladly take him in Oshawa next year.

Yes, he takes some dumb penalties and makes a jackass of himself with ridiculous dives, but his game reminds me very much of a young Brad Marchand - - undersized agitator who plays with an edge and chips in with the occasional goal. He’s surprisingly solid on his skates when it comes to giving/taking hits. Similar to Connor Lockhart in that regard.

As for the game tonight, it seemed like North Bay was going to seize the momentum with that early goal, but the depth of talent for Oshawa is just too much. As evidenced by that magnificent coast-to-coast goal from Beckett Sennecke. His draft stock has skyrocketed during this playoff run.

Massive loss for Oshawa with Punnett leaving the game. Ironically, he and Vilmanis got into it after the whistle in the 2nd period of Game 2 and I have to wonder if Punnett was trying to lay him out with a big open ice hit when the injury occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:

apfsds

Jan 23, 2024
Since Christmas, I think Ertel has played a much better, controlled game. I'm just tired of Therriens play. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shipped him off to Flint!! Just stupid, obvious penalties....at the wrong time. Game in, game out. Play hoc key.
Check the game sheets. Not sure what you’re watching but in 3 games we took 21 penalties. Out of those Therrien only took 1.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Can anyone confirm if they release any tickets on game day? It’s looking like everything including SRO is sold out.

IMG_1609.jpeg

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Looks like no suspension for OVS so I assume Lockhart is okay.

NB will have a full roster against an Generals team missing Punnett for the foreseeable future.

Does Romani rush back to play elimination games? any have insight on that?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Oof that’s a bad call clear goalie interference must of flipped a coin on that one

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Disappointing loss for Oshawa not being able to hold onto a pair of one goal leads in the 3rd period. And then to be dominating overtime only to give up an odd man rush for the winner.

It was obvious Oshawa really missed Punnett as Rodriguez barely saw any ice time and they pretty much just rolled five defensemen. But the good news is, Punnett isn’t hurt too badly because it’s not sustainable to just rely on a five man rotation.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Disappointing loss for Oshawa not being able to hold onto a pair of one goal leads in the 3rd period. And then to be dominating overtime only to give up an odd man rush for the winner.

It was obvious Oshawa really missed Punnett as Rodriguez barely saw any ice time and they pretty much just rolled five defensemen. But the good news is, Punnett isn’t hurt too badly because it’s not sustainable to just rely on a five man rotation.
Awesome. Thanks for the update from the Oshawa side of the fence.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Nice to see goals from Mathurin and Christopolous with the game on the line. Was it me or was Oster fighting the puck a little bit?

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Yes it’s unfortunate punnett was out but north bay has been without arguably the mvp of this year for the whole playoffs and been without their starting goalie who got invited to team Canadas camp the whole playoffs pretty much as well.

In other words- injuries are a part of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad