GDT: UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

“Listen, that was a great fight,” White said, speaking to the media ahead of Saturday’s UFC 248 event in Las Vegas. “A great fight. Absolutely, the head butt had a lot to do with the knockout too, not to take anything away from him, it was a great fight, but I think you have to do that fight again.

“First of all, he didn’t make weight. Joe still fought him, there was a headbutt, so a lot of controversy in that fight. But it was a great fight. Both guys came to fight, I’m sure you guys know how I feel about him not making weight, but we’ll do it again. They both deserve it.”

Sure. It's not like there's anything else going on at flyweight.

Reactions: m9

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Sounds like we're getting an immediate rematch (which I like personally). The headbutt played a factor and when you don't make weight you always have a debt to settle with your opponent. I think the rematch goes the same way as this one but at least the division will (presumably) have a champion.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm fine with a rematch too, but that's probably only because I like Benavidez.. which isn't a very good reason. But whatever, it's flyweight so I won't pretend to care that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad