WWE: UFC notified of potential Brock Lesnar anti-doping violation

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Associated Press received three letters from USADA that said Brock passed his first three drug tests that were administered within nine days, so it may have been the fourth one. Definitely one of the last ones. (Meltzer confirmed it was the last one)

Brock Lesnar's only statement was "we'll get to the bottom of this."

Lesnar will have a legal review process before sanctions are imposed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UFC cannot catch a break. I'm not a fan of their promotion but they had some serious stuff going for them. The women's division took a huge blow when Ronda got beat. Then Holly couldn't dominate to start the rematch. Jones got suspended days before UFC 200. McGregor got beat taking on a different weight class when he shouldn't have.

Now if their biggest draw is caught with some type of performance enhancer... yikes. This just sucks because UFC is really hitting bad luck at a time they could fly to new heights.

Now imagine that they're not being sold for $4 billion

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
With the amount of times he was tested, you'd figure they'd be relatively close in time to one another, how does he pass his first several tests, fail his 6th (is that right?) but then pass his remainders?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It may be an actual case where he did take a tainted supplement a week before his weigh in.

Or he's just really, really stupid.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just in case anyone thinks "it's Lesnar, Summerslam is big for NY, it'll be okay" - no. If he's suspended by the Nevada commission it's everywhere, including New York where pro wrestling is regulated. If WWE went against that ruling and had Lesnar perform anyways, WWE would probably never be able to run in New York ever again, or at least not for a very, very long time.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just in case anyone thinks "it's Lesnar, Summerslam is big for NY, it'll be okay" - no. If he's suspended by the Nevada commission it's everywhere, including New York where pro wrestling is regulated. If WWE went against that ruling and had Lesnar perform anyways, WWE would probably never be able to run in New York ever again, or at least not for a very, very long time.

Would that really be a huge loss, though? :sarcasm:

Hey, more shows for us Canadians.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Something doesn't seem right if they're testing him that much and get one failed test given how relatively quickly this all went down. It could very well just be an error in a test.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Something doesn't seem right if they're testing him that much and get one failed test given how relatively quickly this all went down. It could very well just be an error in a test.
It's important to note the biology in a case like this.

If you take a substance it is absorbed by the body, then over time it is secreted by out and is picked up in the blood and filtered out in urine. This isn't a consistent rate, lots of factors effect it like if you've been working out, what you've been eating or drinking, if you're unwell, or just random.

This can lead to a situation where you take something for a while and then stop for competition. But then you have a day where you secrete a bunch of it and fail a test.

You could also have a situation like if his testosterone was a high level. He could have been hovering just under the limit, but then they eventually get him when it's over. It wouldn't be the first time that they've aggressively tested a guy who is close to failing a test like that.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Man, Vince is going to regret allowing him to work with UFC again if a suspension from legit fighting keeps him off the card at Summerslam.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Man, Vince is going to regret allowing him to work with UFC again if a suspension from legit fighting keeps him off the card at Summerslam.

Am I crazy for wanting to watch their world burn just enough that Vince McMahon goes off and makes widespread changes to the company's presentation of wrestling? :laugh:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Am I crazy for wanting to watch their world burn just enough that Vince McMahon goes off and makes widespread changes to the company's presentation of wrestling? :laugh:
Honestly, I really want the WWE to get a ton of heat on their testing process. Then I want to see the WWE step up and say that their testing is lacking, but they're going to improve it and the legit do so.

No clue if it's actually practical to test everyone every month or what ever, but I'd like to see them do it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh no! Vince might actually have to build Summerslam now instead of just relying on Lesnar to bring in the casuals.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
they are saying his 4th of 6 came back positive. does that mean that 1,2,3 and 5/6 were clean?
Meltzer said that he failed his 6th test, with a total of 8 tests done; I've seen different numbers in different places, but all have been one of the later tests failed.

If he had failed any of the earlier tests, then we'd have had reports already of it. I don't know if they have the results of the later tests yet.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If he failed earlier tests he wouldn't have fought. Failing one of his last tests makes me believe he took something to help him cut weight.

Honestly, I really want the WWE to get a ton of heat on their testing process. Then I want to see the WWE step up and say that their testing is lacking, but they're going to improve it and the legit do so.

No clue if it's actually practical to test everyone every month or what ever, but I'd like to see them do it.

If WWE made serious changes to their testing then pretty much everyone except Ambrose, Owens, Zayn, Wyatt, and maybe a small select few others would see their bodies change and get smaller.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Mark Hunt now wants all of Brock Lesnar's $2.5m purse and Lesnar could face a fine of $1.25m plus a 2-year suspension.

If it went down like that, Lesnar would not be able to compete in any state that regulates pro wrestling for two years.

One of Brock's teammates went online and said it may be "advair" which is used to treat asthma.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my friend said to me

"Did you hear, Brock might be doping"

I though "****, Pokemon Go is getting serious"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He could be facing a fine of anywhere between $1.25m - $1.875m because the Nevada commission may fine athletes 50-75% of their purse from the event they tested positive for.

The NSAC could opt to fine the PPV bonus money.

He'll have a hearing with the NSAC in the coming weeks - Jon Jones is scheduled for Monday, the 18th. Lesnar, if the positive test sticks, is facing a HUGE fine, a two-year suspension and the result of the fight being overturned to a No Contest.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
With the amount of times he was tested, you'd figure they'd be relatively close in time to one another, how does he pass his first several tests, fail his 6th (is that right?) but then pass his remainders?

there could be various reasons, some already mentioned. depends on what he got popped up.

might have been just bad timing. some drugs won't stay on the system very long (pro athletes obviously use drugs like these or ones for where there's no test though the latter is risky). like few hours. and just drink enough water and the urine will be diluted enough so it won't show up in the sample or it can be delayed etc.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jon Jones is getting his hearing with USADA 10 days after his results were first revealed. Brock seems to be going the same direction with USADA, and Summerslam is now 34 days away. If it does turn out that it's just for asthma, Lesnar will probably be able to work Summerslam as WWE can just say "he needs this to live" or something like that.

Now, if it is a PED, then Lesnar is going to miss Summerslam because WWE would have no choice but to suspend him with it coming out publicly like this.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I've actually used advair before and while i don't know s*** about it medically, physaicians i have talked to did tell me that it has tie ins with being a "steroid" but obviously not for muscle gain or anything like that.

If he failed 1 of 6 drug tests due to using his inhaler that would be comical. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad