UEFA EURO 2016 - Final Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
http://alltime11.uefa.com/en

I chose a 4-4-2 formation only because they had Rijkaard listed as a defender, but it's actually a 3-5-2.

Buffon
Maldini - Beckenbauer - Facchetti
Rijkaard ----- Pirlo
Gullit ----- Platini ----- Iniesta
van Basten ----- Henry​

Some of the options are interesting, but just fun none-the-less.

Marco Van Basten :handclap:

Is this list based on past Euro performances?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My team was just based on the players themselves, not necessarily how they performed at the Euros.

Not really sure how they derived their list. I didn't look into it.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Great guy.

As for the EURO, our goalkeeper, midfield and forwards look good, but our D is oh boy. I also fully expect Čačić to leave Vrsaljko on the bench in favor of Srna.

And the squad for the March friendlies doesn't have a single left back on the squad. Of course Schildenfeld returns despite playing only 3-4 matches this season, with all respect to him. I seriously hope the reason why the likes of Jedvaj/Pasalic weren't called up was because of the U21 fixtures which are more important, because Schifo and Antolic....:laugh: My hope is Antolic is another Milovic/Caktas, give him a cap so he can get sold to some random team in Russia, if he makes Euros then I will be pissed, despite the fact he won't feature anyway

Not that I mind because I don't rate him, but slightly surprised not to see Cop called up, he's playing regularly at Malaga and is even scoring a bit. He did get a stupid red card in qualifying but I doubt that's the reason. Also no Kramaric for now but I guess they want him to stay with Hoffenheim

My guess is the squad Cacic called up for these friendlies will be the one for Euro + Jedvaj, Kramaric and probably another Dinamo player :)sarcasm:). Antolic hopefully drops out for Pasalic/Radosevic/Mocinic. If you're gonna call up a Dinamo midfielder at least let it be Rog

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
France going from one of the all-time great kits to this...

france-euro-2016-kit-2.jpg

England's aren't much better.

england-euro-2016-kit-2.jpg

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ngolo Kanté finally called up.

EDIT :
- No Kurzawa ( :facepalm: )
- Mathieu instead of Laporte :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Sissoko called up once again :cry:
- Cabaye called up again :shakehead
- Gignac called up :laugh:
- Payet back :nod:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As I predicted, no Ben Arfa. DD gave him a few piss poor minutes just to be sure he wasn't blamed for not trying.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Drinkwater called up by England in a squad with relatively few surprises, not that I follow England closely but it amazes me how Welbeck is still in the squad, my guess he drops out if Rooney is fit, though if Sturridge gets injured again he might be in the squad for Euros :laugh:

btw, looking at some of the names the fans on twitter are being upset about not being called up (Noble, Cresswell, Antonio, Lennon, Rashford) shows how little depth they have

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I'm not currently checking my twitter, but I'd figure people are pissed off about those ones (especially Antonio, Lennon, and Rashford) simply by virtue of current form. I also have seen a lot of people on Twitter incredibly scared of Rashford being in the Euro squad.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Welbeck deserves to be in, he's got a good record for England, 14 goals in 33 games. Walcott shouldn't. Good to see Rose and Drinkwater given a chance.

Rashford's in the u20 squad. No point taking him to the Euros.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ngolo Kanté finally called up.

EDIT :
- No Kurzawa ( :facepalm: )
- Mathieu instead of Laporte :facepalm: :facepalm:
- Sissoko called up once again :cry:
- Cabaye called up again :shakehead
- Gignac called up :laugh:
- Payet back :nod:

I'm personally not a big Mathieu fan at all, but perhaps a tactical decision considering Mathieu's pace and versatility. I can see it going either way based on current form. Kurzawa is a shock though.

Laporte really hasn't been so good as to warrant some of the praise he gets. He looks good considering his age, but he's not consistent enough if you ask me. Of course playing at Atleti can leave him exposed at times.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So Nike are starting to release their kits (France, England, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia and Poland). At first it seemed they were going to use the same template for all nations but they actually put some effort in for Turkey and Croatia and deviated from it a bit

Really like France's home kit, their away kit however looks like a cheap replica jersey

france-euro-2016-kit-3.jpg
france-euro-2016-away-kit-2.jpg

England's kits...yikes! Home kit looks cheap and a weird combination of all white with red socks. The away kits are similar to the USA kits at the last World Cup. They just don't scream 'England' to me, the away kit looks like something Russia would wear

CdwYAJEWoAAbtXT.jpg:large

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Round out the Nike kits, Portugal's are pretty generic while the away kit has not yet officially been released but its expected to be all turquoise

Portugal-Euro-2016-Home-Kit%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Croatia's home kit stays largely the same, only this time the checkers are smaller and more slanted in an inspiration of the 1998 kits, only weird thing is the checkered socks. For the first time in a while the away kits are actually decent.

croatia-euro-2016-kit-3.jpg

croatia-euro-2016-away-kit-3.jpg

Turkey's kit get a mixed reaction on twitter, I personally like them, especially the home kit but many people note its a Spiderman shirt :laugh: At least its something unique and not the basic Nike template

16TURQUIAEURO1.jpg

turkey-euro-2016-away-kit-2.jpg

Poland's kits are pretty generic and always have been since they changed to Nike

16POLSKALK5.jpg

16POLSKALK4.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm personally not a big Mathieu fan at all, but perhaps a tactical decision considering Mathieu's pace and versatility. I can see it going either way based on current form. Kurzawa is a shock though.

Laporte really hasn't been so good as to warrant some of the praise he gets. He looks good considering his age, but he's not consistent enough if you ask me. Of course playing at Atleti can leave him exposed at times.

Considering, the possibility of losing him to Spain is quite real, Evilo's right to be upset. I know you're not a big fan of the kid but in his age group who's better? You can argue Marquinhos but even that it's a toss up at this point. Although, one could say Rugani is probably in the best place to develop.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering, the possibility of losing him to Spain is quite real, Evilo's right to be upset. I know you're not a big fan of the kid but in his age group who's better? You can argue Marquinhos but even that it's a toss up at this point. Although, one could say Rugani is probably in the best place to develop.

I wasn't commenting on him based on a possibility of him playing for Spain.

Varane is better, though he too has some proving to do. Either way I said he looks good for his age. Not sure what the problem is or how that begs the question as to who is better in his age group.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
Sigh at those kits. The previous French one was excellent, now... Ugh. And England? For crying out loud - white/navy/white, please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille