Proposal: UFA or Trade for D-man

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funny but if Roslovic had one solid NHL season under his belt I think there might be a deal around Roslovic for Murray.

So as we head into free agency I really want us to get a deal done for one of the top 2 goalies (Elliott or Mason) and I really "don't" want us to sign Alzner to a long term big money deal (Still can't see Chevy winning a bidding war on this asset).

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Funny but if Roslovic had one solid NHL season under his belt I think there might be a deal around Roslovic for Murray.

So as we head into free agency I really want us to get a deal done for one of the top 2 goalies (Elliott or Mason) and I really "don't" want us to sign Alzner to a long term big money deal (Still can't see Chevy winning a bidding war on this asset).

I agree. Someone will pay more for Alzner then we will.

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
I was all excited for a minute...because there was then no chance that we would sign him.

Then I remembered that Orlov is not Alzner.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
He is good but not sure about 5.1M good? I guess it is buying up 5 UFA years and 5.1 is a definite discount for him in that realm

It's a little pricy, but I would much rather overpay a little bit for Orlov than a lot for Alzner.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He is good but not sure about 5.1M good? I guess it is buying up 5 UFA years and 5.1 is a definite discount for him in that realm

Statistically...he's probably a 3M$ defenseman at best. You'd need a TON of intangibles to make up the rest ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
How much does this board blow up if July 1st comes and goes and Elliott and Mason sign elsewhere and the Jets don't sign anybody?

I don't think that will happen but it seems possible.
That would be a big disappointment for Canada 150!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I made a few graphs comparing the UFAs to Stuart:
DDlxuy3UAAAaVha.jpg

DDlw4bqV0AAO0WI.jpg

DDlvv_7VYAEQTMC.jpg

DDlsf9nUwAAYQZv.jpg

Careful, I was lazy so the minimum of the x-axis moves.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Hey, I thought I was taking chart responsibilities since you supposedly left! :sarcasm:

If Flames sign Stone, that marks about the third time that the actions of another team has stopped the Jets making a bad one.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Hey, I thought I was taking chart responsibilities since you supposedly left! :sarcasm:

If Flames sign Stone, that marks about the third time that the actions of another team has stopped the Jets making a bad one.

You mean you're not really Garret using a different account? :sarcasm:

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Jets only have 11 D under contract for Moose and Jets so far. Id expect some D signings tomorrow.

It wouldn't shock me if Chevy signs 3 defensemen in free agency (1 NHL player, 1 depth/fringe player, and 1 AHL player). Hopefully they sign one of the depth guys first. This place will melt down. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Stop gaps improve the team, making them competitive.

Being competitive puts the Jets in a marginally less disadvantageous place for future acquisitions.

That's a little oblique. Trade higher draft pick for more willing trade/FA targets.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Is it just me or has there not been a peep about Brian Campbell? He only made $1.5m last year. I'd honestly be fine with Chevy throwing $3-4m for 1 year at him.

Del Zotto is the other player that I haven't heard much about except for the Vancouver rumour...

I'd be on cloud 9 landing either of those guys. If gives me faint hope that things are so quiet given that the Jets seem to have the most tight-lipped front office in the league.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pretty sure jets, and pretty sure alot

Another Dman who seems to be rated by where he was drafted instead of by his performance. He has not been good enough to be worth a lot. You might pay for potential but he is getting worse by the year, not better. That doesn't suggest he will ever live up to expectations.

Don't want.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Please NO.

tq0NTsp.jpg
[/IMG]

He exceeds Chiarot only in TOI. Notice the trends in the lower chart.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Is it just me or has there not been a peep about Brian Campbell? He only made $1.5m last year. I'd honestly be fine with Chevy throwing $3-4m for 1 year at him.

Del Zotto is the other player that I haven't heard much about except for the Vancouver rumour...

I'd be on cloud 9 landing either of those guys. If gives me faint hope that things are so quiet given that the Jets seem to have the most tight-lipped front office in the league.

Campbell would be the dogs bollocks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad