GDT: UFC 292: Sterling vs. O'Malley/PFL 8

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This is why Weili is so good. Kind of like Nunes. She might not be the very best striker in the division. Or the most dominant wrestler. Or the best BJJ player. But she's probably better than you at one of those things, Rose notwithstanding.

Lemos was kind of getting the better of the exchanges on the feet, so she took it to the ground and secured another easy round.

Lemos is still dangerous, though. Weili still needs to be careful.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Idk how Garry reminds you of Jon Jones. When Jones got comfortable striking he was very unorthodox and liked the clinch, elbows, and awkward kicks. Garry likes long traditional strikes from range and very rarely closes the distance beyond that. Jon was also a talented wrestler who used it, Garry is not. Very different styles imo.

Ya, obviously he's not Jon Jones but his ability to effectively figure out the range and be extremely accurate from there are similar. And both come off very unlikeable. That's all I've got

Oh, and Garry also keeps his fingers out so I assume some eye pokes are in his future

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What a drubbing

“Lemos showing why she’s here”

What, that there is nobody else to fight for the belt at 115 at the moment?

• Haha

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'd give R4 to Lemos. The rest clearly....clearly....for Weili. However many 10-8's you want to give her. Doesn't matter. Utter domination.

Very reminiscent of Nunes-GDR 2 to me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Boston loves them some Weili Zhang, i noticed they were chanting her name. She likes that more than the reception she got in the US when she fought Rose

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This card hasn't necessarily been bad, but every fight since the Weidman one has went pretty much as expected. I'm expecting Aljo to make pretty quick work of O'Malley or at least make it look easy, so we'll see.

On a positive note, I'm a big Gadelha fan and she looked great hanging out in the crowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad