GDT: UFC on ABC: Rozenstruik vs. Almeida/Bellator 296: Mousasi vs. Edwards

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Johnny Walker just beat Paul Craig, who beat the current LHW champ in the last couple of years.
UFC math doesn't mean much either. Walker gets KOd against top contenders with his head straight up and weak chin

Its almost like theres good fighters in all those orgs.
If three (or four, or five) orgs all have numerous guys better, than maybe walker and Smith aren't that good..

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Smith looks done for sure. Certainly didn't look like he wanted to be in there.

But Walker is still a legit top 10 LHW fighter. To say he isn't UFC caliber is just weird. How big should the divisions be? 5 people?

Reactions: Taytro

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
UFC math doesn't mean much either. Walker gets KOd against top contenders with his head straight up and weak chin

If three (or four, or five) orgs all have numerous guys better, than maybe walker and Smith aren't that good..
And your point?

They are still UFC level talent.

Or do you think these orgs should be feeder systems like NHL > AHL > ECHL.

I have news for you, they arent.

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Saying Smith and Walker aren't UFC caliber fighters is laughable. If you want to say they aren't UFC Champion caliber?....sure, I'd agree, but they are absolutely UFC top 15 fighters.

That was like shooting fish in a barrel for Almeida.

Dana even admitted in the post fight presser that these fights were "designed" to make Almedia, Garry, and Walker look good. Found that really strange. I mean, we all know that's what promoters do, but it's weird to hear them straight up say it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad