Time: 4 pm ET/1 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodríguez
Heavyweight bout: Ben Rothwell vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
Women's Featherweight bout: Felicia Spencer vs. Leah Letson
Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong vs. Julio Arce
Welterweight bout: Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Thiago Moisés vs. Joel Álvarez
Women's Flyweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Andrea Lee
Featherweight bout: Sean Woodson vs. Collin Anglin
Women's Flyweight bout: Cortney Casey vs. Liana Jojua
Lightweight bout: Marc Diakiese vs. Rafael Alves
Light Heavyweight bout: Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung​

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I can appreciate how skilled Yair is but I can't see him winning this fight. I think Max's output and pressure will break him. Very curious to see if Yair can use his kicks like Volk did to break up Max's rhythm.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fun main event

I’m mildly intrigued by the first fight. Interested in Woodson, Moises-Alvarez, yadong-arce, and mostly Baeza-Khaos

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
For a casual fan like myself, there's not much to get excited about on this card beyond the main event...

With that said, it's a helluva main event!

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I just want to thank whoever it was who pointed out in another thread that this is a 4pm main card.

Any other fights outside the main event you guys are looking forward too?

I see Kennedy Nzechukwu is on the card his last two fights have been kind of crazy. Against both Ulberg and Marques he was getting beaten pretty badly then cameback out of no where for the finish.

Reactions: Chaels Arms and CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I haven't been this excited for a fight that I can only see going one way in a long time. I think Max is going to put a beating on Yair and I don't see how Yair can win. Maybe some spinny shit, but I'll believe Max can be knocked down, let alone knocked out, when I see it. But it's almost guaranteed to be a fast paced, all action fight.

Found it kind of strange that Max was teasing a move to 155 in one of his interviews. Mentioned that he has a win over Oliveira, he's always on short list for Conor, etc. I'm sure he feels he can and did beat Volk already, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't want that fight. Maybe the weight cut is starting to get too tough? Maybe he just wants fresh matchups? If he beat Volk, they almost have to do it a 4th time, right?

Not complaining about it, but find it strange that Calvillo-Lee is on the prelims. I feel like the UFC likes both of them for some reason, but now they are on the prelims of a mediocre at best Fight Night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaels Arms and CDJ

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I haven't seen much of Yair Rodriguez fight, but what little I did see I was very impressed with... he's very light on his feet... has great movement...

He only has 1 loss in the UFC... which was a doctor stoppage against Frankie Edgar... so he's never actually been beaten by KO or decision

I think Rodriguez can more than hold his own in a striking match with Holloway, my only concern would be his cardio over 5 rounds... we know Max won't get tired, but will Yair?

I feel like this fight has flown under the radar a little since it comes the week following a PPV event, but on paper this is one of the better match-ups of the year, and I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing how it plays out on Saturday

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I haven't seen much of Yair Rodriguez fight, but what little I did see I was very impressed with... he's very light on his feet... has great movement...

He only has 1 loss in the UFC... which was a doctor stoppage against Frankie Edgar... so he's never actually been beaten by KO or decision

I think Rodriguez can more than hold his own in a striking match with Holloway, my only concern would be his cardio over 5 rounds... we know Max won't get tired, but will Yair?

I feel like this fight has flown under the radar a little since it comes the week following a PPV event, but on paper this is one of the better match-ups of the year, and I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing how it plays out on Saturday
He wasn't KO'ed, but it wasn't like it was an eye poke that the doctor stopped it for. Frankie beat the living shit out of Yair in that fight. It was a mercy stoppage. He was also well on his way to losing to Zombie until literally the last second. He gets all the props in the world for being able to land that elbow, but it doesn't seem very repeatable. Other than that, Stephens, Fili, and Caceras are solid but kind of whatever wins. BJ was washed. The Hooker win was 6 years ago. I'm just pointing out he hasn't really fought guys at Max's level or the level of guys that Max has been fighting very often. The 2 times he did step up into that tier, he was a Hail Mary elbow away from going 0-2.

There's a reason he's a +500 underdog. It would be a massive upset for him to win this fight.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
He wasn't KO'ed, but it wasn't like it was an eye poke that the doctor stopped it for. Frankie beat the living shit out of Yair in that fight. It was a mercy stoppage. He was also well on his way to losing to Zombie until literally the last second. He gets all the props in the world for being able to land that elbow, but it doesn't seem very repeatable. Other than that, Stephens, Fili, and Caceras are solid but kind of whatever wins. BJ was washed. The Hooker win was 6 years ago. I'm just pointing out he hasn't really fought guys at Max's level or the level of guys that Max has been fighting very often. The 2 times he did step up into that tier, he was a Hail Mary elbow away from going 0-2.

There's a reason he's a +500 underdog. It would be a massive upset for him to win this fight.

Yair just turned 29 in October, and his fight with Edgar was back in May of 2017.... so nearly 5 years ago

So, you've got a 24 year old taking on a future Hall of Famer still in his prime... yeah, I'm not surprised Edgar was dominating

I've never bet on a fight, but at those odds I'd throw a few bucks down on Yair

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yair just turned 29 in October, and his fight with Edgar was back in May of 2017.... so nearly 5 years ago

So, you've got a 24 year old taking on a future Hall of Famer still in his prime... yeah, I'm not surprised Edgar was dominating

I've never bet on a fight, but at those odds I'd throw a few bucks down on Yair
Fair, but Max is also 29 and was UFC interim champ by the time he was 24.

There's just not much evidence to point to that Yair can win this fight other than MMA is a wild sport. The payout would certainly be nice if he pulled it out, though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Steve Mowry is one of the weirdest fighters I’ve ever seen. He’s taller than Volkov and he specializes in kimuras, like wtf lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pico is starting to look like the elite prospect he was supposed to be

Something that’s consistent with him is that he rips BRUTAL counter body shots and he does it in most of his fights. It’s his go-to

Reactions: Killahpunk

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Not complaining about it, but find it strange that Calvillo-Lee is on the prelims. I feel like the UFC likes both of them for some reason, but now they are on the prelims of a mediocre at best Fight Night.

Yea that is weird. I would rather that fight be on the main card than some of the others TBH. Only match up off the top of my head where both are ranked in the top 15 other than the main event. And if Calvillo actually gets a take down we might we some action.

Song-Arce might be cool, and Moises-Alvares too. But yea if I didn't bet on a bunch of fights I wouldn't be paying much attention until the end lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad