WWE: UFC notified of potential Brock Lesnar anti-doping violation

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Roman took some adderall and has now gotten pinned back to back to back matches. two of which were on back to back nights.

At this point lesnar losing to orton should be the last thing you brock apologists should be worried about, lol.

Roman isn't Brock.

Nor is the rub from a win over Reigns even remotely close to a win over Lesnar.

Roman, and other regular guys on the roster, it makes sense. You want to punish them so they learn. They're long term investments, you want to stamp that behaviour out.

Still yet to hear anyone put up a compelling reason why it makes sense for WWE to slam down on Brock hard. Do we have one beyond "they should punish him" because I'm yet to see anyone explain why it benefits WWE to do that. Even if they are going to, do you want to use that rub on Randy instead of blowing up an Owens or Joe or even putting a big feather in AJs cap.

I love Randy though unlike most here so if he wins I'll mark, but it won't be the smartest move unless they want to really make Randy mega huge going forward. Randy already has a giant CV.

Imagine the test situation didn't happen and they had Randy stomp Brock, people would be blowing up on here about how dumb it was, what a waste it was that they didn't put someone else over with the Brock rub and build a huge star out of it. That doesn't suddenly disappear. It's shortsighted to abandon all these other factors at play just to be like bad Brock we punish you now, particularly when the guy won't give a **** anyway.

I'm far from a Brock apologist. This news probably annoyed me more than most here because I was one of the tiny few who wanted Hunt to knock him out even though I do like Brock, but I love Mark Hunt, that's one of my favourite athletes. I hate that he got cheated. All things being equal he should be punished by WWE too, but all things aren't equal, all wrestlers aren't equal, their importance and status isn't equal.

Beating Brock is the biggest thing in WWE at this point, it's the biggest kayfabe achievement there is. You spend all the time building that up to use that huge opportunity on him losing to Orton? That isn't the smart play. Someone like KO could live for years on that win as the guy who slayed the beast.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Roman took some adderall and has now gotten pinned back to back to back matches. two of which were on back to back nights.

At this point lesnar losing to orton should be the last thing you brock apologists should be worried about, lol.

I'm far from a Brock apologist. He's an idiot for doing what he did but he's not Roman and since they already decided not to suspend the guy, they're obviously not treating him the same as Roman...nor should they. There is more expectations from WWE on a guy like Roman especially when he had the title than there is on Brock. When that is understood, you will understand the argument for why Brock isn't going to lose to Orton and why it was silly to equate the two.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing they should of done was switch Orton out a week ago and put someone like Joe in there to get the rub.

Since they didn't do that or suspend him you get the impression they just aren't going to punish him right now, if at all.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I like how you guys think putting someone considered a "rookie" into a match with the guy you are defending is an unbeatable monster.

like, what? :laugh:
If you're gonna try to spin this off as making some young guy go over you have to at least give it to someone with actual established credibility.

Being NXT champion is not credibility to pin lesnar.

and neither is orton randomly coming out of nowhere to fight him at SS but WWE already made the match and they won't change it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's Samoa ****ing Joe. That's more than enough reason for him to be able to go toe to toe with Lesnar.

Joe being NXT Champion has no baring on it at all.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Joe isn't a "rookie". Joe can be shaped into whatever they want to shape him to be.

Nobody whose name has been thrown around is a "rookie". AJ was a WWE "rookie" and look how quickly they got behind him. They can frame these guys as "rookies" and do away with their past, or they can embrace their history and get people to buy in. You can sell the fact that Joe has been around the world destroying people before he got there. They tried to bury Danielson's past, it didn't work.

Joe isn't some green newbie, he isn't Roman Reigns, he's a well traveled veteran who has been around the tracks a long time. Ultimately WWE can try to package him as whatever they want to, but it makes it even easier when it's actually true. The guy had wars with CM Punk, he's fought with Seth Rollins, Sting, Christian, Steiner, Bryan, AJ, Angle, Jarrett, Raven, Booker T, the Dudleyz, Nash that's just some of the names of guys who have been in WWE that he has wrestled with. Huge names. WWE can acknowledge that, and frame Joe as a guy who has been up against hall of famers and multiple world champions and beat them, or he can be a "rookie".

But even if they were "rookies" they don't actually need to be someone with "established credibility" because beating Brock gives someone instant huge credibility. If Joe beat Lesnar, people aren't going to turn around and be like oh but Joe isn't credible, because they just showed that actually he is. If you put him in a savage war with Lesnar, that's how he becomes "credible".

The idea that anyone to beat Lesnar needs to actually be seen as a credible threat to him is flawed. In sport those events are called "upsets" you can bring a guy in who "nobody gives a chance", and then he wins. Suddenly perceptions of that guy change, because he's the guy who beat the beast.

Orton's career makes him about as credible as one can be aside from Cena. Realistically nobody is a "credible threat" to Lesnar. If someone beats him it will be an upset.

Still yet to hear a reason why WWE should be slamming Brock hard. In fact your approach only reinforces reasons why it makes no sense to do so.

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

Yep.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Lesnar might be returning to mma.

"]I've got a few challenges to overcome before I can get there. I don't know. For right now, I'm gonna focus on my WWE career. I wanted to step back into the Octagon and avenge my loss against diverticulitis. Sunday I'm facing Randy Orton at Summerslam and that's really all that's on my mind. To my fans that watch me in the Octagon, I thank them for their support. This has been a bumpy road. I'm gonna get through this alright. And there will be a day, maybe, that they'll see me back in the Octagon."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...k-lesnar-not-giving-up-on-a-return-to-the-ufc

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah - not happening lol. The dude tested positive for an in-competition test as well. He's out for two years is my guess and effectively ends his MMA career.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
**** Lesnar. Here we have guys busting their ***** on a regular basis and this guy just strolls in every six months. Just go away.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Its probably hard for Brock to differentiate from real to fake punches. Hes literally training for his life in UFC 200 and then weeks later reading scripts. You can't go back and forth in these respective industries looking sharp. Brock hitting Randy Orton with serious elbows is not ring rust, its ring confusion. I bet Brock thinks he was going easy on Orton.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brock laid off on the head once he saw blood. He knew what he was doing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lol at Brock being punished. Not only did he go over but he went over by leaving Orton in a pool of his own blood and now gets to sit at home until the Rumble.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00