Date: April 13, 2019
Venue: State Farm Arena
City: Atlanta, Georgia
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Interim Lightweight Championship bout: Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier
Interim Middleweight Championship bout: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya
Light Heavyweight bout: Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
Welterweight bout: Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
Light Heavyweight bout: Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN 5)

Lightweight bout: Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
Flyweight bout: Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
Welterweight bout: Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
Bantamweight bout: Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
Bantamweight bout: Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
Women's Flyweight bout: Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
Bantamweight bout: Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa​

Reactions: td_ice

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Looking forward to the two top fights. I expect Holloway to win quite easily, I think he's on another level.

Not sure what to expect out of Gastelum/Adesanya. Could be a close five round fight.

Card needed a good 3rd fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm really looking forward to this. Holloway is one of the very best fighters in the UFC and is probably at the top of my must watch list now. I can't wait to see how he looks when he's not significantly draining himself just to make it to fight night. The only concern might be how he handles Poirier's power but other than that I think he should be in control in this fight.

Co-main is really good as well. Gastelum still seems to get underrated for how well-rounded of a fighter he is but having said that, I like Adesanya here. He has improved his takedown defense quite a bit since he first got to the UFC (Luke Thomas did a good breakdown of this a month or two ago) and we all know what he can do with his striking. I think his speed, accuracy, and ability to make people miss will give Gastelum some problems. Gastelum's boxing is very good but Adesanya likely won't be standing in range and taking shots like some of his past opponents have.

Anders vs. Rountree isn't a bad fight. I imagine they're going to stand there and just throw bombs, which is probably why it's placed where it is on the PPV.

The OSP vs. Krylov rematch is kinda strange. The first fight was a few years ago but OSP beat him rather easily.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm really looking forward to this. Holloway is one of the very best fighters in the UFC and is probably at the top of my must watch list now. I can't wait to see how he looks when he's not significantly draining himself just to make it to fight night. The only concern might be how he handles Poirier's power but other than that I think he should be in control in this fight.

Co-main is really good as well. Gastelum still seems to get underrated for how well-rounded of a fighter he is but having said that, I like Adesanya here. He has improved his takedown defense quite a bit since he first got to the UFC (Luke Thomas did a good breakdown of this a month or two ago) and we all know what he can do with his striking. I think his speed, accuracy, and ability to make people miss will give Gastelum some problems. Gastelum's boxing is very good but Adesanya likely won't be standing in range and taking shots like some of his past opponents have.

Anders vs. Rountree isn't a bad fight. I imagine they're going to stand there and just throw bombs, which is probably why it's placed where it is on the PPV.

The OSP vs. Krylov rematch is kinda strange. The first fight was a few years ago but OSP beat him rather easily.
I was going to say the same thing. From a pure sport point of view, Max is my #1 must watch. He doesn't bring a circus like Conor. He doesn't have to shit talk. His name's never been involved in PED stuff. He's just an exciting fighter and is at the top of the food chain. I agree with @m9 that the card would look a lot better with a solid 3rd fight, but Max is enough to get me to watch anyway. I think he picks Poirier apart even if he has to eat a shot or 2. I'll guess TKO in the 4th.

I agree about Stylebender as well. Gastelum has the power to KO him, but Stylebender has that reach and more importantly, knows how to use it. I think he gets it done in a unanimous decision.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
There's no way Anders vs. Rountree doesn't end with heavy brain damage for one or both of these guys.

member 51464

Is it just me, or does the Adesanya/Silva fight feel like ages ago rather than 2 months ago? Haha. I was going to say, discounting that exhibition, it had been so long since Israel fought that I was worried. But his fight with Derek Brunson was in November.

Time is weird. I really dislike Gastelum, so I am concerned he is going to make it happen. I hope Israel doesn't get too cute early and get caught.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I was going to say the same thing. From a pure sport point of view, Max is my #1 must watch. He doesn't bring a circus like Conor. He doesn't have to **** talk. His name's never been involved in PED stuff. He's just an exciting fighter and is at the top of the food chain. I agree with @m9 that the card would look a lot better with a solid 3rd fight, but Max is enough to get me to watch anyway. I think he picks Poirier apart even if he has to eat a shot or 2. I'll guess TKO in the 4th.

I agree about Stylebender as well. Gastelum has the power to KO him, but Stylebender has that reach and more importantly, knows how to use it. I think he gets it done in a unanimous decision.

Add me to the list putting Max Holloway as my number 1 must watch. My favourite champion atm for sure.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Everyone seems to be underestimating Poirier. Somehow, I see an upset.
For me, it's not underestimating Poirier. I've talked highly of him in the past and there's a reason he's near the top of one of the best divisions in the sport. I just think Max is that damn good. Max does take some chances, so Poirier could catch him, but at the same time, Max can take a shot when he's draining himself to get to 145. I imagine he'll be even more durable at 155.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
For me, it's not underestimating Poirier. I've talked highly of him in the past and there's a reason he's near the top of one of the best divisions in the sport. I just think Max is that damn good. Max does take some chances, so Poirier could catch him, but at the same time, Max can take a shot when he's draining himself to get to 145. I imagine he'll be even more durable at 155.
My thoughts are the same. Max is just too good and that's no slight towards Poirer.

Reactions: Avs_19

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm surprised Max is only -210. Really like that bet. I'd also take Kelvin at +150. He should be able to control this fight with his wrestling. I think Kelvin was a reasonable favorite over Anderson who didn't get completely outclassed by Adesanya and would be considerably more of a threat off his back.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Everyone made weight and appears to be healthy. Healthy enough to make it to Fight Night anyway. Now just need to cross our fingers that nobody has a hernia like Whittaker or something fluky like that.

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Two good rounds from Jackson.

EDIT: great job by Jackson. Dominated that fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Millender does some fun things on the feet but he's way too stiff and robotic. Poor takedown defense and zero ability from his back don't help either.

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Disappointing to see Turner not use his reach advantage effectively, and allow Frevola to get inside so much.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Respect to Anders for sticking it out the whole fight, but holy f*** did he get his ass kicked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad