GDT: UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Font/PFL 7

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, I think this fight will be INSANELY one sided. I think it will actually be sad to watch.

Nates style of doing slappy, slap combinations won't do a whole hell of a lot with the big gloves on. I think Jake has more power in his hands and likely won't cut up like Nate will.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Surprised there isn't a harsher penalty, though I think Bubba should handle him easily regardless (of course I said the same about Loughnane though)
I believe he gets a point deducted on the judges score cards as well. Rules for PFL playoffs.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, I think this fight will be INSANELY one sided. I think it will actually be sad to watch.

Nates style of doing slappy, slap combinations won't do a whole hell of a lot with the big gloves on. I think Jake has more power in his hands and likely won't cut up like Nate will.
Hoping Jake is overly aggressive and Nate's timing on counters can stun him but that is very very wishful thinking. Nate has been very low energy and disinterested about this fight. Think he's just there for a paycheck. Jake Paul clearly sees no threat, his boxing career is over if he has 2 losses in a row so he must think this is an easy win... And so do I.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I'm hoping Nate will win, but I am ready to lose money here lol. He obviously has good boxing for MMA, not sure how neatly it will translate though. And Paul is way bigger. I will point out that Nate hits harder than most people give him credit for, but again no idea how that will translate.

No matter what happens, at least this Youtube boxing bs is winding down.

Reactions: Taytro and m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
TSN wants to broadcast cornhole, pillow fight championship, and corgi racing instead of PFL.

So im watching one fc for free on Amazon and wondering why i pay for cable still.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
What an impressive win for Pinedo. I know he missed by half a pound but still, he beat the hell out of Bubba.

Also, how the f*** did someone score Wade-Brage 30-27 for Wade? Jesus Christ.

Excited to see these 2 rematch, both came out of nowhere this year but have really impressed every time I've seen them.

Silveira and Impa also looked great and should put on a good title fight.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
30-27 Wade judge needs to either die or be removed from his position, Idc which. Just can’t be having him do that job anymore, that’s the worst card I’ve seen in awhile.

I would like this guy to be investigated. And I say this as a guy who had Wade in my parlay. It is impossible to find 3 rounds for Wade. Hell its hard to find 2 for him, you really need to squint.

My buddy sat next to Impa on a flight. Said he was the nicest dude. I hope he wins the million

Reactions: MMC

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This will be the worst one yet for MMA if Nate loses. Not in the sense that it means anything for MMA or boxing or it makes MMA fighters look bad because I don't really buy into that nonsense. More so because all of those other guys were washed and they didn't have the same fanfare, including Anderson Silva.

I haven't followed too close attention to the build up but caught some stuff yesterday and today. It sure seems like Nate doesn't give a **** and will gladly take this cheque and then head back to the UFC.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Hard to believe based on how nates acted the past couple weeks that he was actually the one who requested this be extended to 10 rounds rather than 8. I really don't think that favors him the way he thinks it will.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hard to believe based on how nates acted the past couple weeks that he was actually the one who requested this be extended to 10 rounds rather than 8. I really don't think that favors him the way he thinks it will.

Yeah, I think it's definitely on the table that he completely embarrasses himself as he doesn't look in great shape and doesn't have the boxing experience.

I probably say 'I hope I'm wrong" way too often but it's probably more true tonight than ever. Diaz winning this fight convincingly and putting a dagger into this influencer boxing would be amazing. But.. it's not going to happen. Is it?

Reactions: 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This will be the worst one yet for MMA if Nate loses. Not in the sense that it means anything for MMA or boxing or it makes MMA fighters look bad because I don't really buy into that nonsense. More so because all of those other guys were washed and they didn't have the same fanfare, including Anderson Silva.

I haven't followed too close attention to the build up but caught some stuff yesterday and today. It sure seems like Nate doesn't give a **** and will gladly take this cheque and then head back to the UFC.
You think Nate Diaz isn't washed ? He's 38 and has had 2 wins (any sport) in the last 6/7 years. IMO this fight has the least fan fare yet.

Nate doesn't seem to give a damn about this, just something for him to do. Hope he wins but ... He's definitely washed and definitely not putting his all into this.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would say Diaz is less washed than others (Woodley, Silva) but he wasn't as good as them in the first place so it's evened out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You think Nate Diaz isn't washed ? He's 38 and has had 2 wins (any sport) in the last 6/7 years. IMO this fight has the least fan fare yet.

Nate doesn't seem to give a damn about this, just something for him to do. Hope he wins but ... He's definitely washed and definitely not putting his all into this.

I don't think so. I mean, he's not a title contender and never really has been. I just think he can still have competitive fights and headline or co-headline because of his name. That's why I mentioned the fanfare part because I wasn't only talking about his fighting ability.

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Nate being Nate, I wouldn't be surprised if he took an obvious dive after the first punch and then starts flipping off the crowd and leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Feels great to blow your parlay on the first fight you took. I got Hadley at -200, thought it was an easy throw in. Gets 30-27'd

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Feels great to blow your parlay on the first fight you took. I got Hadley at -200, thought it was an easy throw in. Gets 30-27'd
Had Durden nbd

Got demolished last night on PFL I need today lol

Just had Jackson/Billy Q over 2.5 +120

Great fight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad