GDT: UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Blachowicz 2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wow another DQ betting win for me tonight, beautiful stuff

crafty vet move you rabid mofo!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Given how badly he was being beaten, I would've had much respect for Diego had he said he could continue, but then immediately tapped once the fight resumed

Reactions: member 51464

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
An emphatic KO win like that might just be enough to get Blachowicz a title shot.

It sucks to see the co-main end like that, especially when Pereira was cruising, but that's definitely an illegal and DQ worthy knee. It also resulted in a nasty cut.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
An emphatic KO win like that might just be enough to get Blachowicz a title shot.

It sucks to see the co-main end like that, especially when Pereira was cruising, but that's definitely an illegal and DQ worthy knee. It also resulted in a nasty cut.

Yeah I have no doubts Diego could have kept fighting but “could” is different than “should”. That cut was nasty like you say, he was rocked, and going back out there to take more damage after the career full of damage he had taken is unnecessary

It was blatantly illegal, tough to feel too bad for Pereira. Weird to see it twice in one night

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
2 DQ's on the main card? What the hell happened? :laugh:

I guess Jan deserves the title shot. Cannonier, Manuwa, Krylov, Rockhold, Jacare, and now Anderson is about as good of a list of wins as you get in the LHW division these days. His only loss during that stretch was to Santos. It's not an exciting fight and I'm not sure what unique challenge Jan poses to Jones, but I guess the division will roll on. From an entertainment standpoint, I'd still rather see Jones got to HW or rematch Reyes.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jan will probably have some trouble with Jon’s reach but he probably hits harder than everybody but Santos in the division. Maybe Volkan hits harder, maybe.

Blachowicz also has sneaky wrestling. I think Jon would win a decision though

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
2 DQ's on the main card? What the hell happened? :laugh:

I guess Jan deserves the title shot. Cannonier, Manuwa, Krylov, Rockhold, Jacare, and now Anderson is about as good of a list of wins as you get in the LHW division these days. His only loss during that stretch was to Santos. It's not an exciting fight and I'm not sure what unique challenge Jan poses to Jones, but I guess the division will roll on. From an entertainment standpoint, I'd still rather see Jones got to HW or rematch Reyes.

brutal DQ’s too. Both guys blatantly on the ground not expecting to get knees to the mush getting knees to the mush. It was hard to watch, particularly the Brok Weaver one where he went out for a split second.

props to weaver though. He seems like an electric personality and it seemed like he wanted to continue the fight- they just wouldn’t let him

Diego on the other hand def could have continued but he was about to lose 30-27 so f*** it, take the W. Not his fault Pereira has zero octagon IQ. He even asked Herzog if he was gonna get a DQ win if he couldn’t continue and Herzog wouldn’t tell him because he wanted him to keep going. In fairness to Diego though the cut was pretty gross and was in a spot where it would probably leak into his eye. He doesn’t need to take unnecessary damage at this point in his career

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird card.

Impressive win for Błachowicz. I'm fine with doing the Jones fight next, though I bet they're leaning to Jones/Reyes 2 instead. I think there was a lot more heat behind Jones/Anderson, but with Blachowicz winning they can circle back to the Reyes rematch if they want.

The guy that caught my eye tonight was Daniel Rodriguez. Great performance vs a tough vet in Means.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Brok Weaver says he considers his DQ win a KO loss

idk how good this guy is but he’s electric

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
That was as clean a KO as you'll see. I think he's too stiff/slow to pose any real threat to Jones, but I do think he's worthy of the next shot. Santos can make just as strong a case as Reyes for a rematch so if he's healthy in the next few months there's a great number one contender fight on the Jones-Jan card.

If Diego's contract is set up for a hefty win bonus then I can understand what he did. It wasn't the most honorable thing, but if we're talking tens of thousands of dollars I certainly can't fault him too much.

It seems I'm in the minority but I actually like watching Pereira, he's very entertaining. And granted most people probably want to see his antics get him KO'd in highlight fashion, but that still makes people want to watch.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I usually understand taking the DQ because you need the win bonus to take care of your family but Diego sacrificed his legacy here. He was all set to retire with a legacy as a never say die fighter who always showed a true warrior spirit and he threw that away for a win bonus.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I usually understand taking the DQ because you need the win bonus to take care of your family but Diego sacrificed his legacy here. He was all set to retire with a legacy as a never say die fighter who always showed a true warrior spirit and he threw that away for a win bonus.

yeah I don’t think him taking a DQ win at the age of 38 (when he’s got a gaping gash on his forehead above his eye) does much to impact the legacy of a guy who helped put the UFC on the map

Reactions: pistolpete11 and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Diego is a weird dude, so if anything this just cemented his legacy of being a weird dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad