Welterweight bout: Thad Jean vs. Ali Omar
Women's Flyweight bout: Desiree Yanez vs. Lisa Mauldin
Welterweight bout: Anthony Ivy vs. Carson Hardman
Women's Flyweight bout: Chelsea Hackett vs. Ky Bennett
Light Heavyweight bout: Billy Elekana vs. Chuck Campbell​

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Sandhagen-Font should be a fun one and great fight for pulling it off on short notice. Kind of similar in the sense that they can beat good guys, but don't really have that signature win to say they are part of the elites. I'll go with Sandhagen by decision since he's younger and more dynamic, but at 31 he's starting to run out of time to get that signature win.

I'm glad Suarez is going down to 115 (assuming she makes weight OK). Her wrestling will play much better at 115 than 125 IMO, but Andrade is tough because she is so physically strong. Andrade is susceptible to getting caught in submissions, though. I'll say Suarez by R2 or R3 sub. I was surprised to see that Andrade is actually a year younger than Suarez. I know Suarez missed a ton of time, but it feels like Andrade has been around FOREVER.

A couple of other names I recognize, but nothing that really blows back my hair. Pretty week card for taking it on the road if you ask me.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like the prelims here.

Should be an action card starting with Bill Q/Damon Jackson & Kyler Phillips/Barcelos and even before that you've got Jeremiah Wells who is always a threat to knock someone dead.

It's a solid enough main card as well.

Reactions: CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
This could actually be a really good card for a Fight Night.

All four involved in the top two fights are really good and both fights could have potential title implications.

Lopes-Tucker could be fun too. I'm pretty sure Lopes is the grappling coach at Lobos. And Tucker was one of my low key favourites, hopefully that quick loss to Ige doesn't mean his chin is cracked.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This could actually be a really good card for a Fight Night.

All four involved in the top two fights are really good and both fights could have potential title implications.

Lopes-Tucker could be fun too. I'm pretty sure Lopes is the grappling coach at Lobos. And Tucker was one of my low key favourites, hopefully that quick loss to Ige doesn't mean his chin is cracked.

Lopes looked good vs Evloev, him v Tucker is FOTN potential .

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Also this weekend:

1691065420744.png

I think Jake is going to win, but I just hope Nate doesn't get knocked out....which is a real concern IMO. Jake's biggest strength is that he hits hard. People talk about Nate having good boxing and I think he does have decent offensive boxing, but his boxing defense mostly relies on having one of the best chins in MMA history.

I think it being 10 rounds does give Nate an opportunity to weather the storm early, apply some pressure, gas him out, and cause him some issues in the later rounds. Might be rough getting there and might not be enough to actually win, but as Nate so often does, he can still 'win' even if he loses the fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sure seems like we're on the way down in terms of the whole "youtube boxing" thing. Not sure if it's Jake Paul losing or if people just got bored but I don't think most people care about this one. I think they'll draw OK but it's basically just Jake Paul fans and Nate Diaz fans.. I don't think there's much boxing or MMA crossover appeal here.

My thought on Jake Paul from basically Day 1 is that he's young & athletic with enough time and money to train at a high enough level to beat all of these washed non-boxers. Tommy Fury basically has all of the exact same qualities so it was no surprise that they are basically the same guy.

As for the actual fight, obviously I hope Nate wins but I don't really like his chances. I expect the size/power difference to be massive here. I'm sure I've said this before but I've seen Nate around and he's just not a big guy. He's a 155lb guy who is fighting a legit 185lber.

I'm just hoping Nate shows well enough, cashes a cheque, then maybe swings back over to the UFC for a few fights over guys like Poirier & Conor.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Sure seems like we're on the way down in terms of the whole "youtube boxing" thing. Not sure if it's Jake Paul losing or if people just got bored but I don't think most people care about this one. I think they'll draw OK but it's basically just Jake Paul fans and Nate Diaz fans.. I don't think there's much boxing or MMA crossover appeal here.

My thought on Jake Paul from basically Day 1 is that he's young & athletic with enough time and money to train at a high enough level to beat all of these washed non-boxers. Tommy Fury basically has all of the exact same qualities so it was no surprise that they are basically the same guy.

As for the actual fight, obviously I hope Nate wins but I don't really like his chances. I expect the size/power difference to be massive here. I'm sure I've said this before but I've seen Nate around and he's just not a big guy. He's a 155lb guy who is fighting a legit 185lber.

I'm just hoping Nate shows well enough, cashes a cheque, then maybe swings back over to the UFC for a few fights over guys like Poirier & Conor.
Nate has also just been acting really weird this whole week (and really ever since this fight got booked), doesn't translate into there being many moments to hype up the casual fan. He's seemed completely checked out, like he doesn't want to be there at all. Hope he wins but I have a feeling he's going to get KO'd on Saturday

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Also this weekend:

View attachment 733218

I think Jake is going to win, but I just hope Nate doesn't get knocked out....which is a real concern IMO. Jake's biggest strength is that he hits hard. People talk about Nate having good boxing and I think he does have decent offensive boxing, but his boxing defense mostly relies on having one of the best chins in MMA history.

I think it being 10 rounds does give Nate an opportunity to weather the storm early, apply some pressure, gas him out, and cause him some issues in the later rounds. Might be rough getting there and might not be enough to actually win, but as Nate so often does, he can still 'win' even if he loses the fight.
All Nate has to do to win is lose for 9 rounds then flap his arms in the 10th and play to the crowd for 3 seconds while screaming "209".

Reactions: VanillaCoke

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nate has also just been acting really weird this whole week (and really ever since this fight got booked), doesn't translate into there being many moments to hype up the casual fan. He's seemed completely checked out, like he doesn't want to be there at all. Hope he wins but I have a feeling he's going to get KO'd on Saturday

I wonder if reality has set in a bit here. Usually around this time the writing is on the wall in terms of online views and how that will translate to PPV buys. He might also be seeing that he's bit off more than he can chew physically.

All Nate has to do to win is lose for 9 rounds then flap his arms in the 10th and play to the crowd for 3 seconds while screaming "209".

The problem is he's gotta make it to the 10th round.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro and MMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Also this weekend:

View attachment 733218

I think it gets stopped due to cuts in the 7th/8th round.

I don't think Jake KO's him, but I do think Nate gets dropped a few times.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Also this weekend:

View attachment 733218

Will be a very easy win for Paul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad