GDT: UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Jiri is gonna take his head off but i am just so happy for this moment in history where Glover is an undisputed UFC champion
This is probably the most likely scenario, but I could see Jiri doing some wild shit, end up getting taken down, and Glover submitting him, too.

needs a better win. Jiri slept the guy he just took to a decision. I want to see Ankalaev vs Rakic in a title eliminator
Aren't they doing Rakic-Smith?

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is probably the most likely scenario, but I could see Jiri doing some wild shit, end up getting taken down, and Glover submitting him, too.

Aren't they doing Rakic-Smith?

They both said yes immediately after Smith’s last win but I figure the ufc probably has different ideas. First fight was kinda terrible

also agreed on jiri possibly mayhemming himself into a sub

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Honestly, if I had a word to describe UFC 267 it would be disappointing. Jan, Hooker, and Li just didn't show up. It's not that they lost or even that they got finished, but they barely put up any resistance between the 3 of them. The opening fight was fine. The HW fight was meh. The only fight that really delivered for me was Yan-Sandhagen and the couple of prelim fights I saw.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I really hope the Chimaev/Diaz talk isn't serious. Not sure how anyone could be interested in that fight, it wouldn't be competitive. Give Nate someone he actually has a chance at beating, or at least an entertaining matchup before he becomes a free agent.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I really hope the Chimaev/Diaz talk isn't serious. Not sure how anyone could be interested in that fight, it wouldn't be competitive. Give Nate someone he actually has a chance at beating, or at least an entertaining matchup before he becomes a free agent.

came here to post that Dana is absolutely going to try to feed him to Khamzat before he hits free agency

member 51464

yeah it was arguably the biggest beating I’ve ever seen that wasn’t stopped, he gassed himself out brutalizing his opponent lol
I still think Glover piecing up Anthony Smith takes it for most brutal non-stoppage. I mean Smith's teeth were coming out, lol.

There was also some undercard fight in, hmm, maybe spring or summer 2019 where some young guy with long blond hair got the shit kicked out of him for so long the announcers were also talking about how it should have been stopped. I cannot for the life of me think of his name, though it could be because his interest in MMA was beaten out of him forever.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I still think Glover piecing up Anthony Smith takes it for most brutal non-stoppage. I mean Smith's teeth were coming out, lol.

There was also some undercard fight in, hmm, maybe spring or summer 2019 where some young guy with long blond hair got the shit kicked out of him for so long the announcers were also talking about how it should have been stopped. I cannot for the life of me think of his name, though it could be because his interest in MMA was beaten out of him forever.

I believe you’re thinking of Thomas Gifford vs Brandon Davis

Gifford was released and immediately got starched on the indies team too. Idiot fought 4 months after that beatdown. Couldn’t take a punch after the beating he took I guess. Hasn’t fought since

member 51464

I believe you’re thinking of Thomas Gifford vs Brandon Davis

Gifford was released and immediately got starched on the indies team too. Idiot fought 4 months after that beatdown. Couldn’t take a punch after the beating he took I guess. Hasn’t fought since
Man, nice pull on that! I knew he had some sort of lion related nickname too, haha. Interesting that he and Smith share that and both had that sort of losses.

But honestly, good on him to not pull a Vick and just keep getting himself brutalized. Two bad ones is more than enough.

Also, when I first replied I was still catching up on the fights since I was out earlier. So happy for Glover!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Man, nice pull on that! I knew he had some sort of lion related nickname too, haha. Interesting that he and Smith share that and both had that sort of losses.

But honestly, good on him to not pull a Vick and just keep getting himself brutalized. Two bad ones is more than enough.

Also, when I first replied I was still catching up on the fights since I was out earlier. So happy for Glover!

couldn’t forget that fight if I tried. Watched that one live and was cringing the whole time. His dad was his cornerman letting it happen, that made it even worse

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Chimaev is an absolute beast. Wow. It's truly surreal. Every time you think he's gonna get tested he looks even better. I don't need to see him against anyone but Usman (or Adesanya).

Since MMA math is always right this means Glover is better than Adesanya right?
I don't think Glover has quite the chin Jan does at this stage in his career, but Glover is an absolute nightmare matchup stylistically for Adesanya. If he could avoid getting caught in the brief standup exchanges he could maul Adesanya on the ground.

Jan was 100% checked out the second that fight hit the mat in the 2nd. That was strange.

Glover is such a likable guy I think it'd be impossible to not be happy for him.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Blachowicz tapped so quickly, I think mentally he was already back in the locker room...

Seems like he just gave up

I still don't get it man. We watched Volk sit there in a tight choke what seemed like forever and then we got this. I was stunned I was convinced it had to be something with the jaw but all he said after was it was in there tight.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Honestly, if I had a word to describe UFC 267 it would be disappointing. Jan, Hooker, and Li just didn't show up. It's not that they lost or even that they got finished, but they barely put up any resistance between the 3 of them. The opening fight was fine. The HW fight was meh. The only fight that really delivered for me was Yan-Sandhagen and the couple of prelim fights I saw.

Jan disappointing for sure but that’s just how good Islam is. When you’re that big of a favorite over Hooker it’s not surprising. To top it off he fought like a moron. And for Li, that’s just an absolute nightmare stylistic matchup for him and there was only ever one way that was gonna go. Nothing to do with him no showing.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
248945577_184256297208341_7490720735066345077_n.jpg

Reactions: dss97

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Masvidal's name coming up as well.

We don't even know if Chimaev can take a punch although I'm sure he has. Burns is available or maybe he was booked, Chimaev took no damage so ready for the quick turnaround again.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Jan disappointing for sure but that’s just how good Islam is. When you’re that big of a favorite over Hooker it’s not surprising. To top it off he fought like a moron. And for Li, that’s just an absolute nightmare stylistic matchup for him and there was only ever one way that was gonna go. Nothing to do with him no showing.
Li didn't land a single f***ing punch. If that's not no showing, I don't know what is.

And Hooker wasn't much better. Everybody knew Islam was going to win, but that was way too easy. Khabib is arguably the most dominant fighter we've seen in the UFC but Gaethje, Poirier, Conor, Ragin' Al, etc. were at least able to survive a round. If you're the #6 LW in the world, you shouldn't be getting submitted in 2+min. Period.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Masvidal's name coming up as well.

We don't even know if Chimaev can take a punch although I'm sure he has. Burns is available or maybe he was booked, Chimaev took no damage so ready for the quick turnaround again.
Masvidal is booked against Edwards.

I think Burns-Chimaev is the fight to make. Both elite grapplers and both with power in their hands.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
as much MMA fighters improve, major weaknesses are rarely ever erased; they are just typically hidden within layers of skills and tactics. Blachowicz used to be the guy with 1 round cardio. He got better as he learned to pace himself. After that first round of grappling, we really got 2015-2016 Jan back aka the guy that lost to wrestlers and wrestle-strikers.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Li didn't land a single f***ing punch. If that's not no showing, I don't know what is.

And Hooker wasn't much better. Everybody knew Islam was going to win, but that was way too easy. Khabib is arguably the most dominant fighter we've seen in the UFC but Gaethje, Poirier, Conor, Ragin' Al, etc. were at least able to survive a round. If you're the #6 LW in the world, you shouldn't be getting submitted in 2+min. Period.

The point is that the second that Chimaev fight went to the ground it was going to be over. It just so happened to occur at the beginning of the fight.

Hooker with the stupid low kick ended the fight for himself. I guess you could call it a no show, I just think it was dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad