GDT: UFC on ABC: Emmett vs. Topuria/PFL 6

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dumas definitely improved his grappling but that’s a no show from Brundage. Probably getting released now, that’s 3 in a row. Maybe they give another shot due to this being on short notice but that’s not a performance the matchmakers will appreciate

Reactions: m9

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
This sport is totally f***ing broken.

Emmers finished that fight -1700, one judge gave him a 30-27, and he still lost. There's no way you can convince me that he lost that fight. What the actual f***...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This sport is totally f***ing broken.

Emmers finished that fight -1700, one judge gave him a 30-27, and he still lost. There's no way you can convince me that he lost that fight. What the actual f***...
Comes down to the 2nd imo. Emmers IMO won it but Jenkins did some good work that round too. Imo the wrong fighter won but it’s not a total robbery

Trevor Peek is a maniac

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I'm gonna say being on the wrong side of -1700 is a total robbery. Doesn't get any worse than that really.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was an insane fight.

Peek basically fights like a heavyweight in the best and worst ways.

I liked Cruz pointing out that Peek might be tired because he looked up at the clock. Ya Dom, thanks - we all just saw him put his arms on top of the cage as if the fight was over while in the middle of the round so we kind of had that figured out already.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro, ZDH and CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
3 prelims left with under an hour until the ABC broadcast start. It's always funny to me how bad the UFC is with pacing things, but they are probably really hoping for a finish or two here.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Brendan Allen is gonna fight for a title one day

I hope so because he's a really fun fighter, but he still has some holes and will get clipped at times.

Gotta give him a step-up next though. Vettori would be nice, someone around that level

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was another awesome fight, great finish from Onama. Talk about some precision striking, he landed each shot on the way down.

I was going to talk about how athletic he looked in there today but then he couldn't even climb the cage to celebrate.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I was going to talk about how athletic he looked in there today but then he couldn't even climb the cage to celebrate.
Haha I think he was being held/told not to by security/the commission, I don't think it's a knock on his athleticism.

Awesome fight though, Santos looked really good early, he didn't know how bad he had Onama hurt in the first.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Haha I think he was being held/told not to by security/the commission, I don't think it's a knock on his athleticism.

Awesome fight though, Santos looked really good early, he didn't know how bad he had Onama hurt in the first.

Yeah I think Santos is really good. He's 0-2 in the UFC but it was this fight and a split to Lerone Murphy.

Seems like one of those guys that will get cut after going 1-3 and then come back in 4-5 years with a 19-3 record be legit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad