GDT: UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I wouldn’t ever count out Ferguson, even against Khabib. He’s a bad matchup for just about anybody.
Khabib will destroy him. Ferguson's biggest strengths are his pace and pressure. Khabib has the same type of pace and pressure. He's also bigger and stronger. There isn't a person in the world right now at 155 who can answer Khabib's wrestling and ability to maul people when he gets them to the ground.

On a side note I would love to see Ferguson and McGregor as the co-main event along with Khabib/Porier, winner gets the title shot.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He headkicks Tony; Tony drops; does a roll, wraps his legs around Cowboy, rolls over and pulls a D'Arce.
Or he's KO'ed like Jessica Eye just was.

Or he gets wobbled and finished with ground and pound like a similarly durable Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thompson.

Or he just does enough to regroup and win the 3rd round and (if he won the 1st round) he wins the fight. Which is exactly what happened to Cowboy vs. Robbie Lawler in the reverse (Cowboy kicked the shit out of Lawler in the second, but Lawler squeaked out the 1st and 3rd)

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Khabib will destroy him. Ferguson's biggest strengths are his pace and pressure. Khabib has the same type of pace and pressure. He's also bigger and stronger. There isn't a person in the world right now at 155 who can answer Khabib's wrestling and ability to maul people when he gets them to the ground.

On a side note I would love to see Ferguson and McGregor as the co-main event along with Khabib/Porier, winner gets the title shot.
Ferguson's best chance against Khabib is not on his feet actually. He fights close which means Khabib will take him down easily. But something tells me Ferguson will throw sneaky elbows or pull some weird jujitsu shit on him. I still think Khabib wins but Tony has the highest chance of beating him in the entire LW division.

Would love to see McG - Ferguson fight. But it's a terrible matchup for Conor. Also his hand is broken so not sure how soon he can come back. September is coming soon.

Reactions: torero

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Or he gets wobbled and finished with ground and pound like a similarly durable Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thompson.

Or he just does enough to regroup and win the 3rd round and (if he won the 1st round) he wins the fight. Which is exactly what happened to Cowboy vs. Robbie Lawler in the reverse (Cowboy kicked the **** out of Lawler in the second, but Lawler squeaked out the 1st and 3rd)

That 2nd round was 10-8 so even if Cowboy wins R3 it's still a draw.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007

Or he just does enough to regroup and win the 3rd round and (if he won the 1st round) he wins the fight. Which is exactly what happened to Cowboy vs. Robbie Lawler in the reverse (Cowboy kicked the **** out of Lawler in the second, but Lawler squeaked out the 1st and 3rd)
Yes, anything is possible. It's just unlikely at that point in the fight.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Tony's offensive ground game would make that fight very interesting to me. Khabib has taken down and controlled everyone he has fought. Tony wouldn't just sit there and take the punishment or only try to get back to the feet.

member 51464

The magician gets it done. Though I pick him just because Henry is annoying. Haha.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ferguson's best chance against Khabib is not on his feet actually. He fights close which means Khabib will take him down easily. But something tells me Ferguson will throw sneaky elbows or pull some weird jujitsu **** on him. I still think Khabib wins but Tony has the highest chance of beating him in the entire LW division.
Khabib's positioning is too good for him to get submitted. I think Ferguson has a clear advantage in striking so his best chance is to beat up Khabib early and slow him down. I just don't think he is stopping Khabib's take downs. It's an interesting fight but Khabib is just a FN monster.

Would love to see McG - Ferguson fight. But it's a terrible matchup for Conor. Also his arm is broken so not sure how soon he can come back. September is coming soon.
Agreed, if the fight gets past the second or third round Ferguson will wear McGregor out. Good chin or not though the first round or two McGregor can knock him out with the counter left.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Tony's offensive ground game would make that fight very interesting to me. Khabib has taken down and controlled everyone he has fought. Tony wouldn't just sit there and take the punishment or only try to get back to the feet.

True, If Tony survives the first 2 rounds Khabib will slow down then Tony "could" potential take over.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He doesn't have a choice. Khabib is too big and strong and too good of a grappler for anyone at 155.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Cejudo finally closed the distance and done some serious damage.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He doesn't have a choice to do what? Be offensive on the ground?
When he's getting physically dominated and smothered by Khabib, yes he's not going to have a choice but to take his beating like everyone else. Khabib is absolutely relentless from top position and like so many other fighters who get on top and he doesn't just lay on someone. The way Ferguson is relentless and smothers fighters in the stand up game is exactly what Khabib does to people when he takes them down.

When Khabib finally gets beat it's going to be by someone with great take down defense who can keep the fight standing and out strike him. Ferguson is a great fighter but he isn't the guy to dethrone Khabib.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad