GDT: UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
That was the right call there, I think both fighters had some good moments and it's better to call it a draw and run it back again. Great fight.

Also great performance by Olivera, his ground game has to be among the top, I think he would be an interesting problem for Khabib.

member 51464

That was the right call there, I think both fighters had some good moments and it's better to call it a draw and run it back again. Great fight.

Also great performance by Olivera, his ground game has to be among the top, I think he would be an interesting problem for Khabib.
The one thing that I come back to is that Khabib always just seemed so physically strong. That would potentially neutralize a lot of paths for Do Bronx. I'd love to see it, though.

Also, anyone know what the payout for a majority draw in the main event was? haha

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
The one thing that I come back to is that Khabib always just seemed so physically strong. That would potentially neutralize a lot of paths for Do Bronx. I'd love to see it, though.

That may be, but Oliveria's ground game is elite, you almost need that kind of fighter to compete with Khabib, elite on the ground and can strike. The only knack on him is that he's known to break from time to time, but he's on a very impressive streak so I think he's deserving to face Khabib if he wins his next match against one of McGregor, Porier, or Gaethje.

member 51464

One of the judges scored round 5 for Moreno somehow?

I find it more interesting that none gave 3 to Moreno. I felt like watching it live a lot in here thought Moreno took 3. Idk. What can you do. We will see how the rematch goes.

I just hope Moreno's shoulder and Dern's face are okay, haha.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I bet on Cejudo and that fight and I’m still not quite sure he won it

Yeah, I was rooting for Cejudo just so we would have a new champ and make it more interesting. Of course, this is before I realised how cringey he would be! haha. But that fight was super close, and I honestly thought at the time, Mighty Mouse won that fight.

Reactions: CDJ

its josh

May 13, 2020
I thought Moreno got robbed.

Love watching Tony cringe get dominated.

DC/Rogan make me start hating fighters due to their exaggerated commentary.

Reactions: Dingo and Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Moreno got robbed.

Love watching Tony cringe get dominated.

DC/Rogan make me start hating fighters due to their exaggerated commentary.

he got outstruck, was landing less significant shots, and didn’t do anything with the takedowns he had, I’m not really sure how he was “robbed”. You can think he won and that’s reasonable but it sure as hell wasnt a robbery. That term is losing its meaning

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
he got outstruck, was landing less significant shots, and didn’t do anything with the takedowns he had, I’m not really sure how he was “robbed”. You can think he won and that’s reasonable but it sure as hell wasnt a robbery. That term is losing its meaning

Yea I think Moreno won but a fight this choose there can't be a robbery. Could go either way.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Great fight but fight of the year is Poirier vs Hooker
The 3 contenders in my mind are Weili-JJ, Poirier-Hooker, and this one. I couldn't argue against any of them.

They went Fiziev over Swanson for POTN. Can’t argue with that, he looks like dynamite
I thought Oliveira was a no brainer POTN. He doesn't get it just because he didn't get a finish?

Cub, Fiziev, and Gane probably get POTN on most nights. Just goes to show you how good of a night of fights this was. FOTY contender and 5 worthy POTN.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Oliveira's win was impressive because it was over Ferguson but it really wasn't a "POTN" candidate to me. They rarely give it to non-finishes anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad