GDT: UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I bet on Aldo in that Moicano fight

I just feel differently about Yan
I picked Aldo, too, but a lot of people were picking Moicano. I think Moicano was probably a better style match up for Aldo, but there are similarities.

I'm usually the last to get a hype train, though, so call me a skeptic. The only recent hype train I've been on since the beginning was Tatiana Suarez. Maybe Zhang, too. I thought it was ridiculous she got the title shot, but I also knew she was going to f*** up Andrade.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
The real tricky pick will be when Yan fights Sterling next.

Likely not betting that one.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

This clip makes me a little worried for Max. I know a lot of it is psychological and he has to maintain the mentality that he 'won' or that he's the superior fighter but at the same time I hope he doesn't truly dismiss the leg kicks as just point fighting and fails to make adjustments. He's an elite fighter so I still have hope in him but seeing how determined Volkanovski is and how he's expressed his frustration with what he perceives to be 'disrespect', I think he's gonna come out and try to make a real statement tomorrow so Max will have to be really prepared.

Reactions: ZDH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the adjustments to the leg kicks were made in the last fight. I think hes just generally disregarding them because they did minimal damage....I don’t think he’s stupid enough to think he can fight the same way at the beginning of the fight as he did last time though

He’s also been saying a lot of shit I don’t necessarily believe either- I don’t believe for a second he has done his training on zoom with absolutely zero sparring

Volkanovski will be making adjustments too- Bareman may have an argument at being the top coach in the game right now

Should be a war.

Reactions: ZDH

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know it's easy to say but it's tough to not really like all the favorites on the main card. In terms of value, Rose at -200 is an absolute steal IMO. I'm pretty confident with 2 to 1 odds that a complete fluke won't happen again.

Usman should absolutely dominate Masvidal (especially with no camp), and I just see a repeat of the first Max-Volkanovski fight.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I was skeptical the Usman vs Masvidal fight would actually happen. Happy to see both guys made it, I fully expect Usman domination but Masvidal is such a wildcard I can't write him off completely. This is also the most interesting undercard for me in awhile.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I could see Masvidal taking some wild chances right outta the gate, but I see his only path to victory as an early or comeback stoppage. Nothing would shock me but I expect Usman to mostly dominate. Just for the sake of the division I really hope he gets the win.

I'll go with
Usman
Yan
Holloway
Namajunas
Ribas
Prochazka
Santos
Rosa
Dos Santos
Tybura
Day
Amirkhani
Zhamagulov

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
All prelims on TSN 4 this time (including early prelims) from 6-10.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Finding everything Russian imaginable for the Yan vibes. Dug up an RSL jersey, a Mt. Elbrus t-shirt and have 1/2 a bottle of bad vodka, so far so good.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not who I had winning that’s for sure....

don’t think I’m biased because of my bet either

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
That is an absolutely brutal display of judging. How did Paiva win 2 rounds? In what f***ing world? And all 3 judges scored it that way.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad