Euro: UEFA U-21 in Poland 2017

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What the f*** was that lineup? Bringing Philipp on was a good idea, but taking Dahoud off with Haberer coming on instead of Amiri? That's beyond re****ed. Also, Weiser should've played at RB with Philipp on the RW; and Jung? Why? He's terrible. Kehrer may be inexperienced but he or Anton are clearly better options than Gideon f***in Jung.

I swear this coach is trying to make it harder on the kids than it needs to be.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Unless he signed a new contract Ceballos release clause is only £13m.

Gonna be a nice player for some club with no Catalans or Basques.

What the f*** was that lineup? Bringing Philipp on was a good idea, but taking Dahoud off with Haberer coming on instead of Amiri? That's beyond re****ed. Also, Weiser should've played at RB with Philipp on the RW; and Jung? Why? He's terrible. Kehrer may be inexperienced but he or Anton are clearly better options than Gideon f***in Jung.

I swear this coach is trying to make it harder on the kids than it needs to be.

Yeah, they really haven't impressed as a team this tournament. With many of the best eligible players at the Confed Cup vs. a pretty much fully stacked Spain, I think they are a pretty clear underdog.

Atelti can't sell this window but when they can Barca get first option.

Saul-verrati
busi

meh

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Do Barcelona have 150 million to afford Saul and Verratti? Or the ability to negotiate either of those deals? For obvious reasons I have my doubts.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It would bring Barca back to the top. I mean they're all beasts defensively and Saul/Verrarti can provide offence.

I think you exaggerate how depressed his offense is by playing for Simeone. I wouldn't count on offense from a guy who scored 8 total goals all season playing full-time.

Saul is a very good player but there are a number of areas where he is not exactly a top player or worth breaking the bank for because he occasionally scores a total golazo if you're Barca.

I always loved Saul I'm actually surprise that he is just now finally getting recognition.

He has had recognition for a while actually. Someone on here started a thread asking "How good is Saul Niguez?" a couple years ago and ever since then people talk about him as an elite midfielder.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Do Barcelona have 150 million to afford Saul and Verratti? Or the ability to negotiate either of those deals? For obvious reasons I have my doubts.

It would be in different windows. As for ability I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I always loved Saul I'm actually surprise that he is just now finally getting recognition.

I remember when we discussed him a couple of years ago. Can say I'm definitely wrong on him. Thought he was average now I haven't watched the U21 but the past 1.5-2 years he's clearly a class midfielder.

I think you exaggerate how depressed his offense is by playing for Simeone. I wouldn't count on offense from a guy who scored 8 total goals all season playing full-time.

Saul is a very good player but there are a number of areas where he is not exactly a top player or worth breaking the bank for because he occasionally scores a total golazo if you're Barca.

He's scoring at a similar clip to Xavi. You don't judge midfielders based on goals scored. They offence they provide as to be analyzed by watching the games not stats. I mean how many assists are Iniesta/Xavi are credited for? Guys like Navas provide more assets if you go based on just numbers.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It would be in different windows. As for ability I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Just look at who their board goes to buy in addition to this tapping up accusation. As well as who they let leave.

For obvious reasons I have my doubts that Barcelona's board and negotiators are remotely capable of one such transfer let alone two.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's scoring at a similar clip to Xavi. You don't judge midfielders based on goals scored. They offence they provide as to be analyzed by watching the games not stats. I mean how many assists are Iniesta/Xavi are credited for? Guys like Navas provide more assets if you go based on just numbers.

That's pretty much my point. Now he's getting all the hype after this game BECAUSE he scored those goals. No one would ever point to Xavi's scoring contribution as the reason for his greatness and he's nowhere close to Xavi level in other areas. Sure, few mids ever are, but from watching his all-around game, he does have some deficiencies that limit his potential compared to other midfielders his same age. Specifically his passing is suspect sometimes, and his ability to control the game strategically is nowhere close to best in the world level. If I were Barca, I'd be willing to pay a huge fee for Verratti. Not for Saul.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just look at who their board goes to buy in addition to this tapping up accusation. As well as who they let leave.

For obvious reasons I have my doubts that Barcelona's board and negotiators are remotely capable of one such transfer let alone two.

I hate this board as much as the next guy but Bart did manage to secure the likes of Suarez. Also he might not be in charge for much longer. Who knows though.

That's pretty much my point. Now he's getting all the hype after this game BECAUSE he scored those goals. No one would ever point to Xavi's scoring contribution as the reason for his greatness and he's nowhere close to Xavi level in other areas. Sure, few mids ever are, but from watching his all-around game, he does have some deficiencies that limit his potential compared to other midfielders his same age. Specifically his passing is suspect sometimes, and his ability to control the game strategically is nowhere close to best in the world level. If I were Barca, I'd be willing to pay a huge fee for Verratti. Not for Saul.

Well haven't watched the game nor his goals but this always happens a player scores on the big stage then the hype is unleashed however, his class has been proven over the past year or so.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well haven't watched the game nor his goals but this always happens a player scores on the big stage then the hype is unleashed however, his class has been proven over the past year or so.

He has proven himself. But nowhere near the quality of Busquets or Verratti.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not yet, but maybe pretty soon.

I would say Saul's the best player there at this moment and Asensio has the most potential. But those three players are better than any other player brought to this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad