Women's Strawweight bout: Mackenzie Dern vs. Virna Jandiroba
Middleweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Ronaldo Souza
Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Daniel Pineda
Lightweight bout: Renato Moicano vs. Rafael Fiziev
Featherweight bout: Gavin Tucker vs. Billy Quarantillo
Women's Strawweight bout: Tecia Torres vs. Sam Hughes

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Chase Hooper vs. Peter Barrett​

Reactions: pistolpete11

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully we're done with the cancellations now because this is still a really solid card. I think every fight other than Torres/Hughes is interesting on some level.

The co-main is the main attraction for me. This is one of those fights that I can't see disappointing because there should be action no matter where it goes. I'm going to pick Oliveira because of the run he has been on but it's still tough to go against Ferguson, even after that one-sided loss to Gaethje not too long ago. Oliveira isn't fighting the same level of competition but he has just looked so good and well rounded. Ferguson is also almost 37 years old and taken quite a bit of damage.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This is the first time I've looked at the card in full - hopefully it holds up. Just let the 4 men's main card fights happen and I'll settle for that.

Those are some fun prelims too, though.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Figueiredo-Moreno - I'm interested mainly because it's badass they are both fighting so soon. As MK have been talking about, Figueiredo is your clubhouse leader for fighter of they year with a win. Figueiredo kind of bugs me even with his limited English (and especially his manager or coach or whoever that Gru-looking guy is), so I hope Moreno wins. I also don't want Figueiredo to just become the next Mighty Mouse. Let's build a rivalry and some names in that division instead of just watching the top guy smash everyone.

Tony-Oliveira - I think it is clearly the People's Main Event. Not all that long ago, I would have laughed at this fight announcement. I'm still not all that sold on Oliveira. Lee is a great win, but Lee is not Mr. Consistency himself and it was in Brazil as the world was being lit on fire. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he had to deal with COVID too, but it was just strange circumstances and could be an outlier. I mean his next best win is what? Stephens at FW 6 years ago? And with Tony, I think we just don't know. That was an astoundingly brutal beating he took. Is he recovered not only physical, but mentally? Should be a fun fight, though. I still gotta go with Tony. They are kind of similar to me, but Tony is much bigger.

Dern-Jandiroba - Always good to see Dern.

Holland-Jacare - Big name for Holland on a PPV. Even at 41, Jacare should still be a good test. Could be Jacare's last fight in the UFC.

JDS-Gane - Pretty much the same thing just in a different weight class. Could be JDS's last fight in the UFC.

Glad to see Cub make it back, but it too could be the last time we see him in the UFC.

I know Moicano, Torres, and Hooper, but don't know anything about their opponents. Poor Hooper-Barrett being the only fight on the early prelims :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Figueiredo-Moreno - I'm interested mainly because it's badass they are both fighting so soon. As MK have been talking about, Figueiredo is your clubhouse leader for fighter of they year with a win. Figueiredo kind of bugs me even with his limited English (and especially his manager or coach or whoever that Gru-looking guy is), so I hope Moreno wins. I also don't want Figueiredo to just become the next Mighty Mouse. Let's build a rivalry and some names in that division instead of just watching the top guy smash everyone.

Tony-Oliveira - I think it is clearly the People's Main Event. Not all that long ago, I would have laughed at this fight announcement. I'm still not all that sold on Oliveira. Lee is a great win, but Lee is not Mr. Consistency himself and it was in Brazil as the world was being lit on fire. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he had to deal with COVID too, but it was just strange circumstances and could be an outlier. I mean his next best win is what? Stephens at FW 6 years ago? And with Tony, I think we just don't know. That was an astoundingly brutal beating he took. Is he recovered not only physical, but mentally? Should be a fun fight, though. I still gotta go with Tony. They are kind of similar to me, but Tony is much bigger.

Dern-Jandiroba - Always good to see Dern.

Holland-Jacare - Big name for Holland on a PPV. Even at 41, Jacare should still be a good test. Could be Jacare's last fight in the UFC.

JDS-Gane - Pretty much the same thing just in a different weight class. Could be JDS's last fight in the UFC.

Glad to see Cub make it back, but it too could be the last time we see him in the UFC.

I know Moicano, Torres, and Hooper, but don't know anything about their opponents. Poor Hooper-Barrett being the only fight on the early prelims :laugh:

Fiziev vs Moicano should be very good, Fiziev is a high level kickboxer

Barrett kinda stinks imo

don’t know anything about Tecia’s opponent

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I think Figueredo destroys Moreno. Just different tiers of athlete imo, Figueredo is just an animal. Moreno is good enough where he can't be taken lightly but I'd be truly shocked if he pulls this off.

If not for the Cub Swanson loss I'd be inclined to pick Oliveira here. I always thought he went down a little easy in that one and I wonder if he's ready for a dog like Ferguson. Skill wise I could see Oliveira absolutely dominating but can he sustain it or put Tony away? No idea. If not, that's big trouble. Won't even make a pick but can't wait for that fight.

Plenty of other good matchups, I'll go with Jandiroba, Jacare and Dos Santos (pure hope) to round out the main card. Gane is the real deal but there are definitely openings there, huge step up in competition here.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Time to embarrass myself again:

Hooper
Torres
Quarantillo
Moicano
Pineda
Gane
Jacare
Dern
Ferguson
Main event o2.5 (too high for me to pick Deveison but he should win)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love how Formiga took Deivison to school and is gone 3 losses and a year later. What a sport

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'll be interested to see if Moreno can drag the fight into the 4th or 5th round. Guys that cut a lot of weight and that are as shredded as Figueiredo can sometimes have gas tank issues. Plus Figueiredo has cut that weight twice in 3 weeks now. I'm not saying he will have issues, but I don't think we know. He's never seen a 4th round. Moreno has only seen the 4th a few times himself, but he's scrappy and just seems to be the type that has no quit in him. Anyway, I think it's his only chance because skill for skill, Figueiredo should win this fight.

Reactions: m9

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'll be interested to see if Moreno can drag the fight into the 4th or 5th round. Guys that cut a lot of weight and that are as shredded as Figueiredo can sometimes have gas tank issues. Plus Figueiredo has cut that weight twice in 3 weeks now. I'm not saying he will have issues, but I don't think we know. He's never seen a 4th round. Moreno has only seen the 4th a few times himself, but he's scrappy and just seems to be the type that has no quit in him. Anyway, I think it's his only chance because skill for skill, Figueiredo should win this fight.

I agree that usually is the case with guys who cut a lot but... not at these weights, you rarely see gas tank issues for the little guys.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I agree that usually is the case with guys who cut a lot but... not at these weights, you rarely see gas tank issues for the little guys.
Yeah, it obviously doesn't happen as much at lower weight classes, but I'm not talking like a fat, sloppy HW who can barely stand up after 2 rounds. Just a noticeable decrease in speed or maybe loses a little bit of focus on the ground or something like that. I realize it's a weight class up, but Marlon Moraes is an example and obviously a different gender, but Claudia Gadelha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->