GDT: UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
The line's a little steep for my blood but I really think Reyes picks Jan apart. My guess is he makes him look very stiff, slow, plodding.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Reyes doesn’t get him out of there in 2 I worry that he will gas. He lost that Volkan fight imo and while I think he did enough to win against Jones, he did sputter the last few rounds. Jan has no problem taking this to a decision and he’s got solid power himself

Reyes could very well get him out of there though, he’s a great athlete with legit power.

Just can’t go away from the Non-washed vet Underdog formula I’ve got going in. I lose sometimes but overall it’s a winning system from what I’ve seen so far

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Reyes doesn’t get him out of there in 2 I worry that he will gas. He lost that Volkan fight imo and while I think he did enough to win against Jones, he did sputter the last few rounds. Jan has no problem taking this to a decision and he’s got solid power himself

Reyes could very well get him out of there though, he’s a great athlete with legit power.

Just can’t go away from the Non-washed vet Underdog formula I’ve got going in. I lose sometimes but overall it’s a winning system from what I’ve seen so far

I could see Reyes slowing down if he comes out similar to the Jones fight where it's just constant movement and action early on. However, I also see him banking a few rounds before he gets tired if he fights like that. Maybe I'm underestimating Jan but I think he might have a hard time handling that.

Reactions: CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Brutal fight. I think if you intentionally grab the cage it should be an even quicker point deduction than accidental fouls.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Usman would lose a point every round then.

Usman will occasionally put his fingers in the cage when holding someone against it but I don't recall anything egregious. I mean more so if you do it to change a potentially dominant position like in that fight when he twice grabbed the cage to prevent takedowns.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Usman will occasionally put his fingers in the cage when holding someone against it but I don't recall anything egregious. I mean more so if you do it to change a potentially dominant position like in that fight when he twice grabbed the cage to prevent takedowns.
Usman when he's holding someone against the fence, often grabs the fence to keep them there.

Not as bad anymore, but was really bad when he was on TUF.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's so big for a 205.

He’s a tank, I watched him get taken down a bunch on DCS and he was using sheer power to get up. Not much technique but f*** technique when you’re built like that

he’s lucky he’s only 5’10 because there’s no way he could come close to weight if he was 5’11 with that frame. They said he gets into the 250’s sheeeeeesh

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He’s a tank, I watched him get taken down a bunch on DCS and he was using sheer power to get up. Not much technique but f*** technique when you’re built like that

he’s lucky he’s only 5’10 because there’s no way he could come close to weight if he was 5’11 with that frame. They said he gets into the 250’s sheeeeeesh
How old is he? I didn't see the walkout.

I could see him swapping to heavyweight later on if he's getting up to 250 in the off season, cutting weight just gets harder and harder as you age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad