GDT: UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Lewis could KO Ngannou on any given night imo.
This is a question !

honestly ... this fight today was easy. It makes everything look easy.

i like Lewis as a person ... and wish it would be the case ... But Nganou is another type of beast.

Remove "bon gamin" and Nganou, and you will have Lewis at the top ... but here ...

Against Nganou, he should throw himself in the fight and it is the first who connects. i give Lewis a 25% chance.
Nganou 's jaw was never tested !!

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This is a question !

honestly ... this fight today was easy. It makes everything look easy.

i like Lewis as a person ... and wish it would be the case ... But Nganou is another type of beast.

Remove "bon gamin" and Nganou, and you will have Lewis at the top ... but here ...

Against Nganou, he should throw himself in the fight and it is the first who connects. i give Lewis a 25% chance.
Nganou 's jaw was never tested !!

Disagree completely. I'd say it's a 50-50% chance vs Ngannou. You said it yourself, literally whoever connects first. I strongly believe we saw Francis wobbled vs Stipe in that finishing exchange, and if Stipe has the power to wobble him then Lewis power will turn the lights off. Especially now that Francis has slimmed down, I don't know if he could take a clean Lewis shot. But I also don't know if Lewis can take a clean Francis shot. 50/50 and would love to see it again.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Wonder if Belal and Leon have any interest in running it back...

They did Belal dirty here imo and he would want to. Why would Leon run it back? They treated that fight as a win for Leon and he kept moving up, now he's in line for a title shot. If he loses vs Usman maybe he fights Belal again to gatekeep/keep ranking but can't see it happening before that.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Ended up having to miss this one.

Lewis doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's a 1 trick pony and is not very technical, for sure, but he's been near the top of the division for 5 years and has only lost to the elite of the elite in that time. If you're a tier down, he's beating you.

Did not see Belal beating Wonderboy at all, let alone beating him down like that. Wonderboy used to have great TDD, but it's cost him big time in 2 consecutive fights now. At 38 and being 3-6 in his last 9, not looking good for one more run at the title.

Big win for Belal, though. Even if it turns out that Wonderboy is more washed than we realized, it's a big name on his resume and he should get a big fight next. Either Burns or Luque would make sense assuming Edwards is getting a title shot and Masvidal-Covington happens.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad