Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
And if he's going to be a 3B/4A, he's probably worth more in a trade than he is on this roster with his qualifying offer.
Totally agree. I think its very obvious he gets moved this offseason. Just makes too much sense. Hes an arb eligible guy 2 years away from ufa. Proper asset mgmt would try to deal him for a 2nd pair youngish type dman, i just dont know off hand who potential trade partners could be for that. And then letter othmann/berard battle it out for that roster spot to replace him or if you feel theyre not ready, sign a 1 year stop gap type player like perron or pavelski

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
On Sportsnet 650 Thomas Drance of TheAthletic said "I don't think the Panthers have an answer for Rempe. I heard Rempe say that he has a bone to pick with Tkachuk because Rempe's from Calgary. Rempe's a terrifying human being."

Unfortunately doesn't look to be in the lineup to start the series but who knows, maybe Lavi's up to more of his tricks

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
On Sportsnet 650 Thomas Drance of TheAthletic said "I don't think the Panthers have an answer for Rempe. I heard Rempe say that he has a bone to pick with Tkachuk because Rempe's from Calgary. Rempe's a terrifying human being."

Unfortunately doesn't look to be in the lineup to start the series but who knows, maybe Lavi's up to more of his tricks

They do have an answer.

Don't engage him. Thats it. None of their guys are going to fight him because they don't have a death wish (Tkachuk and Bennett are supreme spot pickers in that regard as it is) and its going to be a bad trade off for them.

If he does draw in again, he can't play as toothless as he did in g5 against Carolina. He had one good shift and grabbed DeAngelo by the collar while getting chirped at - not nearly enough.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
To be effective on the PK you have to be able to start and stop quickly. Not an expert on quickness in small spaces but that doesn't seem to be Kakko's forte
His starts and stops are fine, he's rangy, is strong on the puck, defensively he's good. I'd just for once like to be able to put a top line out after a pk instead of the 4th line

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
His starts and stops are fine, he's rangy, is strong on the puck, defensively he's good. I'd just for once like to be able to put a top line out after a pk instead of the 4th line
Bread and Laf usually get the 1st shift after a PK if I remember right. Wennberg/Goodrow/Jimmy/Mika/CK all take shifts on the PK. That's somebody from all 4 lines so you won't get a full line. Simple solution is if Vinny must kill penalties, send him out 1st. Then he'll be ready to join his line mates.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Bread and Laf usually get the 1st shift after a PK if I remember right. Wennberg/Goodrow/Jimmy/Mika/CK all take shifts on the PK. That's somebody from all 4 lines so you won't get a full line. Simple solution is if Vinny must kill penalties, send him out 1st. Then he'll be ready to join his line mates.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was
10-72-13 In this series after a kill.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Aho is great but his best year is basically a baseline for Barkov, and Barkov wins a Selke on top of it. Sam Reinhart nearly scored 60 goals and outscored Aho. Tkchuck in a down year paced about the same as Aho's best season. Matthew had back-to-back 100 point seasons the last two years. Verhagae is what people think Guentzel is. Florida with those four are on another planet than the Canes... Aho.. Svechnik-overated.. and who else? Necas? The swept that team for a reason. Carolina couldn't score.

As far as players in the series. I'd take Barkov over any player in the East not named Matthews and I might take him over Matthews too. He's also having a monster playoffs right now. Tkchuk would probably be the next best player, though a healthy Fox and Panarin are probably a similar tier. I'd take him over the latter for sure though, especially in the post season where Matthew shines and Panarin... remains to be seen.

Fox is the best defenseman, but not if he's playing like he did last round. If that's him, we're toast. Florida has a really underrated blueline. Forsling is a legit star. Montour is highly talented. Ekblad is up and down but he'd easily be the second best defenseman on this team at this point.

JMHO. Carolina is no slouch and was anything but a garauntee. Still, they're a weaker contender IMO. Florida is the class of the conference this year until proven otherwise.
82 games not proof enough? Proven otherwise. But if you insist - Let’s go Rangers

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I found a book that uses gut instinct to set lines that has Panthers plus money to win the series. I put half my chips on each team. Free money. Cised.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Here's my theory. Maurice has likely drummed it into the Panthers players heads- "The Rangers power play is deadly! You guys led the league in penalties. Don't take dumb penalties".

Maybe not wanting to take penalties will make the Panthers slightly less aggressive. Maybe.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
We're down to the final four teams in the league, but, sure the difference is gonna be a guy who plays 4 minutes a game and wouldn't be a 20 goal scorer in the defunct Central Hockey League, just because he's "Scary"

Its very funny to think a really good team like the Florida Panthers are just scrambling around and working 23 hour days like NASA's ground control during Apollo 13 over Matt Rempe lol

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Fox with his injuries is likely not the best defenseman in this series.

I feel like it’s premature to call Fox’s demise after a few “weak” games against Carolina. He still had a few good games in the series and he had a slow start after returning from his injury in the regular season. He has been the best defenseman in the league in aggregate the past 4 years - don’t care what they say about Makar.

The reality is we can move the goalposts to make anyone look better or worse. Panarin outscored the leading scorer in Florida by 26 points. By that logic he’s easily the best forward in this series. If we want to switch it to playoff Panarin than we can’t use Barkov’s body of work for his career as the benchmark, etc.

It comes out in the wash in the end. I don’t think we’re out skilled by Florida. I don’t think Carolina is either really.

Edit: meant to quote you and another poster but this website is a disaster on a cellphone. You catch my drift. ;)

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
We're down to the final four teams in the league, but, sure the difference is gonna be a guy who plays 4 minutes a game and wouldn't be a 20 goal scorer in the defunct Central Hockey League, just because he's "Scary"
If it is between Matt playing 5 minutes or Brodzinski who plays 8:45 and was on ice for a goal against in game 6 against Carolina.
I’ll take Rempe every time. Rempe is disruptive; Brodzinski is a placeholder.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I feel like it’s premature to call Fox’s demise after a few “weak” games against Carolina. He still had a few good games in the series and he had a slow start after returning from his injury in the regular season. He has been the best defenseman in the league in aggregate the past 4 years - don’t care what they say about Makar.

The reality is we can move the goalposts to make anyone look better or worse. Panarin outscored the leading scorer in Florida by 26 points. By that logic he’s easily the best forward in this series. If we want to switch it to playoff Panarin than we can’t use Barkov’s body of work for his career as the benchmark, etc.

It comes out in the wash in the end. I don’t think we’re out skilled by Florida. I don’t think Carolina is either really.

Edit: meant to quote you and another poster but this website is a disaster on a cellphone. You catch my drift. ;)
Fox has like 2 even strength points. Pittsburgh won a Cup without Letang; we’re not on that level. Fox has to be Fox.

This is bigger than Chytil, Kakko, Rempe, Wheeler, or whatever else people have under the microscope.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was
10-72-13 In this series after a kill.
We got to see it once against the Canes. No doubt it's in the chamber if needed.

The bigger question that I have for G1 is who do you start? Fil in his first game back at MSG since being hurt or Kreider coming off G6?

The crowd is going to be electric anyway, but the starting lineup pop is going to be insanely loud for either.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad