GDT: UFC on ESPN: Smith vs. Teixeira

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Smith might be in one of those weird spots where he's one of the better fighters in the division but he might not get a title shot soon because he already lost to the champion. If we're ranking the potential rematches, for me he would be a clear third in terms of interest behind Reyes and Santos. Both of those guys made it close and you could make a case for them winning those fights. Smith on the other hand had absolutely nothing for Jones and it was a clean sweep on the scorecards. Santos' injury changes things because no one knows when he's returning and it's hard to imagine him being the same fighter at his age so if we take him out of the equation, I think Smith would still be behind Reyes and Blachowicz if he beats Glover. He probably needs another big after this fight (if he wins) and he might also need Jones to lose in order to get another shot.

Reactions: I am not exposed

member 51464

Roberson missed weight and was judged medically unfiy to fight. Vettori apparently tried to go after him in the hotel over it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Roberson missed weight and was judged medically unfiy to fight. Vettori apparently tried to go after him in the hotel over it.

Kevin Holland was willing to take the fight but I imagine the extra short notice throws a wrench in things. He’s supposed to fight Saturday and was willing to do both

I do not blame Vettori though. He’s a big meathead with a million fights cancelled against him

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hell yea made some nice coin off him on a last second bet before the fight.

a lot of the bets I made earlier in the week saw more money come in on them as the week went on so I’m glad I made them when I did

On to Azure

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
a lot of the bets I made earlier in the week saw more money come in on them as the week went on so I’m glad I made them when I did

On to Azure

I bet on Azure, you have $ on him?

Reactions: CDJ

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Brian Boom Kelleher!!

Long Island represent, love the guy, big Isles fan too. Repping my town.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That’s a good example of how Johnson’s career has gone with the inconsistent performances. Looks great and is doing whatever he wants in the first round and then gets subbed after Moises pulls guard early in the second round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad