UFC 167 GSP vs. Hendricks (UPD Post 774: GSP announces semi-retirement/title forfeit)

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Who do u think is gonna win? It's the first time in forever that I hear that most people think GSP will lose.
GSPHabs_zps305c5891.jpg

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Gsp should win but if hendricks catches him with even one punch george is going out, I would expect george to just keep him at distance and jab him to death, hendricks will get tired around the 3rd round george will sneak in a few take downs and win a 5 round decision

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
you guys think we will see a more stand up performance from GSP? People think GSP isnt very good standing up, but it's so untrue...he HAS faced power punchers before and he did very good. Just watch his rematch vs Matt Hughes, who was one of the fiercest hitter back then : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsucLv7D6jQ

He completely out boxed him. I think we've seen more ground and pound from St-Pierre because he is using his most comfortable strategy against very very good fighters.

Also, Hendricks might win, in my opinion, only if he lands that fearful left hand. But I doubt GSP will lose to that. GSP has such a more impressive pedigree than Hendricks, he's better in every aspect minus one : the one punch power. Wich should not be a problem knowing how well prepared he is.

GSP by submission in the 4th round

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I liked Hendricks up until his fight against Condit. I thought Condit deserved it more.

Then there's all that crap that spewed out of Hendricks' mouth vs GSP. All the drug testing things and then being on the defensive when GSP called his bluff.

I hope GSP disfigures him, one jab at a time if that's what needs to be done. GSP should fight smart and win it.

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
Also the question that's burning my tongue, are there any expert here who knows if GSP can absorb that left hand? Condit did...can GSP's chin be comparable to condit's?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Also the question that's burning my tongue, are there any expert here who knows if GSP can absorb that left hand? Condit did...can GSP's chin be comparable to condit's?

It's probably gonna be a matter of avoiding it rather than absorbing it.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I've rewatched some of the last GSP and Hendricks fights. IMO, Hendricks' weakness lies in his grappling. He can take anyone down, but couldn't do anything on the ground against top fighters such as Koscheck and Condit.

GSP's stand up defense is amazing. He made a high volume striker like Condit land only 2 significant kick (one that hurt GSP because the kick changed trajectory; something Hendricks doesn't have) on the standup. That's also while pushing the pace forward and not running backward. GSP will most likely make Hendricks frustrating by having him miss a lot.

Personally, out of any opponents GSP has had, Hendricks may be the most dangerous due to his left hand, but he's also the most finish-able for GSP via Submission due to him possibly being a weaker grappler than some of GSP's previous opponents.

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
It's probably gonna be a matter of avoiding it rather than absorbing it.

Yes :laugh: but if he cant avoid it, say once or twice, will his stamina be comparable to condit's. I was wondering so because Condit never got KO'ed in his career, I was wondering if gsp, in the event where Hendricks connects, will be able to absorb...

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Hope I'll be back home in time for the fight.

My two favorites are fighting eachother, it's going to be exciting !

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
They always hype the guy fighting against GSP until people forget how strong and how great GSP's endurance is. He's going to throw jabs from outside Hendrick's reach, a couple of leg kicks, keep circling until Hendricks gets impatient, then he'll shoot for a takedown and win by decision. Hendricks will get tired trying to defend himself on the ground and there wont be much power in his punches in the later rounds.

This strategy is known as: What GSP does every fight. :laugh:

Should be a good fight card though, I'm looking forward to it :handclap:

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
Wether GSP wins or lose, I want to see a Silva vs GSP fight in the near future. GSP has great chances vs Silva. Then he can retire...:)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Hendricks didn't appear to have the necessary stamina vs Condit to face GSP. All GSP has to do is make him waste his breath for 2 rounds and then bring him down. I predict a boring fight due to this.

Lightthrower

I've rewatched some of the last GSP and Hendricks fights. IMO, Hendricks' weakness lies in his grappling. He can take anyone down, but couldn't do anything on the ground against top fighters such as Koscheck and Condit.

GSP's stand up defense is amazing. He made a high volume striker like Condit land only 2 significant kick (one that hurt GSP because the kick changed trajectory; something Hendricks doesn't have) on the standup. That's also while pushing the pace forward and not running backward. GSP will most likely make Hendricks frustrating by having him miss a lot.

Personally, out of any opponents GSP has had, Hendricks may be the most dangerous due to his left hand, but he's also the most finish-able for GSP via Submission due to him possibly being a weaker grappler than some of GSP's previous opponents.

Onepunch man! YEAH!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad