GDT: UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Font/PFL 7

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A couple more thoughts about Nate-Jake.

For all the "Nate doesn't even want to be there" talk, Nate showed up to fight...as he always does. I think the disinterested schtick this week was Nate being "too cool for school" and/or gives him an excuse if he got embarrassed.

If this celebrity/YouTuber boxing thing is coming to an end, Jake going to MMA probably would breathe a little bit of life back into it...for at least a fight or 2. Training for boxing is incredibly difficult, but MMA takes that to 11. I don't know if Jake will really want to stick around MMA, though.

At the very least, having a "$10M offer on the table" should give Nate some leverage with the UFC to come back and fight Conor.

I have a hard time believing the offer and Paul going to MMA is real but if it is, that'll be the easiest $10M Nate ever makes.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I have a hard time believing the offer and Paul going to MMA is real but if it is, that'll be the easiest $10M Nate ever makes.
I don't think the offer is real, but I 100% believe Paul would do it IF the boxing thing is starting to dry up. Outside of getting kicked in the head, he's probably not going to get too hurt against Nate. Nate will probably kick his legs a little and then snatch up a submission pretty quickly.

I think it would have to actually be a f***ton more money than what the UFC would give Nate to fight Conor for him to fight in the PFL, though. He's very much a "I fight the best of the best and the best are in the UFC" type of guy.

We'll see, though. Never thought Fury would actually take a fight with Francis and here we are.

Conor calling somebody a do nothing bitch in 2023 is pretty hysterical.

Also, factually incorrect. Even if Nate got the finish against Leon, he would have had to beat Usman for the belt. Anybody like his chances against Usman?

Reactions: Avs_19

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm probably in the minority but I'm not so sure Diaz disposes of Paul in MMA as easy as some think. Diaz isn't gonna be throwing Gaethje type kicks, and he's one of the worst offensive wrestlers in MMA. It's essentially going to be what we just saw but with 4oz gloves.

I believe Diaz has two TKO wins in the UFC in the past 15 years, so I think it's reasonable to say he won't finish Paul with his hands. I think it's also reasonable to assume Diaz won't be able to take Paul down.

Paul is naturally quite a bit bigger, more athletic, much more power, and he actually has pretty darn good cardio.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Suarez doesn’t seem as explosive as she used to be. Still a great fighter with great wrestling and good sub skills but she isn’t really exploding into takedowns. She kind of awkwardly closes distance. I think it will cost her against Zhang. I think she beats everybody else in the division though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad