UFC 167 GSP vs. Hendricks (UPD Post 774: GSP announces semi-retirement/title forfeit)

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
GSP will destroy Hendricks and everydody will say that Hendricks was overated and to wait until GSP fight xxxxx

every single time

That's what I'm saying. Hendricks is overated because that's the way you promote a fight. The guy doesn't have enough stamina for 5 rounds. Moreover, GSP is better at everything.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's what I'm saying. Hendricks is overated because that's the way you promote a fight. The guy doesn't have enough stamina for 5 rounds. Moreover, GSP is better at everything.

Who talks about Hendricks going 5 rounds? It won't last that long.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Hendricks has power in both hands. What people have to understand is that Hendricks is still a young fighter in terms of experience, he picked the sport after he graduated from college/university. So no **** his BJJ is gonna look like **** compared to a guy like Hendricks (Condit has better BJJ than GSP imo). Knocking out top 5 fighters in your division should not be overlooked no matter how you twist it. He got tired against Pierce and Koscheck but those guys are a pain in the ass to fight in a 15 minute fight. He's worked on his cardio for this fight to not gas out like those fights. Hendricks with his wrestling is more than a 'one trick pony'. If he was one, Condit would have beat him easily.

Condit would have won a 5 round fight easily which this is. So Hendricks struggled with Koscheck (who GSP has picked to shreds twice) and Pierce cause they are a pain the ass to fight? GSP will be twice as hard to fight. And Hendricks is a one trick pony against GSP. The power punch is all he has, thats it.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Who talks about Hendricks going 5 rounds? It won't last that long.

images

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
I'm not a fanboy, i"m a fan of the sport and martial arts period.

I'm predicting a convincing win by GSP. You can't predict what he will do beside that he'll try to use the opponent's biggest weakness as a tool to win since GSP has practically no weakness. Wrestling, GNP, guard passing is what GSP usually uses to win fights, not because he wants to be boring or that he's one dimensional but that is usually the weakest link in his opponent (the wrestling).

I'm predicting, GSP keeps things upright for a while, gains confidence when Hendrick's punches don't land and win by TKO or Submission after strikes.

Condit was a more well rounded fighter and couldn't finish GSP when he had tons of ring Rust.

Condit Vs Hendricks was close and I liked how Condit Fared (at his punches, was active as hell from his back). If Hendricks tries to take GSP down (possible,hard), he won't do much damage from the bottom as was shown by the Condit fight (while GSP being light-years- ahead in BJJ).

Bottom line, Hendricks has a puncher's luck. He can totally win, but betting against the champion at his prime is usually a bad call.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not a fanboy, i"m a fan of the sport and martial arts period.

I'm predicting a convincing win by GSP. You can't predict what he will do beside that he'll try to use the opponent's biggest weakness as a tool to win since GSP has practically no weakness. Wrestling, GNP, guard passing is what GSP usually uses to win fights, not because he wants to be boring or that he's one dimensional but that is usually the weakest link in his opponent (the wrestling).

I'm predicting, GSP keeps things upright for a while, gains confidence when Hendrick's punches don't land and win by TKO or Submission after strikes.

Condit was a more well rounded fighter and couldn't finish GSP when he had tons of ring Rust.

Condit Vs Hendricks was close and I liked how Condit Fared (at his punches, was active as hell from his back). If Hendricks tries to take GSP down (possible,hard), he won't do much damage from the bottom as was shown by the Condit fight (while GSP being light-years- ahead in BJJ).

Bottom line, Hendricks has a puncher's luck. He can totally win, but betting against the champion at his prime is usually a bad call.
The thing is, Condit has a much better chin than GSP, if Hendricks lands the same shots that he did in that fight it will be over before anyone can say G-S-P.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
The thing is, Condit has a much better chin than GSP, if Hendricks lands the same shots that he did in that fight it will be over before anyone can say G-S-P.

Why does everyone think GSP has a weak chin? Condit booted him in the head and landed several head shots on the ground and couldn't finish him. Just because he rarely gets hit hard doesn't mean he has a weak chin

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I'm surprised to hear Hendricks walks around at 225. He gets down a lot of weight, and that's a big guy for 5'9"

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why does everyone think GSP has a weak chin? Condit booted him in the head and landed several head shots on the ground and couldn't finish him. Just because he rarely gets hit hard doesn't mean he has a weak chin

It's not just because of the Condit fight, look at the whole sequence when he lost to Serra.

Those who think Hendricks is a one trick pony à la Dan Hardy or Josh Koscheck are delusional.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
It's not just because of the Condit fight, look at the whole sequence when he lost to Serra.

Those who think Hendricks is a one trick pony à la Dan Hardy or Josh Koscheck are delusional.

The fight lasted 3 rounds, Hendricks was gazed and couldnt even finish Condit ...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Every GSP fight is like a Habs playoffs OT for me.

Pretty much the exact same feeling.

The only way Hendricks could win is by KO in round 1 or 2 IMO but I highly doubt he will be able to reach GSP.

You're not alone. It's not even me who is fighting and i'm nervous as hell :laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The fight lasted 3 rounds, Hendricks was gazed and couldnt even finish Condit ...

You see what you want to see. If that was Georges instead of Condit in the first round, the fight would have been done. If Hendricks lands one of those bombs on St-Pierre, GSP won't remember where he is.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
You see what you want to see. If that was Georges instead of Condit in the first round, the fight would have been done. If Hendricks lands one of those bombs on St-Pierre, GSP won't remember where he is.

Come on man,

Why am I hearing the same thing over and over about GSP, yet, he still makes his win so easy.

You're talking like GSP is a newcomer, he's seen better fighter than Hendricks trust me.

I think you see what you want to see, a one punch guy who you think is gonna beat a 7 time champ ?

But it's cute to compare Condit and GSP.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Come on man,

Why am I hearing the same thing over and over about GSP, yet, he still makes his win so easy.

You're talking like GSP is a newcomer, he's seen better fighter than Hendricks trust me.

I think you see what you want to see, a one punch guy who you think is gonna beat a 7 time champ ?

But it's cute to compare Condit and GSP.
The reason why Condit lost was his takedown defense... We saw that Hendricks can go toe to toe with him on the feet and he has MUCH better wrestling than the Natural Born Killer. I've been following MMA for a while now (not as religiously as hockey but pretty close), who has GSP faced (other than Condit) since Hughes that was a real threat? Hendricks is his best opponent in a LONG time. They say that after every fighter, but it's purely for marketing purposes, this time it's different. Shields and Diaz did not deserve their title shots, Condit came close to finishing him and put a hell of a fight with GSP. Koscheck gave the illusion of having some knockout power but the people he beat before facing Georges was unimpressive. Dan Hardy was a joke and GSP couldn't even finish him (although props to Hardy for not tapping out on that Kimura).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad