WWE: UFC notified of potential Brock Lesnar anti-doping violation

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lesnar's matches have become one giant "meh" to me as long as "Suplex City" is still a thing.

Yep.

I got over Brock when he squashed Seth, the World Champion, for roughly 7 minutes before moving on to Undertaker. Brock vs Seth could and should have been FANTASTIC.

Now I literally give zero *****. If he's just gonna be Mr Suplex City I honestly don't care if he ever comes back.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Yep.

I got over Brock when he squashed Seth, the World Champion, for roughly 7 minutes before moving on to Undertaker. Brock vs Seth could and should have been FANTASTIC.

Now I literally give zero *****. If he's just gonna be Mr Suplex City I honestly don't care if he ever comes back.

I understand your point of view and I would normally agree, but I think Lesnar is one in a million and the only one that can ever get away with something like that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Brock cares. If Vince tries to knock him down the card and start jobbing he will complain.

I think there are only two options. Either just phase Brock completely out or ignore this and move on.

I don't think he does. He'll do his job and go home. They're going to pay him the same either way. Brock doesn't care where he's at on the card in this run. He just cares about the money and if things go south with wrestling, he'll be happy to stay at home.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Are you for real? Nobody cares about Lesnar's matches anymore. That was proven when he squashed Ambrose and the world gave a collective "meh".

If he was actually more active cutting promos, and crushing guys every other week then, THEN the fanbase might give a damn about him.

As it is now he shows up every two months, squashes a guy, and leaves. Nothing else. No story. No feud. No flashy moves. Just a meathead throwing punches and 15-20 something suplexes.

Nice product you're selling there.

Nobody cares about Lesnar's matches lol? Righto.

He's the biggest name they have, and he's been built into the most powerful "competitor" on the roster. In a company devoid of star power, he has it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I can understand the argument that Lesnar squashing people is getting boring and that taking the streak was a mistake because they never gave anybody the rub of beating the guy who ended the streak. What I don't understand is the hate for suplex city. Working a good match doesn't require 500 different moves. Hell, this isn't really any different from how Brock worked in 2002. The only move he did in 2002 that he doesn't do now is the repeating powerbomb.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Lesnar can have great matches, he's a really good wrestler. When he has one of his few matches, I want to see a great match, not a squash. It would be different is he was just squashing lower guys on TV each week, but he's not. He's having his squash matches on PPV. It sucks.

There are so many guys I want to see have a back and forth match with Lesnar, but we're never going to see them. As someone who wants to see good matches, Lesnar isn't the place to look.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Can anyone explain why an anti estrogen blocker is beneficial? Isnt it typically used to counter high testosterone side effects? Low estrogen has many side effects. It dries you out to much which means bad for water retention, bad on the joints, gives one **** mood, and even lowers libido. The only explanation I could think were his estrogen levels were elevated to begin with.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The point isn't to gain a benefit from it, but to counter the side effects of taking a steroid in the first place.

The only reason you'd ever take this is if you were cheating, same with how they test for masking agents. Being guilty of hiding cheating is just the same as being guilty for cheating in the first place.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Can anyone explain why an anti estrogen blocker is beneficial? Isnt it typically used to counter high testosterone side effects? Low estrogen has many side effects. It dries you out to much which means bad for water retention, bad on the joints, gives one **** mood, and even lowers libido. The only explanation I could think were his estrogen levels were elevated to begin with.

The extra testeosterone produced from using steroids is accompanied by extra estrogen. Guys who juice take estrogen blockers so they don't start growing boobs.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

You take it after you're done a cycle to block the side effects of excess estrogen being produced opposite of the excess testosterone you have in your system.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Yes but once a person does get off the anti-estrogen blocker, wouldn't estrogen just rebound and return to a higher level.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Yes but once a person does get off the anti-estrogen blocker, wouldn't estrogen just rebound and return to a higher level.

You taper the dosage down over a couple months in hopes that your body/hormones arrive at a state of homeostasis, as it was before a cycle of steroids. Your body kind of self-regulates estrogen production at that point and it is proportional to the body's testosterone production.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
You taper the dosage down over a couple months in hopes that your body/hormones arrive at a state of homeostasis, as it was before a cycle of steroids. Your body kind of self-regulates estrogen production at that point and it is proportional to the body's testosterone production.

ok, so many factors.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Lesnar can have great matches, he's a really good wrestler. When he has one of his few matches, I want to see a great match, not a squash. It would be different is he was just squashing lower guys on TV each week, but he's not. He's having his squash matches on PPV. It sucks.

There are so many guys I want to see have a back and forth match with Lesnar, but we're never going to see them. As someone who wants to see good matches, Lesnar isn't the place to look.

That's my issue too. Yes Brock Lesnar is a special attraction, but I don't want a special attraction that is just suplex after suplex after suplex for 7 minutes. Give me an actual good match which Brock is more than capable of.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
But now the thing is.....they're kinda stuck with this Brock. How can you do anything but Suplex City type squashes without him looking weaker?

Tonight there's a Triple Threat for the World Title. Brock dominated each and every guy in that match. Only Reigns got offense in. Rollins lasted roughly 8 minutes. I believe Dean lasted longer but it's not like he got offense in.

It's very hard to realistically and believably get Brock out of the corner he's been booked into.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
They should have some kind.of angle where a wrestler tries to outsmart him and actually wins a match based on superb mental tactics. Have the wrester take cheap shots with chairs and stuff during Brocks promos on smackdown, while slowly injuring an arm or body part. Go in and out of the ring during his match, have a group of members team up and beat on him during weekly visits. (Have a conspiracy type of angle where the a lot of the wwe wrestlers are colluding against Brock). Then Brock would question if he has to change his style to adapt to that wrestler after his loss. The wwe can come up with some creativity. Randy had a legend killer angle before.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
But now the thing is.....they're kinda stuck with this Brock. How can you do anything but Suplex City type squashes without him looking weaker?

Tonight there's a Triple Threat for the World Title. Brock dominated each and every guy in that match. Only Reigns got offense in. Rollins lasted roughly 8 minutes. I believe Dean lasted longer but it's not like he got offense in.

It's very hard to realistically and believably get Brock out of the corner he's been booked into.

You book it so the other guy looks as strong as Lesnar, not for Lesnar to look as weak as the other guy. It's possible to do a match like that, you just need the right guy to be doing it.

You have to build someone up to that level. Reigns was actually at that level kayfabe power wise, but no one cares about him and the fans would revolt so it wasn't an option. I think a great option to build into that would be Samoa Joe honestly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can understand the argument that Lesnar squashing people is getting boring and that taking the streak was a mistake because they never gave anybody the rub of beating the guy who ended the streak. What I don't understand is the hate for suplex city. Working a good match doesn't require 500 different moves. Hell, this isn't really any different from how Brock worked in 2002. The only move he did in 2002 that he doesn't do now is the repeating powerbomb.

It doesn't require 500 moves but Brock's matches and move set are purposely orchestrated in such a way that it limits the possibility of injury. He's not gonna hurt himself suplexing the hell out of someone or F5'ing them.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You book it so the other guy looks as strong as Lesnar, not for Lesnar to look as weak as the other guy. It's possible to do a match like that, you just need the right guy to be doing it.

You have to build someone up to that level. Reigns was actually at that level kayfabe power wise, but no one cares about him and the fans would revolt so it wasn't an option. I think a great option to build into that would be Samoa Joe honestly.

Joe would be awesome for that.

Joe is fully capable of having a believable war with Lesnar.

Joe could be a lethal monster on the roster if they committed to turning him into one. The guy can be savage.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Roman took some adderall and has now gotten pinned back to back to back matches. two of which were on back to back nights.

At this point lesnar losing to orton should be the last thing you brock apologists should be worried about, lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Roman took some adderall and has now gotten pinned back to back to back matches. two of which were on back to back nights.

At this point lesnar losing to orton should be the last thing you brock apologists should be worried about, lol.

I'm someone who's against Lesnar losing to Orton at SummerSlam, but it's nothing to do with Brock, but rather I would HATE to see the "Lesnar rub" being given to a guy who does not need it.

The WWE needs to find a way to get someone else in that match. Having Orton beat him does absolutely nothing for the company long-term. Zero.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm someone who's against Lesnar losing to Orton at SummerSlam, but it's nothing to do with Brock, but rather I would HATE to see the "Lesnar rub" being given to a guy who does not need it.

The WWE needs to find a way to get someone else in that match. Having Orton beat him does absolutely nothing for the company long-term. Zero.

He isn't going to job to Orton. They might have him job to someone sooner rather then later now (Joe hopefully), but they won't job him to Orton.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00