GDT: UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier 2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
What a f***ing fight! Big props to Poirier. I thought if he won, he'd have to use his wrestling more, but he did enough just standing with Max.

member 51464

Dustin may be the biggest dog ever in a fight to unify a title. Lol. I'm a fan, but he doesn't have shit for Khabib.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I thought it was better than the Adesanya fight, pretty easily tbh.

Not for me. Adesanya fight swayed back and forth. This one stayed with Poirier, plus the ending just tied up for 2 minutes dropped it a level below.

Reactions: m9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not for me. Adesanya fight swayed back and forth. This one stayed with Poirier, plus the ending just tied up for 2 minutes dropped it a level below.
I think we saw the fights pretty differently.

Gastelum had 2 good moments in the fight with Adesanya, but otherwise Adesanya controlled it and there was way more action in the Poirier/Holloway fight.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think we saw the fights pretty differently.

Gastelum had 2 good moments in the fight with Adesanya, but otherwise Adesanya controlled it and there was way more action in the Poirier/Holloway fight.

yeah, nowhere near fight of the year for me. Hell, not even fight of the night!

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also for what it's worth, if Bobby Knuckles comes back at 100% I think he will destroy Adesanya. Gastelum made Adesanya look uncomfortable going backward with decent pressure. Whittaker is bigger, stronger, a much better wrestler and has an endless gas tank.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad