Ajax-Young Boys
Kyiv-Villarreal
Roma-Shakhtar
Olympiacos-Arsenal
Dinamo-Spurs
ManU-Milan
Prague-Rangers
Granada-Molde

You could tell that Yakin doing the draw had a watch sponsor as he made it clear on each draw that his watch was fully on camera :)

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
R16 Draw

Ajax (NED) v Young Boys (SUI)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) v Villarreal (ESP)
Roma (ITA) v Shakhtar (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Arsenal (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v Tottenham (ENG)
Man. United (ENG) v Milan (ITA)
Slavia Prague (CZE) v Rangers (SCO)
Granada (ESP) v Molde (NOR)

Ajax vs Bosz would have been fun, too bad Leverkusen choked hard

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I really like Milan under Pioli, and love Zlatan, so I hope they win. I do think United will ease past Milan comfortably though. Milan are great tactically but the difference in player quality between the two teams is huge.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I like it. No sense in rooting for shit draws if you’re already in Europa.

haven’t seen United-Milan since 2010 CL.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
We would draw Milan :laugh: some tough draws in cup ties recently, but to be honest, if this team wants to shed the label of not getting over the hump against stronger competition for cups, this kind of forces their hand to play up to speed by having great teams in early stages. This season has been a tale of two teams for United, so should be interesting to see which version shows up. Definitely a great tie from a neutral standpoint.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
R16 Draw

Ajax (NED) v Young Boys (SUI)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) v Villarreal (ESP)
Roma (ITA) v Shakhtar (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Arsenal (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) v Tottenham (ENG)
Man. United (ENG)
v Milan (ITA)
Slavia Prague (CZE) v Rangers (SCO)
Granada (ESP)
v Molde (NOR)

Ajax vs Bosz would have been fun, too bad Leverkusen choked hard

This is a fun draw! Slavia-Rangers could be fun and tight.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
After seeing Kiev twice now, and after watching Shakhtar beat Madrid twice in the CL this season I have no idea how Kiev are ahead of Shakhtar in their league.

It's hard to get a grasp of Kiev. Especially because twice I've watched a decimated Brugge being the better team against a fully healthy Kiev lineup. Also because I've seen Kiev play Gent in the CL qualifying round in September, Gent (who are terrible this season) had, no kidding, what felt like a million wide open chances yet Kiev won that game 3-0 :huh: It's basically a team that always seems to barely survive at one end, then makes the most of their few chances on the other. Sure, that's a quality, but it always feels incredibly disappointing for the losing team. Especially now after losing almost your entire forward group to COVID.

I can handle a 5-0 loss to PSG or United, but a loss like the one against Kiev feels very unjust. Especially when I see which teams have qualified for the next round I think a healthy Brugge (who were on a great run lately) could have made a nice run.

I do hope Kiev draw United and get destroyed though. Yeah I'm salty
Shakhtar should win the Ukrainian League by some margin when all is said and done but it's football you never know. The Roma-Shakhtar tie should be fun.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
They almost did, they were shaky in both legs, and getting dominated even by 10-men CZ who had a player sent off in both games. Unless they drastically improve, they will be destroyed by Man Utd.

Should really be a no contest, Milan can't lose more ground in Serie A. They seem back to earth and it also seems to me that they have run out of luck. Sunday in Rome will be a very important match for the two teams.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
For United-Milan tomorrow, most of the offense for both clubs are out.

Pogba, vDb, Rashford are out. Cavani is doubtful.

Zlatan, Rebic, Calhanoglu, and Mandzukic are out. Along with Theo Hernandez.

0-0 is currently sitting at 12-1.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
For United-Milan tomorrow, most of the offense for both clubs are out.

Pogba, vDb, Rashford are out. Cavani is doubtful.

Zlatan, Rebic, Calhanoglu, and Mandzukic are out. Along with Theo Hernandez.

0-0 is currently sitting at 12-1.

United also coming off the high of the win against City which usually means a trash performance the next game.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I sure hope they had access to another angle because the ones that have been shown on my feed do not look like a hand ball...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad