GDT: UFC 292: Sterling vs. O'Malley/PFL 8

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Weidman didn't look as bad as I thought he would here. Huge heart but just an amazing game plan by Tavares here.

I think if they determined that low blow didn't land, they should have returned them to a grounded position but that's just me.

Well that should put the end of the talk about a championship run for Weidman
Who was ever talking about that???

Reactions: td_ice

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Weidman didn't look as bad as I thought he would here. Huge heart but just an amazing game plan by Tavares here.

I think if they determined that low blow didn't land, they should have returned them to a grounded position but that's just me.

Who was ever talking about that???

Anik mentioned it just before the fight.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
As the resident Aljo fan you pretty much nailed it. Just to add to it even the second Yan fight was a split decision and I wasn't convinced watching it at first if he won or not. Then the neck injury sidelining him for a year hurt his rep as well.

It does suck though cause the cringe crap is all an act he really is a good guy and he only really bought into after he got so much flack after Yan 1. That picture I think Merab posted started a lot of it.
For the record, I don't even dislike Aljo. I don't think cringe bothers me as much as it does other people, though.

....except Colby. I f***ing hate Colby.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
wont even let me order the fight on the ufc site.

solid system

Let me order it, but only in french, solid system

Last edited:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
For the record, I don't even dislike Aljo. I don't think cringe bothers me as much as it does other people, though.

....except Colby. I f***ing hate Colby.
Oh yeah for sure there's quite a difference. Colby is crosses the line every single time makes it personal and his persona is just being a piece of shit. Aljo just figured after he got so much hate screw it I'm just going to embrace the hate. You can tell the difference cause everyone who's ever trained with Colby hates him and it is quite the opposite with Aljo.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Not sure why Perillo said Chito is winning the fight... Munoz's corner is much more realistic by saying it's close. Chito needs to step on it here and hope he got the judges on his side for one of the first 2.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
He's just a slow starter its so frustrating watching him look stale and dance for a round or two and then turn it on and land a KO.

I just went and checked he was losing both fights on the scorecards against Cruz and Edgar but landed pretty awesome KO's to win.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He's just a slow starter its so frustrating watching him look stale and dance for a round or two and then turn it on and land a KO.
Really frustrating. He's got everything. Speed, power, has all the tools, good on the ground, incredible chin. Just not active enough. He might pull this out despite it, but this fight was closer than it should have been.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Close fight. Obviously Chito won the "fight" but the scorecards can go either way. I can easily see 2 of the judges giving Pedro the first 2 rounds. Hope for 29-28 Chito.

Edit: I was wrong.... Judges be judging.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Feel like Garry could end this anytime he wants, he's just playing around

Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've never seen a fighter, let alone a vet, as incapable of changing stances as Magny. He can't go southpaw even just to give that leg a few seconds to recover.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad