GDT: UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Bueno Silva

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
JDM is so sloppy going for aubs
I almost feel like making your opponent do this should be considered a submission. Caught the last minute of this fight on my break, wish I saw this live lmao

Here's my favorite result from this happening, old school wec

Reactions: 16Skippy

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
f*** you madellena. Waaaay too much hype for that turd performance.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hit that parlay from @CDJ but I honestly do not think JDM won that. Did he do more damage? Yes, but I thought Hafez won more of 2 rounds. Considering the situation, that's a really disappointing performance from him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hit that parlay from @CDJ but I honestly do not think JDM won that. Did he do more damage? Yes, but I thought Hafez won more of 2 rounds. Considering the situation, that's a really disappointing performance from him.
He absolutely won that, damage > lay n pray

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
By modern rules of scoring that shouldn’t have been a split, Cruz was acting like Hafez won. They kept emphasizing the control while ignoring JDM was doing the heavy majority of the damage
I thought Hafez won the 2nd (and so did a judge).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He absolutely won that, damage > lay n pray

Meh, it was close. I had JDM just, but can understand why a judge didn't give it to him. And it was more than lay and pray. He was trying to advance.
I've seen way worse decisions.

I thought the split was the right call because the 2nd round could have gone either way.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I thought it was a close fight... I'll rewatch it but I thought JDM did by far more damage in rounds 2&3. Didn't think Hafez did much in round two except lay on top of him for the last 90 seconds.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Hafez won the 2nd (and so did a judge).
A judge also thought Jalin Turner won round 3 last week, doesn’t mean they know what they’re looking at

Meh, it was close. I had JDM just, but can understand why a judge didn't give it to him. And it was more than lay and pray. He was trying to advance.
I've seen way worse decisions.

I thought the split was the right call because the 2nd round could have gone either way.
Barely any sub attempts, you don’t get points for advancing and doing nothing with it. He was holding on and hoping Jack didn’t get up

I thought it was a close fight... I'll rewatch it but I thought JDM did by far more damage in rounds 2&3. Didn't think Hafez did much in round two except lay on top of him for the last 90 seconds.
100%Correct. Didn’t find round 2 and 3 particularly close if going by modern criteria tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
A judge also thought Jalin Turner won round 3 last week, doesn’t mean they know what they’re looking at

Barely any sub attempts, you don’t get points for advancing and doing nothing with it. He was holding on and hoping Jack didn’t get up
Hahaha yes, I don't know the official scoring or stats but like .. if 1 fighter does more damage in 1 minute of a round and the other fighter takes down, controls, and advances position for the following 2/3 minutes of a round. The optics are that the control fighter won the round. And the scoring used to reflect that as well.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Cruz at one point said Hafez won when JDM got reversed in the 3rd round, that was laughable

I took it more of JDM screwed up again, and JDM being reversed was not a good look to end the fight. And that because Hafez definitely won round 1, and round 2 was close, that a finish by JDM was the best route for victory. Him getting revered meant no chance for a finish from JDM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad