Light Heavyweight bout: Devin Clark vs. Dequan Townsend
Bantamweight bout: Casey Kenney vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Women's Bantamweight bout: Macy Chiasson vs. Shanna Young
Flyweight bout: Mark De La Rosa vs. Raulian Paiva​

Reactions: pistolpete11

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What a train wreck of a card

Sanchez is 8 - 10 in his last 18 fights, and Pereira doesn't even have his own Wikipedia page

How could the UFC possibly think that was a worthy co-main event?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What a train wreck of a card

Sanchez is 8 - 10 in his last 18 fights, and Pereira doesn't even have his own Wikipedia page

How could the UFC possibly think that was a worthy co-main event?

because this is a relatively minor fight night in New Mexico and Diego is a draw in New Mexico. Also the guy he’s fighting- while not being good- is a semi-viral guy who does crazy stuff and had a sweet KO in his ufc debut. But again....he’s not that good. He got handled by Tristan Connelly. I anticipate Diego will hold him down for 3 rounds and get the win. Or he’ll get KO’d in 30 seconds. No in between.

Dodson vs Wood should be good. Vannata vs Medeiros should be fun. Dirty Bird usually has fun fights. Hot sauce vs jim Miller is something.

not saying it’s a good card but I’ll probably watch it lol

Reactions: Avs_19

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not a ton in terms of relevance but I actually think this will be a pretty fun card.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty insane Diego is still fighting and picking up the occasional win considering he won ultimate fighter 1 lol

jfc that was so long ago

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
So does the winner of the main event get Jones next or do you think Reyes gets an immediate rematch?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Pretty insane Diego is still fighting and picking up the occasional win considering he won ultimate fighter 1 lol

jfc that was so long ago
Yeah, especially with all the wars he's been in.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So does the winner of the main event get Jones next or do you think Reyes gets an immediate rematch?

I would give the winner to Jones and give the loser to Reyes. Then if Reyes wins again you can run it back.

thiago Santos is walking around now so that’s nice. I still can’t believe he took a card from Jon on zero good legs

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I said it in the other thread already, but I give Jones the winner and have Reyes fight Oezdemir.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is an important fight for the division but I don't know if it'll be as simple as the winner getting a title shot. If Anderson wins one of his boring decisions, no one will be asking to see him fight Jones. I think he needs to win impressively to finally get his title shot.

I could actually see the co-main being entertaining since both guys are kinda crazy and don't always stick to a game plan. Same goes for Vannata vs. Medeiros.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Probably won't bother watching this one. The only fight I'm somewhat interested in is the main event, but I'm more interested in the outcome and the impact it has on the rest of the division than watching the fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know Borg has had family issues, but he missed weight again. I don't know why the UFC keeps giving him fights at flyweight, it's embarrassing to both sides at this point.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
The main event and any time Diego fights should be good. Kind of surprised to see Means and Miller on the undercard coming off of wins on a pretty weak card. With Dodson on the undercard as well it's worth checking out. A random HW fight or two would make it a lot more interesting.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know Borg has had family issues, but he missed weight again. I don't know why the UFC keeps giving him fights at flyweight, it's embarrassing to both sides at this point.

Idk why he doesn’t permanently move to 135. He’s missed weight there, 125 should be entirely out of the question.

Feel bad for the guy though. He’s a guy that can’t really afford to get fined and I’d also imagine it’s really hard for him to get a full camp in given the situation with his son.

just a shitty situation. It’s also not fair for the opponent obviously. Hopefully he doesn’t look at that Kenney loss as a setback and hopefully it’s not his motive for moving back down, I thought he won that fight tbh.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Idk why he doesn’t permanently move to 135. He’s missed weight there, 125 should be entirely out of the question.

Feel bad for the guy though. He’s a guy that can’t really afford to get fined and I’d also imagine it’s really hard for him to get a full camp in given the situation with his son.

just a ****ty situation. It’s also not fair for the opponent obviously. Hopefully he doesn’t look at that Kenney loss as a setback and hopefully it’s not his motive for moving back down, I thought he won that fight tbh.

I read a stat that he has either missed weight or pulled out of half his UFC fights. I get there are some legit reasons there, but some people just aren't reliable.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I read a stat that he has either missed weight or pulled out of half his UFC fights. I get there are some legit reasons there, but some people just aren't reliable.

he did get put in that sick armbar though so he’s at least given us that!

I really do feel for him and his opponents. But yeah at a certain point he needs to take accountability and give up flyweight considering making bantamweight isn’t a lock for him

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Normally number one contender fights are very compelling but I just can't get up for this one. Both guys have too many bad losses on their resumes. Even with Jones looking very human as of late I still think he walks right through either of these guys.

People keep talking about Anderson as a dark horse, and how he feels he's been disrespected. I can't say I agree. He acts like he's been on this unnoticed ass whooping tour. The second he earned a decisive/impressive win he was put in a number one contender fight. Can't really ask for more than that.

Reactions: WillyNy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couple of good fights on the prelims.

Means just got lit up. It's surprising he lasted as long as he did in that fight.

member 51464

I love how Anderson's highlight reel is basically just two punches against Johnny Walker from multiple angles, lol

Reactions: WillyNy and h2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love how Anderson's highlight reel is basically just two punches against Johnny Walker from multiple angles, lol

lololol

Well otherwise it would be buffer reading a bunch of 29-28 scores

Nice to see Borg win even if he came in off weight. Get all that money you possibly can!

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I was about to say De La Rosa's striking looks so non-threatening, and then she knockdowns her opponent. Pretty meh fight otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad