GDT: UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
What's the deal with the Connelly-Sabatini odds? Connelly's only UFC match was a win against Perriera at welterwight, but is the underdog against someone making their UFC debut at featherweight. What am I missing?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
What's the deal with the Connelly-Sabatini odds? Connelly's only UFC match was a win against Perriera at welterwight, but is the underdog against someone making their UFC debut at featherweight. What am I missing?

I don't know much about Sabatini, but Connelly is nothing special and that fight was more about an awful Pereira performance. If Sabatini is decent at all I expect him to win. Connelly is also coming off a bad injury.

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
From a couple of comments throughout fight week, I'm going to predict now that we will see Nunes-Valentina 3 if/when they both win their next fights.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Rooting for Usman but have a feeling Masvidal gives him a scare. First couple rounds could be interesting, Masvidal got the better of it early last fight and Usman seems to be in love with his standup. Eventually though, I expect Usman to dig deep and do what he needs to do. I think it will basically be a more entertaining version of their first fight.

Would've said Shevchenko by KO but she didn't look so great on the scales, whereas Andrade is an absolute tank. Went from being quite confident in Valentina to being pretty close to even, guess I'll go with the Champ by headkick or something but don't be surprised at an upset here.

Weili/Rose is a coin toss for me, and my pick for FOTN. Could even see Rose getting a sub. But I think could play out kind of like the Rose/Andrade fights where she uses her range and technical prowess to get the better of things on the feet, but the more of a "dogfight" it becomes, the tables could turn. Rose started to fade and eat big shots in rd 3 against Andrade last time, I could see something similar playing out here. I'll go with Weili by 4th or 5th round TKO but honestly, no clue who wins this.

To round out the main card, I'll go Weidman (who appears to be in great shape) and Crute. Great overall card, can't wait.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Much like Gastelum, I've given up trying to predict Anthony Smith, but I just wanted to point out that his losses at LHW are to Jones (GOAT), Glover (#1), and Rakic (#2). His wins at LHW are questionable one way or another, too, which is why I have given up predicting him, but just thought that was kind of interesting.

For Crute, Smith would be by far his biggest win and he's only 25 with a handful of fights in the UFC. But, win or lose, I do think he's the real deal. So no outcome would surprise me.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I don't think usman or valentina will have much issue winning, idk what to think of rose/zhang... but I'm leaning towards rose via sub.

Also think smith and weidman lose but who knows.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
30-26? That's one of the worst scores I have seen in a long time. Makes me wonder if a mistake was made.

Reactions: CDJ

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Fights with fans is just so much better, I’m so jealous as a Canadian watching this.

You Americans can send us some vaccines any time now lol

Reactions: WillyNy

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm gonna post this so I can look back later and remind myself why I don't bet.

Smith has overachieved IMO, not that I think Crute is anything special, but I'd expect him to take it.

Weidman may be my favorite fighter, but it's a classic case of him having to be perfect for 15 minutes vs Hall having to be perfect for 1 second. Unfortunately I think Weidman's chin is done. I'd take Hall via TKO.

I don't think Andrade has anything for Shevchenko, I'd expect a pretty lopsided decision or mercy stoppage in the 4th.

Weili is an absolute beast and Joanna gave her all she could handle (which surprised me). Rose could do the same, but I wouldn't count on it. Weili by pretty clear decision.

Masvidal's tough but he doesn't deserve the rematch and the odds are correct. Anything can happen but this has 50-45 written all over it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My bets were Allen, a champions parlay, usman by finish, Crute by finish, Hall by finish

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That sub looked really close. He might've only been a few seconds away from winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad