GDT: UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Spivac/Bellator 290: Bader vs Fedor 2

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I didn’t actually think of that, haha. Where are you seated? Can you get closer? Haha
I was in one of the lower rows in the upper bowl, it was a pretty good view so I didn't move down even though I thought about it haha. It was only about a quarter full by the time the Gracie fight started, was great getting out of there like I said, but you also heard everyone's drunk shouting from anywhere in the arena lol

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I really like Laura Sanko, especially on the weigh in shows. I also really like the idea of the first female UFC commentator in 30 years, she seems to have a ton of knowledge. But I'm struggling with the commentary here. Both Bisping and Sanko are constantly talking over/cutting off each other and John, making for really choppy commentary. I know it's pretty common for commentators to interrupt each other but this just sounds bad to me. Maybe I just don't like the combo.
Laura Sanko is solid and she 100000000% deserves this opportunity I enjoy her commentary on DWCS but I do agree with you. Which is weird cause it's not like her and Bisping haven't worked before maybe it's just off today. Maybe it's cause Bisping is a dominant personality but there's been a few moments where I thought it was awkward.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Devin Clarks athleticism gets me so excited about his fights, he's super explosive, strong, flexible, and quick. But then Devin Clarks fights get me so disappointed about his athleticism. Someone that athletic just needs to do more with it. He has to be one of the most athletic guys in the division, but just consistently doesn't live up to my expectations for that kind of athlete. Even with a win, I'm just waiting for more.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Lewis needs to go to BKFC, he doesn't want to do MMA anymore. He looked absolutely atrocious. I absolutely did not expect Spivak to just ragdoll/control Lewis that much, so very impressive but Lewis has been consistently regressing and just doesn't look like he wants to be in there as soon as there's some adversity/ground work.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lewis needs to go to BKFC, he doesn't want to do MMA anymore. He looked absolutely atrocious. I absolutely did not expect Spivak to just ragdoll/control Lewis that much, so very impressive but Lewis has been consistently regressing and just doesn't look like he wants to be in there as soon as there's some adversity/ground work.
I feel like he doesn't even train for the stuff he doesnt like, like wrestling and such. For such a strong guy he just gets manhandled everywhere.

Lewis' last win was against an overweight Light Heavyweight.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel like he doesn't even train for the stuff he doesnt like, like wrestling and such. For such a strong guy he just gets manhandled everywhere.
The thing is that he didn't used to, he used to be able to use his strength, balance, explosiveness, and effort to stop a lot of takedowns and get out of a lot of positions from some of these mid guys. More recently, he's just looked like he'd rather not be there as soon as someone takes him down. I think he's mentally gone from the sport and is just there to try and throw hands. Put him in some brawls or don't schedule fights at all because these suck.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Tognoni really is a rat f***. I’ll never forget what he did to Mike Rodriguez

What did he do to Mike Rodriguez?!

Edit: Googled it and completely forgot about the Herman fight. That was atrocious. Seems there's one step forward to steps back for referees in this sport. Good thing they just made them all learn the rules of Power Slap... For f*** sakes.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

That's a big call out from Jailton. I'll watch any of his fights but I'd like to see him add a little size if he plans on staying at HW. 230 is little light to be grappling with 260lbers in my opinion. I think he'd have Tybura but a guy like Blades or Pavlovich having that much of a weight advantage could be a problem. There's LHWs that walk around bigger than that for god sakes.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's a big call out from Jailton. I'll watch any of his fights but I'd like to see him add a little size if he plans on staying at HW. 230 is little light to be grappling with 260lbers in my opinion. I think he'd have Tybura but a guy like Blades or Pavlovich having that much of a weight advantage could be a problem. There's LHWs that walk around bigger than that for god sakes.

I'm not doubting Jailton, the guy is legit. But it will definitely be something to watch

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad