Bantamweight bout: Aljamain Sterling vs. Cory Sandhagen
Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
Bantamweight bout: Eddie Wineland vs. Sean O'Malley

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN)

Featherweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Chase Hooper
Middleweight bout: Ian Heinisch vs. Gerald Meerschaert
Featherweight bout: Cody Stamann vs. Brian Kelleher
Middleweight bout: Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Flyweight bout: Alex Perez vs. Jussier Formiga
Light Heavyweight bout: Alonzo Menifield vs. Devin Clark
Catchweight (150 lbs) bout: Evan Dunham vs. Herbert Burns​

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Honestly I like every fight on the card

The one I’m least interested in is Byrd vs Pitolo but even then Byrd usually has entertaining fights and Pitolo’s nickname is “Coconut Bombz” which is A+

if Hooper beats Caceres that will be a good sign of things to come, he’s only 20 and while Bruce Leroy has a bunch of losses most of his competition has been in the ufc. He’s a legit tested vet. He’s sneakily been around forever

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's definitely lacking in top end quality, but there's a lot of decent fights here.

I'm not sure what Spencer really has to challenge Nunes. Should be just another night at the office for her.

I don't particularly like Garbrandt, but I'm kind of rooting for him to win. He's more entertaining and throwing him back into the mix could be fun down the line.

I have no idea about Sterling-Sandhagen, but that's the one I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully it really is the title eliminator.

Good to see Magny active after his BS USADA issues.

Good winnable, vet tests for O'Malley and Hooper.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The top prospect that really is getting lost in the shuffle on this card is Alonzo Menifield. He's looked great and is now a bit buried on the early prelims.

Main event is a big zero for me. I haven't seen anything at all from Spencer to think she can hang in this fight and I think Nunes is just going to kill her. Nunes has finishing ability in the first round maybe Spencer is tough enough to hang in there through the first 5 minutes but it's not lasting much longer than that.

Garbrandt v Assuncao is a really well-made fight, though obviously completely out of place as a co-main event. I would like to see Garbrandt bounce back here but I have no idea which way this one goes.

O'Malley, Hooper, and Menifield are the three prospects here who interest me of course and hopefully we see all 3 take a step forward.

Anthony Martin has looked very, very good since moving to 170lbs. I don't know if he beats Magny but it's a perfect test to see whether or not he can be a ranked guy in this division.

I like Sandhagen to beat Sterling, I just think he's much more dynamic as a striker. I like that he's been healthy recently and keeps improving while it seems Sterling has battled injuries a bit.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Menifield throws bombs only, I like watching him fight. Paul Craig tried some submission stuff and got sledge hammered to the land of wind and ghosts

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Not the most exciting name value card but should be solid entertaining fights. So far I probably will go with:

Nunes by a mile
Assuncao
Sandhagen
Magny
O'Malley

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not the most exciting name value card but should be solid entertaining fights. So far I probably will go with:

Nunes by a mile
Assuncao
Sandhagen
Magny
O'Malley

i keep found back and forth on the assuncao/Cody fight but I think I’m leaning Assuncao at the moment

I have the same picks

Reactions: VanillaCoke

member 51464

Cody has the fight IQ of a bag of Doritos, so I find it hard to trust him to do anything but get lucky or be knocked out when he abandons any gameplan and just starts swinging.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Plus it’s tough to trust him coming off of 3 brutal KO’s. Some people don’t come back from that...I think I want to see him win again first before I put money on him

Assuncao can still go- he’s not what he once was but he’s still very dangerous. He beat Masvidal 15 years ago, ppl forget that

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot of good fights on this card and others have covered most of it.

For the main event I just hope Spencer can keep it somewhat competitive. I don't think it'll happen because Nunes is so far ahead with her striking and has improved in other areas where someone like Spencer might've given her some issues a few years back.

My favourite fight on the card is Sterling vs. Sandhagen. Sandhagen is a more advanced and better technical striker so this might be a fight where Sterling has to rely on his grappling more. Sterling has gotten better with his striking so he's probably not going to get lit up but I don't think he can stand with Sandhagen and win a technical fight. I could still see one of them getting jumped in line by Cejudo, Moraes, or Frankie but it'll be hard to deny a title shot with an impressive performance from either one.

member 157595

Cody has the fight IQ of a bag of Doritos, so I find it hard to trust him to do anything but get lucky or be knocked out when he abandons any gameplan and just starts swinging.

If the bag is greasy it fights you with a vengeance.

Reactions: member 51464

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Dont disrespect my doritos like that.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
i keep found back and forth on the assuncao/Cody fight but I think I’m leaning Assuncao at the moment

I have the same picks
Its the 3 straight KOs for CG for me too, if it stays standing he's got a good chance of catching RA too, but I would hope that is obvious and RAs game plan is adjusted accordingly

Going to put a parlay in and a separate small chunk on NUNES by 1st round KO

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
got 1.5k on Hooper @ 1.69 and he's now 1.53

also have a bunch on Perez

Get a dog if you scurred.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It's hard to be confident in Caceres but Hooper has some big time holes in his game from what I've seen. If Bruce Leroy wasn't so awful at defending submissions, I'd be tempted to bet on him. From a standup/athletic standpoint I don't think it's even competitive.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve got Caceres +155. If Hooper gets through a funk, battle-tested striker like him at age 20 then he’s got big things in his future

Herbert Burns/Nunes/O’Malley parlay pays out at almost 1 to 1.....I kinda like that

the other dogs I have are Assuncao/Formiga. Sandhagen is technically a dog too.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm surprised Nunes is only -600 here. Spencer's claim to fame is being on the receiving end of a 15 minute beating from a woman Nunes disposed of in under a minute. This should be more like -1600.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad