Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira
Light Heavyweight bout: Volkan Oezdemir vs. Misha Cirkunov
Welterweight bout: Peter Sobotta vs. Ben Saunders
Welterweight bout: Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Omari Akhmedov
Welterweight bout: Oliver Enkamp vs. Nordine Taleb
Middleweight bout: Jack Hermansson vs. Alex Nicholson

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Pedro Munhoz vs. Damian Stasiak
Middleweight bout: Trevor Smith vs. Chris Camozzi
Lightweight bout: Reza Madadi vs. Joaquim Silva
Welterweight bout: Nico Musoke vs. Bojan Veličković

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Darren Till vs. Jessin Ayari
Lightweight bout: Marcin Held vs. Damir Hadžović

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I wonder how many people could name the guy that is ranked in the top five of his division on this card, outside of the main event.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder how many people could name the guy that is ranked in the top five of his division on this card, outside of the main event.

Only reason I can is because I heard it being discussed yesterday. I had no idea.

I always look forward to watching Gustafsson and Cirkunov but there's not a whole lot going on here.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
UFC's LHW is such a talent wasteland. All the good LHW journeyman are in Bellator, the top 10 outside the big 3 is trash, there's no bluechip prospects too.

Which sucks. LHW is my favourite weightclass. Giants with KO power that are also able to put out for 5 rounds.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I got Gus by KO. Too long and his movement should keep him away from Glovers power, should be able to box him up from with he outside

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I wasn't sure, but when I picked one, I got it, but by default. Look at the other weight classes... most are pretty stacked.
Didn't realize he was that high in the rankings, thought he was around 9-12.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
i honestly don't see Teixeira's strategic path to victory. he's a mediocre boxer with some power and with a good top game.

Guys like Jones and Cormier struggled like hell to get Gus down, so don't see Glover getting him on the floor.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Enkamp looks like a good prospect if he can improve his striking fundamentals or process. The guy throws like a good striker, but doesn't think, set or time his strikes like one yet. Got the flash, now needs the substance.

Taleb has grown into a really good fighter. He's looking like a well-put together Top 25 WW gatekeeper

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couple of brutal KOs so far. Saunders just got lit up in the last one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wow. That was such a weird KO. Cirkunov was landing shots and looking good and then goes to sleep after a short punch behind the ear.

Oezdemir certainly deserves that top 5 spot now.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Wow. That was such a weird KO. Cirkunov was landing shots and looking good and then goes to sleep after a short punch behind the ear.

Oezdemir certainly deserves that top 5 spot now.

This is the kind of performance that makes keeps me wary of Oezdemir's legitimacy as a top LHW. holding a win on an awful fight over a very overrated and declining OSP and a freak KO via an extremely soft looking strike. He deserves that Top 5 position for now, but im still unsure if he's actually legit good lol

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Unless Volkan has crazy power that was very odd. Looked like one of those back of the ear shots, so not necessarily a chin issue, but still seemed like an awfully weak shot to put someone out. Seems people are more susceptible to those types of shots when they're moving forward and swinging away.

I would be shocked if Gus doesn't take this. Glover has really started to look plodding/slow, and he won't be able to take it to the ground.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is the kind of performance that makes keeps me wary of Oezdemir's legitimacy as a top LHW. holding a win on an awful fight over a very overrated and declining OSP and a freak KO via an extremely soft looking strike. He deserves that Top 5 position for now, but im still unsure if he's actually legit good lol

I don't disagree. I honestly have no idea what to think of him right now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gus has landed some nice combinations. It's always risky turning your back and running though and he has taken a few shots when doing it.

I'm not a fan of him continuing to put his open hand out there when he has already poked Glover in the eye once.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Agreed with all of this.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Glover has no answer for the uppercuts. it's truly a great weapon against someone whose only winning path is to go to the ground.

This is a good fight for Gus to get back to form.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Glover has no answer for the uppercuts. it's truly a great weapon against someone whose only winning path is to go to the ground.

This is a good fight for Gus to get back to form.

Have to think the eyepoke isn't helping that at all if Glover can't see. But, still a very impressive performance.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. Uppercut after uppercut after uppercut. Great performance by Gus.

Glover is crazy tough too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad