GDT: UFC on ABC: Rozenstruik vs. Almeida/Bellator 296: Mousasi vs. Edwards

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Rodriguez looked outclassed there. Not sure any of that "ground and pound" landed but Garry was in control for ever second, as short as it was.

Reactions: td_ice

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Figured we'd be getting some Petey Pablo in there tonight

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Smith way too slow to do anything from top position at the end of the round. Had a minute left and didn't do a thing for the first 45 seconds even though he was right in front of his corner. Awful job taking advantage of the moment and trying to win the round.

I don't think Smith looks good at all here. Slow and getting clipped.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Awful 2nd round. Both guys doing more talking than fighting.

Both guys look a bit chinny though and getting hit clean, could still see a KO either way.

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
As somebody who had a sprinkle on walked by KO f*** you Johnny, nice wasted opportunity idiot

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Awful performance from Smith.

Walker looked pretty good, but he really leaves himself open for counters. Going to get smashed against top guys.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Probably the best I've seen Walker given the level of competition and not just KOing the guy in the 1st round.

But yeah, Smith seemed off. The guy's a striker, chewing up your leg, you've got 14 submissions in your career, and very few takedown attempts.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Something is really off with Smith. So tentative and no interest in following-up with shots. Wonder if he came in hurt
Yeah sometimes guys can come in sick, have bad weight cuts, get no sleep, etc. But Smith was definitely off.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah sometimes guys can come in sick, have bad weight cuts, get no sleep, etc. But Smith was definitely off.

We wondered why this fight wasn't the main event like originally planned, so I do think maybe there is more to it.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Smith's gloves are off, he's only 34 but is he done? Or do I always make the same assumption when guys take their gloves off in the ring.

Edit: I just always make the same assumption, don't worry. Maybe he should have retired instead of getting in there tho.

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Smith's gloves are off, he's only 34 but is he done? Or do I always make the same assumption when guys take their gloves off in the ring.

Edit: I just always make the same assumption, don't worry. Maybe he should have retired instead of getting in there tho.
He's got a lot of miles for his age. I think he planned to retire if he had a chance on the mic but he didn't get a chance, haha.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Smith is one my favorite fighters outside the cage and when he does hang em up I think will be a good broadcaster. But he's lost to basically every top guy and has just feasted on the lower-ranked guys. Gotta be frustrating to be a gatekeeper and he's one of those fighters smart enough to know that's exactly where he's at.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Lmao they were both top 10 ranked guys coming into this. There's a lot of guys they've beat that you have to say aren't UFC talent before saying it about those two. Neither of them looked great today.
Neither of them ever really look great, unless it's again even worse ranked fighters, as if the UFC rankings are any real indication of anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad