GDT: UFC 250: Nunes vs. Spencer

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Chito Vera would be the perfect next opponent for O'Malley. Font is a good option too, wouldn't complain about that.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Aldana had a great KO in her last fight but she's shown nothing else to suggest she's the one who can compete with Nunes.

I think the Holm matchup is great though - if she can go out there and get another win she'll probably be deserving of that next shot.
With a win against Holly, Aldana might be next up, but she would have to smoke Holly for that to get me excited for a title shot.

Yeah, lots of possibilities. It sounds like Aldo/Yan is a go with Sterling up next. Out of the rest of the guys, the only fight I think makes some sense would be the Garbrandt/Cruz rematch. I don't want to throw Garbrandt in there against Moraes quite yet.
Garbrandt-Cruz doesn't do anything for me. The first one wasn't that competitive, Cruz is currently ranked 11th coming off a loss, may or may not ever fight again, and Garbrandt will be ranked top 5 coming off a win.

Cody is a former champion. They shouldn't be protecting him IMO. Put him in there against Moraes and if he wins, he gets a title shot.

Or at the very least, I'd say Sandhagen or the loser of Yan-Aldo. Something like that.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With a win against Holly, Aldana might be next up, but she would have to smoke Holly for that to get me excited for a title shot.

Garbrandt-Cruz doesn't do anything for me. The first one wasn't that competitive, Cruz is currently ranked 11th coming off a loss, may or may not ever fight again, and Garbrandt will be ranked top 5 coming off a win.

Cody is a former champion. They shouldn't be protecting him IMO. Put him in there against Moraes and if he wins, he gets a title shot.

Or at the very least, I'd say Sandhagen or the loser of Yan-Aldo. Something like that.

Agreed about Aldana.

Garbrandt being a former champion years ago is fairly meaningless in terms of where he's at today. I just think putting him against Moraes is setting him up for failure after he's just had this huge comeback win. But it's a tough spot, everyone at the top of the division is tough.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, lots of possibilities. It sounds like Aldo/Yan is a go with Sterling up next. Out of the rest of the guys, the only fight I think makes some sense would be the Garbrandt/Cruz rematch. I don't want to throw Garbrandt in there against Moraes quite yet.

True. I would pick Moraes if that fight was actually made so it might be better to slow play it. Moraes needs a fight against another top fighter though. I saw he was calling out Cruz the other day and that'd be fine but it's hard to say exactly what level Cruz is at these days.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Agreed about Aldana.

Garbrandt being a former champion years ago is fairly meaningless in terms of where he's at today. I just think putting him against Moraes is setting him up for failure after he's just had this huge comeback win. But it's a tough spot, everyone at the top of the division is tough.
It's not setting him up for anything. He's going to be a top 5 guy coming off a win. He should be fighting other top 5 guys. If he loses, that's a bummer for him, but it's good for Moraes. Then Moraes gets the title shot and Garbrandt gets bumped down and can fight someone in Cruz's current position. That's the way this thing (should) works.

Reactions: m9

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I don't have any issue with Nunes. My only complaint is the lack of competition but she can't do anything about that. Unlike someone like DJ is the past, she even went up a weight class and took out Cyborg, who many considered to be the GOAT at the time.
Crossover fight into the men's division :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->