GDT: UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Dos Anjos

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Pretty stupid of Paul to have taken this on short notice. Losing to an unranked dude doesn't help your waning title shot aspirations. Foolish career management.

He probably got the biggest payday of his life and curried the UFC's favour by taking a 5 day 5 rounder. As an employee it is huge for his career, even if he does lose.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
50-45 for RDA

RDA looked great back at 155. Felder is crazy tough so props to him for going the distance. He probably would've had trouble with this version of RDA even with a full camp.

Reactions: m9

member 51464

RDA is ranked #12 at WW.
Yes, and he is unranked at the weight class they are at.
He probably got the biggest payday of his life and curried the UFC's favour by taking a 5 day 5 rounder. As an employee it is huge for his career, even if he does lose.
Maybe. But I wouldn't be surprised if he versus Hooker or being on one of the PPV cards in the past paid as much or more. He also is a successful fighter generally and has a solid broadcast career. I don't think this does anything "huge" for his career.
You make it sound like RDA is some unknown fighter.
No, I make it sound like the #7 guy who wants to see himself as being in title contention at 155 made a bad call. RDA is not an unknown, but not fighting would still have been better than taking the L here for Felder's goals.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Expected RDA to win, but didn't expect it to be that dominating. Felder's a tough SOB. Nothing but props to him. Even with a full camp, not sure he has much for RDA.

RDA vs. Hooker?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Maybe. But I wouldn't be surprised if he versus Hooker or being on one of the PPV cards in the past paid as much or more. He also is a successful fighter generally and has a solid broadcast career. I don't think this does anything "huge" for his career.

No, I make it sound like the #7 guy who wants to see himself as being in title contention at 155 made a bad call. RDA is not an unknown, but not fighting would still have been better than taking the L here for Felder's goals.

He just fought, it keeps him relevant and his opinions at the desk matter. Eventually guys like Cormier will fade away because there is no luster.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

He's a former lightweight champion, and has like the 4th most win in lightweight history,

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
RDA didn’t do a whole lot with his control time but still, it was so much positional dominance. Too much to overlook and give 3 rounds to Felder

And while the striking was competitive and possibly even leaned towards Felder it’s not like RDA didn’t have moments there too

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
That's criminal. That judge has to be fired. I'm honestly losing interest in UFC rapidly because of shit like this.

Reactions: member 51464

member 51464

Yes, but he's also a former champ at LW. So calling him an 'unranked fighter' is a big disingenuous, no?
No, calling him an unranked dude in the context of the weight class they are fighting at, WHERE HE IS NOT RANKED, is 100% accurate. Yes, he was champ at LW, and lost the title about four and a half years ago. For reference, on that date, Khabib's most recent fight was against Darrell Horcher.
He's a former lightweight champion, and has like the 4th most win in lightweight history,
Yes, emphasis on former. RDA being a name would have helped it look like a nice feather in the cap of Felder. It does not change the fact that RDA is past his prime and not currently ranked in this weight class.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, calling him an unranked dude in the context of the weight class they are fighting at, WHERE HE IS NOT RANKED, is 100% accurate. Yes, he was champ at LW, and lost the title about four and a half years ago. For reference, on that date, Khabib's most recent fight was against Darrell Horcher.

Yes, emphasis on former. RDA being a name would have helped it look like a nice feather in the cap of Felder. It does not change the fact that RDA is past his prime and not currently ranked in this weight class.

well it’s unwise to insinuate that fighting RDA was stupid because of his rank when RDA is still headlining fight cards...

Still an elite fighter. His worst loss is probably Chiesa and that was just a pure size mismatch

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad