Heavyweight bout: Marcin Tybura vs. Sergey Spivak
Featherweight bout: Jordan Griffin vs. T.J. Brown
Featherweight bout: Aalon Cruz vs. Spike Carlyle
Welterweight bout: Ismail Naurdiev vs. Sean Brady​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The main event and Cutelaba vs Ankalaev are gonna be a lot of fun

other than that I’m interested in seeing Sean Brady and Aalon Cruz. I got to see Brady in Boston and he looked good in his debut against a ufc vet in Court McGee

Cruz has a preposterous reach for featherweight (78”) and hit a sick knee in the contender series. He is all limbs

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Dawson is a prospect to watch. Another meh card by the UFC though.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Only interest in this card for me is rooting for Joey B. to win a belt. But even then, I wish it was against the champ and not for a vacant belt. It's probably not enough for me to even watch this card, to be honest.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ankalaev is worth watching - could be a future contender at LHW.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Figueiredo missed weight. wouldn't it be hilarious if he won the fight and Buffer announces Henry Cejudo is still flyweight champ.

In that scenario they might as well just announce the flyweight division is no more.

Reactions: td_ice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dawson didn’t even come close to weight too

also I think cutelaba takes ankalaev out

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
What a joke. You have about seven people interested in this division and one of the guys in the "championship" fight misses weight. They can't scrap this division fast enough.

Apparently Nunes is slated to fight whichever of the four 145ers looks the best this weekend.

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly don’t mind having flyweight around but yeah, if benavidez loses you almost have to fold the division at this point and leave that weight class to ONE

Also grant Dawson should be ashamed of himself. Basically 5 lbs over. He’s lucky that Chas Skelly got hurt because Idk if a vet takes that fight

I honestly think if you miss weight you should be suspended from that weight class for 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Are we forgetting the period of time that the UFC intentionally thinned out and tanked the FW division, and falling for the UFC's provocateur bs in saying this card proves FW is an untenable division?

FW are some of the most consistently entertaining fights as long as the 2 guys fighting fit into the weight class naturally.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Ankalaev is essentially undefeated - he should cruise through as his opponent has zero stamina.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ankalaev is essentially undefeated - he should cruise through as his opponent has zero stamina.

Cutelaba may not have a gas tank but you better be on your toes while the tank still has anything left in it, dudes a monster in the first round

as for @vladdy16 i do remember them intentionally cutting a lot of the fat in the weight class, I just think cejudo vacating the belt is the worst thing that could have happened to it. He took out the divisions Goat, looked like somebody fans cared about, and then bailed without defending it. Even if Benavidez wins and has the belt is it really going to move the needle? I mean as a die hard I would love it but I think I’m in the minority when I say it’s something I care about. There’s a reason why they use the title on fight nights in Norfolk. It’s never been much of a draw.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Brendan Allen has a couple nice finishes under his belt in Kevin Holland and Tom Breese. Only 24. He’s got a potentially bright future

Phillips vs Silva has been sweet through 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice right by Anderson. Viana looked out of it with how her eyes rolled back so I can see why the ref stepped in immediately.

One of Anderson or Spencer (if she wins) is likely getting the next shot at Nunes.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Awful stoppage, but Ankalaev looked great up until that point.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Agree with the above, that is the worst stoppage I can remember

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Guys literally throwing a haymaker as the ref stops it lol what in the f*** is he thinking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad