GDT: UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev/ONE on Prime Video 3: Lineker vs. Andrade

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Definitely.

But in every pre-fight for Khabib people would be saying he's not that great and will lose against (insert Gaethje, Poirier, McGregor).

I think at least half the people thought Gaethje would win that fight because he had wrestling background to stop Khabib lol.
Yeah, people talked up Gaethje’s D1 wrestling background to the point that it basically became a meme. A lot of good that ended up doing him against Khabib.

Reactions: I am not exposed

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It's the fight to make. You're wrong.

Technically speaking, Dariush should be fighting for the belt now, and I have a feeling that Dana would have gave it to him after tonight given that he was supposed to fight Islam. But Khabib jumping on the mic and calling out Volk this fast speaks volumes.

If that's the route they're going with, Benny should be given the winner of Chandler vs Poirier in a title elimination bout.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
That looked like every other recent Oliveira fight except Makhachev jumped on top of him instead of letting him recover and get back up.

Yep. He got cracked in quite a few of his previous fights. But his opponents were too concerned of going to the ground with him. Understandable so. No such concern for Makhachev :cool:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Technically speaking, Dariush should be fighting for the belt now, and I have a feeling that Dana would have gave it to him after tonight given that he was supposed to fight Islam. But Khabib jumping on the mic and calling out Volk this fast speaks volumes.

If that's the route they're going with, Benny should be given the winner of Chandler vs Poirier in a title elimination bout.

We are on the same page that Dariush deserves the next shot. Would rather they did that, but it doesn't look like they will.

Oliveira is a bigger fight for Dariush than those two guys. Higher ranking, better fighter, timing is ideal.

You don't really need to do a title eliminator. They'll have options regardless of what happens.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Only saw the main card.

Dariush is knocking on the door, veteran performance from him and a clear win.

I knew Yan would lose the decision if it was even remotely close. Shitty decision but saw it coming a mile away. It's not the absolute worst I've seen but a tier below. I mean, I can at least fathom how a judge would give 1 and 3 to O'Malley even though I strongly disagree.

Just don't give him the title shot, Chito vs O'Malley 2 is the fight to make.

TJ is a warrior and that sucked for him but I'm glad Aljo won in dominant fashion. The guy gets way too much disrespect and I'm sure people will put an asterisk next to this one too, but he is a deserving champion.

Islam/Oliveira went as expected. I actually think Volkanovski has the best chance of anyone right now to win, so I can't wait for that one.

Reactions: m9

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

There’s another angle of this that shows Khabib looking like he’s about to jump out of the octagon and go after Chimaev. He probably didn’t because 1) he didn’t want to take away from Islam’s moment, and 2) he likely didn’t want to be involved in another moment similar to the McGregor post-fight debacle.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There’s another angle of this that shows Khabib looking like he’s about to jump out of the octagon and go after Chimaev. He probably didn’t because 1) he didn’t want to take away from Islam’s moment, and 2) he likely didn’t want to be involved in another moment similar to the McGregor post-fight debacle.

Khamzat and his whole crew come off as the most un likeable douchenozzles

Chimaev is getting a rep for this stuff but let's not pretend Khabib and his crew don't do their fair share of this shit as well.

I like Dana's answer in the presser - basically that there's a bunch of fighters there for events and sometimes they try to get into fights. Basically, it is what it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad