UFC 167 GSP vs. Hendricks (UPD Post 774: GSP announces semi-retirement/title forfeit)

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
GSP will destroy Hendricks and everydody will say that Hendricks was overated and to wait until GSP fight xxxxx

every single time

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
You're underestimating Hendricks. Love GSP but this isn't going to be easy. Hendricks is Condit with better wrestling and knockout power.

No he's great, I think people are underestimating GSP and the fact that for almost 7 years now he's been dominating every fighter the world could offer cleanly and posting utterly amazing stats.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
planning on going to station sport or pj pub to watch this...for those who watched a gsp fight from either place, how early do you recommend that I get there?

Last time we arrived at 19:30 and we were the last who got tables. They show the fight at Les Amazones across from the parking tho if there is no more room ;)

Concerning all the boring comments, you have to take into account that fighters fight very conservatively against St-Pierre.

**** the haters, GSP will eat Hendricks' heart for lunch.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Find it pretty interesting that GSP took the southpaw stance in the pose after the weigh-in. The analysts at the Fight Network predicted that GSP may fight southpaw style a bit against Hendricks.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
GSP will destroy Hendricks and everydody will say that Hendricks was overated and to wait until GSP fight xxxxx

every single time

The UFC does a good job making us all believe that his opponent is the next one and then GSP makes him look like a stooge in the cage. I dont think tonight will be any different.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Every GSP fight is like a Habs playoffs OT for me.

Pretty much the exact same feeling.

The only way Hendricks could win is by KO in round 1 or 2 IMO but I highly doubt he will be able to reach GSP.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
you guys think we will see a more stand up performance from GSP? People think GSP isnt very good standing up, but it's so untrue...he HAS faced power punchers before and he did very good. Just watch his rematch vs Matt Hughes, who was one of the fiercest hitter back then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsucLv7D6jQ

He completely out boxed him. I think we've seen more ground and pound from St-Pierre because he is using his most comfortable strategy against very very good fighters.

Also, Hendricks might win, in my opinion, only if he lands that fearful left hand. But I doubt GSP will lose to that. GSP has such a more impressive pedigree than Hendricks, he's better in every aspect minus one : the one punch power. Wich should not be a problem knowing how well prepared he is.

GSP by submission in the 4th round

Really, Matt Hughes? Has never KO'd anybody in his career, OK, maybe once. Hughes was strong bc he was a wrestler, but he was not fierce hitter. Koscheck, Alves, Hardy were all much better than Hughes in the striking department.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The same Condit that couldnt do **** to a guy that spent 18 months in rehabilitation from a torn ACL?

Rofl

Yeah the same guy with inferior stand-up than Hendricks who almost finished GSP...

Hendricks has Knockout Power in both hands (Kampmann and Fitch agree). He landed some big shots against Condit (something GSP didn't do during their fight). The question in this fight is who's wrestling is better, we all know how good Hendricks was in college. If the fight goes to championship rounds then GSP wins, no doubt. I'm curious by the outcome of tonight's fight.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hendricks by KO. GSP announces his retirement. There's just no other possibilities. Hendricks is too strong. Time for the UFC to move in another direction.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Yeah the same guy with inferior stand-up than Hendricks who almost finished GSP...

Hendricks has Knockout Power in both hands (Kampmann and Fitch agree). He landed some big shots against Condit (something GSP didn't do during their fight). The question in this fight is who's wrestling is better, we all know how good Hendricks was in college. If the fight goes to championship rounds then GSP wins, no doubt. I'm curious by the outcome of tonight's fight.

It was Hendricks wrestling that beat Condit and when he took him down he really didn't do much. His ground game is awful. GSP is way more technical then Condit, what is hendricks going to do if he can't get his left hand in? Attepmt a take down?

Hendricks really has to go balls out right away and hope he lands the left if he doesn't its all over. GSP could get caught but he is way to smart to get beaten by a one trick pony.

If you look back at Hendricks other fights he has gone the distance with good wrestlers and gets tired. That and the guys he KO'd are not the most impressive fighters.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval

GSP landed some real good lefts / rights and he landed a lot of jabs.

of course GSP doesnt have Hendricks punch but still, GSP was all over Condit defense on that fight.

Hendricks is gonna go all out, which will be GSP task to take him to the canvas and just ground and pound him till past the 2nd round and he will win.

People are putting too much weight into Hendricks punch ... GSP isnt a 7 times in a row champ because of luck, he knows exactly whats the strengh / weakness of his opponents.

Hendricks is gonna get wrecked on the ground so bad with GSP ju-jitsu

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It was Hendricks wrestling that beat Condit and when he took him down he really didn't do much. His ground game is awful. GSP is way more technical then Condit, what is hendricks going to do if he can't get his left hand in? Attepmt a take down?

Hendricks really has to go balls out right away and hope he lands the left if he doesn't its all over. GSP could get caught but he is way to smart to get beaten by a one trick pony.

If you look back at Hendricks other fights he has gone the distance with good wrestlers and gets tired. That and the guys he KO'd are not the most impressive fighters.
Hendricks has power in both hands. What people have to understand is that Hendricks is still a young fighter in terms of experience, he picked the sport after he graduated from college/university. So no **** his BJJ is gonna look like **** compared to a guy like Hendricks (Condit has better BJJ than GSP imo). Knocking out top 5 fighters in your division should not be overlooked no matter how you twist it. He got tired against Pierce and Koscheck but those guys are a pain in the ass to fight in a 15 minute fight. He's worked on his cardio for this fight to not gas out like those fights. Hendricks with his wrestling is more than a 'one trick pony'. If he was one, Condit would have beat him easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad