GDT: UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm all in on Yan.

yeah I’m going live with it

He completely outclassed Jimmie Rivera which is easier said than done. Also watching him against Douglas Andrade was a sight to see....Andrade hadn’t experienced much failure in his career and his corner had to stop the fight after 2. It was a demolition. Dodson is a really good gatekeeper for the division. Faber got starched by Yan but I don’t put a ton of stock in that as he’s like 65

I love me some Aldo but that weight cut is brutal and I think Yan is at an age where we will probably see an even better version of him than we’ve seen before in a couple days.

We know who Aldo is. We know he’s tough. We know Yan is tough but we don’t really know that ceiling yet....all we know is that it’s pretty high. We shall find out how high

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I bet on aldo..

62000745.jpg

Reactions: Perennial

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I dont see how Aldo does it, I'm rarely this confident going into a fight.

so pumped, Saturday is going to be wild

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I dont see how Aldo does it, I'm rarely this confident going into a fight.

so pumped, Saturday is going to be wild

I also get a weird feeling just lookin at him that Yan has a preposterous chin. Hasn’t been all that tested yet tho

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I also get a weird feeling just lookin at him that Yan has a preposterous chin. Hasn’t been all that tested yet tho

Aldo doesnt have the power of Dodson, and he teed him up and Yan fought through it. Just rewatched every fight by him so far in the UFC, he's such a beast.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
3 wins in his last 8 fights...

I don't think I would've made that bet
All of those 8 fights were against significantly better competition than Yan has even faced, though. Not saying Aldo gets it done, but as m9 said, it's not a bad bet with those odds.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Aldo doesnt have the power of Dodson, and he teed him up and Yan fought through it. Just rewatched every fight by him so far in the UFC, he's such a beast.

I definitely don't think Dodson is more powerful than Aldo. Aldo has been finishing guys at 145lbs while Dodson is much smaller and fought a ton at 125lbs.

I'm not sure either guy is all that powerful at this point, though. Not enough so that it's a factor

Reactions: VanillaCoke

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Usman
Max
Yan
Rose
Ribas
Volkan
Zaleski
Amirkhani
Santos
Grishin
Zhalgas (sneaky wins over Baugatinov and Nam outside the UFC)
Rosa
Day

member 51464

I'm nervous for all the weight cuts due to the long flight bookended by hotel room quarantining. Hoping everyone makes it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Let's get this money bro!

plz god don’t make me look foolish in front of my online friends again plz

I’m going back and forth on Rose

I know nothing about Grant and Day outside of Day gets hurt a lot and Grant almost lost to a guy that Eddie wineland murdered the fight before Eddie got sent to the shadow realm

Reactions: Club

member 51464

I do wish the time zone meant an earlier start time than usual.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
All of those 8 fights were against significantly better competition than Yan has even faced, though. Not saying Aldo gets it done, but as m9 said, it's not a bad bet with those odds.
That's a big factor for me, and that I think he won the moraes fight and he's much better than Yan right now.

Yan went the distance or close to it against pretty weak competition, and even 40 year old ghost of faber took it to 3 rounds.

I definitely don't think Dodson is more powerful than Aldo. Aldo has been finishing guys at 145lbs while Dodson is much smaller and fought a ton at 125lbs.

I'm not sure either guy is all that powerful at this point, though. Not enough so that it's a factor
Id agree aldo is more powerful than dodson, still not huge power but he's atleast got the power to stun yan. If dodson and faber can certainly aldo can.
As well as aldo has strong knees and an excellent ground game, if it goes there.
Usman
Max
Yan
Rose
Ribas
Volkan
Zaleski
Amirkhani
Santos
Grishin
Zhalgas (sneaky wins over Baugatinov and Nam outside the UFC)
Rosa
Day
You dont like aldo but you like max, when he got near dominated in the first fight!?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
plz god don’t make me look foolish in front of my online friends again plz

I’m going back and forth on Rose

I know nothing about Grant and Day outside of Day gets hurt a lot and Grant almost lost to a guy that Eddie wineland murdered the fight before Eddie got sent to the shadow realm
As long as Rose doesn't get slammed on her head trying to hold an arm bar, she'll win with ease.

She was dominating the first fight against Andrade.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Aldo also has cardio issues and is 2-4 in his past 6 fights. Yan is entering his prime and Also is far from his. I really dont see this being close at all but I've been wrong before.

Aldo doesn't deserve this shot anyways, hes just getting it based on Cejudos call out and his past accomplishments. Yan absolutely wrecked Faber who is old and out of his prime and he is going to do it vs an old out of his prime Aldo as well.

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Yan went the distance or close to it against pretty weak competition, and even 40 year old ghost of faber took it to 3 rounds.

Rewatch that fight, especially round 2. It wasn't even remotely close, Faber might have survived until round 3 but he was a human punching bag the entire fight. Might as well have been a 5 second round 1 ko mcgregor v aldo style.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Aldo also has cardio issues and is 2-4 in his past 6 fights. Yan is entering his prime and Also is far from his. I really dont see this being close at all but I've been wrong before.

Aldo doesn't deserve this shot anyways, hes just getting it based on Cejudos call out and his past accomplishments. Yan absolutely wrecked Faber who is old and out of his prime and he is going to do it vs an old out of his prime Aldo as well.

Neither of them deserve it - should be Moraes/Sterling.

I'm excited to see Yan though. Definitely one of the more exciting guys right now.

Reactions: ZDH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's a big factor for me, and that I think he won the moraes fight and he's much better than Yan right now.

Id agree aldo is more powerful than dodson, still not huge power but he's atleast got the power to stun yan. If dodson and faber can certainly aldo can.
As well as aldo has strong knees and an excellent ground game, if it goes there.

You dont like aldo but you like max, when he got near dominated in the first fight!?

A) completely different situations. I also never said I “don’t like Aldo” I said that’s a tough one for me- I just really like Yan. Also Yan f***ed Faber up the entire time, idk what you’re trying to imply. It was a massacre of a fight, pretty sure it’s on YouTube right now. Credit Faber for being so game, he took a beating.

I also feel like people undersell the Rivera win. Go take a look at who Rivera has lost to in the UFC. Moraes/Sterling/Yan. Guy isn’t all that fun to watch but he can fight. Couple the last 3 wins Yan has and him still being young enough to grow leaps and bounds between fights and you have the reason why I believe he’ll pull it off. I also worry about Aldo’s weight cut. He made it last time and looked good in the fight but it’s not gonna get any easier than that the more he does it and the older he gets

B) Holloway made adjustments later in the fight and started having more success. Stopped headhunting. Two judges had it 48-47, and that is exclusively because of those adjustments Holloway made as the fight went on. He was figuring things out

also it’s the fight game, dude. It’s a completely irrational sport, half the results don’t make any sense. Anything and everything happens. Betting chalk throughout rarely works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZDH

member 51464

Everyone made weight. This seems to be going too well...
Are we past everyone getting results from the final Covid-19 test too? I was worried masvidal would have it from his trainer and not know until later

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A) completely different situations. I also never said I “don’t like Aldo” I said that’s a tough one for me- I just really like Yan. Also Yan f***ed Faber up the entire time, idk what you’re trying to imply. It was a massacre of a fight, pretty sure it’s on YouTube right now. Credit Faber for being so game, he took a beating.

I also feel like people undersell the Rivera win. Go take a look at who Rivera has lost to in the UFC. Moraes/Sterling/Yan. Guy isn’t all that fun to watch but he can fight. Couple the last 3 wins Yan has and him still being young enough to grow leaps and bounds between fights and you have the reason why I believe he’ll pull it off. I also worry about Aldo’s weight cut. He made it last time and looked good in the fight but it’s not gonna get any easier than that the more he does it and the older he gets
Rivera is a solid fighter, but he's still basically a gatekeeper. His losses aren't bad, but he doesn't have any great wins either. His best is probably Munhoz 5 years ago or over-the-hill-one-foot-out-the-door Faber. And you can use the same logic on steroids for Aldo, too. His losses are to Conor, Max, Volkanovski, and Moraes. Moraes is the only one that hasn't been a UFC champ before and many argue he won that fight.

It just kind of has that Moicano-Aldo vibe to me a little bit. Moicano had some impressive wins (arguably more impressive than Yan's) with his only loss to Ortega, but he had never fought anyone on Aldo's level before. People were expecting him to beat Aldo and fight for the belt soon after, but Aldo f***ing lit him up.

I'm not saying I think Aldo is going to win, just that the odds seems a little bit skewed. Although, it looks like they have come closer than the last time I checked. So have Usman-Masvidal.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rivera is a solid fighter, but he's still basically a gatekeeper. His losses aren't bad, but he doesn't have any great wins either. His best is probably Munhoz 5 years ago or over-the-hill-one-foot-out-the-door Faber. And you can use the same logic on steroids for Aldo, too. His losses are to Conor, Max, Volkanovski, and Moraes. Moraes is the only one that hasn't been a UFC champ before and many argue he won that fight.

It just kind of has that Moicano-Aldo vibe to me a little bit. Moicano had some impressive wins (arguably more impressive than Yan's) with his only loss to Ortega, but he had never fought anyone on Aldo's level before. People were expecting him to beat Aldo and fight for the belt soon after, but Aldo f***ing lit him up.

I'm not saying I think Aldo is going to win, just that the odds seems a little bit skewed. Although, it looks like they have come closer than the last time I checked. So have Usman-Masvidal.

I bet on Aldo in that Moicano fight

I just feel differently about Yan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad