GDT: UFC on ESPN: Smith vs. Teixeira

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great performance by Glover. He just dominated for the last 3+ rounds. Credit to Smith for hanging in after clearly being tired and hurt but that fight probably could've been stopped much sooner.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Thought his corner should have stopped the fight about a couple minutes into round 4, but they definitely should have stopped it after the 4th

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary

His coach's response: "Yup.....just breathe"

Just saw a tweet with what I think was him giving his tooth to the official.

Give him props for sticking through it. But near the end of the second, Smith was super gassed and swinging random punches hoping to connect.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I thought Glover had a chance to win, but I didn't see him whipping Smith's ass like that. Yet another curveball in figuring out how good Smith is. Glover is currently #8 and Smith is #4, so I will be curious who Glover gets next. I guess that might depend on who gets the next title shot and Santos' status.

I was kind of falling asleep during OSP-Rothwell, so no comment there. Nothing against them, just a long day and I'm not used to watching these cards on week days :laugh:

I was glad Dober won. Sorry, but you can't talk shit to Cowboy when you haven't done anything in the UFC and have me root for you. It's a good win for Dober, but he's still got some work to do in the fight IQ department. It was way to easy for Hernandez to take him him down when he was hurt.

Reactions: m9

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I thought Glover had a chance to win, but I didn't see him whipping Smith's ass like that. Yet another curveball in figuring out how good Smith is. Glover is currently #8 and Smith is #4, so I will be curious who Glover gets next. I guess that might depend on who gets the next title shot and Santos' status.

I was kind of falling asleep during OSP-Rothwell, so no comment there. Nothing against them, just a long day and I'm not used to watching these cards on week days :laugh:

I was glad Dober won. Sorry, but you can't talk shit to Cowboy when you haven't done anything in the UFC and have me root for you. It's a good win for Dober, but he's still got some work to do in the fight IQ department. It was way to easy for Hernandez to take him him down when he was hurt.

the thing with Smith is that, unless he fights someone with no chin, I don't think he's ever looked good in his key wins at LHW. His main fighting style is often the Homer Simpson style where he gets whooped early and waits for his opponents to gas out or be discouraged. Against Teixera, he looks like he had the confidence to knock him out, was very willing to throw, and ironically gassed himself trying to do so.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

OSP certainly had a chance if he would have traded earlier but spent a ton of time running, and then gassing himself out. He was hurting Rothwell when he traded.

Dober reminds me of Gaethje a bit

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just saw a tweet with what I think was him giving his tooth to the official.

Give him props for sticking through it. But near the end of the second, Smith was super gassed and swinging random punches hoping to connect.

you saw what you think you saw. Savage stuff.

DC brought it up but I think it raised an interesting point- with it being so silent and fighters able to hear everything you have to wonder if his corner should have relaxed a bit. Seemed like Smith was doing everything they said and eventually gassed out because of it...the instruction was non-stop. Compared with Glover’s corner it was night and day

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
OSP certainly had a chance if he would have traded earlier but spent a ton of time running, and then gassing himself out. He was hurting Rothwell when he traded.

Dober reminds me of Gaethje a bit

dober loves him some firefights

I thought Hernandez was decent value as a dog but Dober is just a level higher in the striking department. I think Hernandez waited too long to try and take it to the ground- he should have been actively trying to do that from the start, not when he was on the ropes and a blow away from visiting the shadow realm

Starting to look like Hernandez is overrated shit.....I don’t think he beat Trinaldo either. Personally didn’t even think that fight was that hard to score tbh

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

This one is easy for me - if you are doing the Jones/Reyes rematch, then you do Glover v Blachowicz as a #1 contender fight. Santos can fight someone like Corey Anderson.

OSP/Rothwell wasn't a great fight. OSP looked to be in excellent shape though - makes me wonder what weight he actually is for his 205 fights as he did't look all that different.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Wrecked. Rough night.

Make it all back Saturday on my boy Song.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This one is easy for me - if you are doing the Jones/Reyes rematch, then you do Glover v Blachowicz as a #1 contender fight. Santos can fight someone like Corey Anderson.

OSP/Rothwell wasn't a great fight. OSP looked to be in excellent shape though - makes me wonder what weight he actually is for his 205 fights as he did't look all that different.
Wasn't there talk that Jan was going to get the title shot before Reyes? I mean, you know my thoughts on Jones-Reyes, so I think he should get the immediate rematch, but I don't often get what I want. With Jan training out of Poland, though, who knows if he's even available. Shit, who knows if Jones is even willing to take a fight right now.

If it does go to Jan, though, I would like to see Reyes-Santos and Glover get Volkan or maybe a rematch with Anderson.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wasn't there talk that Jan was going to get the title shot before Reyes? I mean, you know my thoughts on Jones-Reyes, so I think he should get the immediate rematch, but I don't often get what I want. With Jan training out of Poland, though, who knows if he's even available. Shit, who knows if Jones is even willing to take a fight right now.

If it does go to Jan, though, I would like to see Reyes-Santos and Glover get Volkan or maybe a rematch with Anderson.

I think it's Reyes next for Jones. Who do you like v Glover if they do that rematch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad