Euro: UEFA U-21 in Poland 2017

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Czechs didn't look too horrible but Germany still handled them pretty convincingly 2-0

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Poland with another hot start and a ref giving some home field advantage but just like Slovakia we are clearly better than them. Victory first, but hoping we can add a few more.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was hoping they would bring him on at HT. We weren't playing well even though we were up 1-0 at that time.

I haven't watched any of the u21s yet; but he was very impressive for BMG down the stretch. I can't imagine you have many midfielders; even at older ages; with his understanding of possession play and how to elegantly undo pressing with skill as well as grittiness.

How did he look when he came on?

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I haven't watched any of the u21s yet; but he was very impressive for BMG down the stretch. I can't imagine you have many midfielders; even at older ages; with his understanding of possession play and how to elegantly undo pressing with skill as well as grittiness.

How did he look when he came on?

He tried to make things happen, I thought he looked quite good. He wasn't in the team during qualifying, that might be one of the reasons why he isn't in the starting 11.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Poland showed good poise in the last 20 and deserved the point. Props to Swedish fans who completely took over Lublin, they were one of the highlights of the match.

Dawidowicz is the disappointment of the tournament for Poland and Bielik should take his place against England, also it would be nice to see how Dragowski would fare in goal.

I liked what I saw from Stepinski and Kownacki, Kowna is as good as advertised, he could have been a difference maker against Slovakia had he not been suspended.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Fantastic goal for the Czechs. About to win 3-1 vs Italy. Italy now have to win against Germany to advance.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Ya Portugal didnt play poorly, we had more shots than them and 60 % possession, hit the post, but Saul and Acensio just made the difference at this level.

Bayern destroyed Sanches, his energy, penetrating play, ability to absolutely beat players to a 50/50 ball, his power...its nowhere to be seen. He lacks so much confidence now.

Bruma with a great goal, he has to start. Absolutely torched Bellirin a few times.

Cancelo was superb. Great rightback.

But Spain has too much experience, they take their chances with composure and have this assured nature in their play.

Stil, with the Czechs winning it gives us a great chance to finish as the best runners up if we smash Macedonia.

Missing Ruben Semedo and Bruno Fernandes will be tough but we should have enough quality to score 2/3

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Bayern destroyed Sanches, his energy, penetrating play, ability to absolutely beat players to a 50/50 ball, his power...its nowhere to be seen. He lacks so much confidence now.

Rotting away on the bench will do that. He was no where near ready to play for a team like Bayern.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011

Many young players destroy themselves. They follow the big money to early instead of playing for a club where they get gametime and confidence.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Helps that he was pretty overrated to begin with

He was never the player the player worth the money they paid him for but the things he showcased for Benfica against Bayern in the Champions League for example were nowhere to be seen yesterday.

He almost looked like Andre Gomes:(:shakehead

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He was never the player the player worth the money they paid him for but the things he showcased for Benfica against Bayern in the Champions League for example were nowhere to be seen yesterday.

He almost looked like Andre Gomes:(:shakehead

He was and remains unsuited to playing for a team that has possession most of the time and needs to break down opposing defenses. It was honestly such a dumb move from Bayern.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I feel for the slovaks.. they've been dynamite so far. England not that impressive. Nice to see Czechs shaking it up. That's without 3 of their starting midfielders.. Still think Portugal will advance ahead of them considering they play Macedonia next. Germany takes the tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad