UEFA EURO 2016 - Final Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
is Buffon going to be the Jagr of football? I feel like he's been playing all my life

_The_player_of_Juventus_Gianluigi_is_thumbs_up_048839_.jpg

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Buffon says he will retire after 2018 World Cup, however looking at their group (Spain is in their qualifying group) they might struggle to make that, they will likely need a playoff

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
England?

Hart
Baines - Stones - Jagielka - Walker
Barkley - Wilshere - Alli - Walcott/Sterling/Lallana
Vardy-Kane

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
England?

Hart
Vardy-Kane

Didn't pay that much attention for England in years but I didn't know that Jagielka was still a starter...

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Think Clyne will be on the right with Baines on the left. Shaw has been hurt. I would probably put Smalling in the middle with maybe Stones or Jones.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
England?

Hart
Vardy-Kane

If they're doing the typical 4-4-2 then:

Hart
Clyne - Smalling - Cahill - Baines
Sterling - Henderson - Alli - Barkley
Sturridge - Kane​

*Edited at Ceremony's request

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:
Didn't have the force to post it here. So ashamed of the leaders we have... :facepalm:

All the while Laporte is sitting at home wondering if he should accept Spain's offer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh and also Ngolo Kanté will soon choose to play for another country if DD continues to ignore him.

That he's blind enough to ignore him when he's with Caen, I disaprove it (amateur job really) but could understand it.
Now that he's the oil's machine of the EPL leader, he still doesn't get a look.

For god's sake NAME ME ! :laugh:
I said a long time ago now that Ngolo Kanté was a great player.
Instead we're bound to have MOUSSA SISSOKO !!!! And starting most likely ! :cry:

Not that I was the only one BTW :
http://www.goal.com/fr/news/1729/fr.../caen-kanté-sera-meilleur-que-claude-makelele

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Kante the new makelele

He's pretty freaking good. Yeah, Mahrez and Vardy get the spotlight, but Kante, Drinkwater and Albrighton have been carrying the load for Leicester in the midfield.

And apparently, Deschamps explained that he's snubbing Payet simply because he's down the pecking order, he doesn't perform for France and there are better players than him.

And I'm like... Okay, at least West Ham gets a rested, angry Payet.
He lacks a bit of pace, but he's been absolutely fantastic.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's true that Payet hasn't performed that well for France.
But it's not like many have at creative positions.
Let's remember how DD gave Ben Arfa 45 minutes to score a hattrick without losing a ball.
Just an excuse to leave him out next time.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
And apparently, Deschamps explained that he's snubbing Payet simply because he's down the pecking order, he doesn't perform for France and there are better players than him.

Which is BS, since Moussa Sissokho hasn't done **** this season and is highly likely to be selected.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The amount of talent that could be in the French team for the Euros is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even realize most of these guys are French until I see it here. It's amazing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lloris is among the top GKs. Mandanda is borderline top 10 and Areola might be the best GK prospect in the world.
Varane is among the top CBs. Laporte, Zouma, Sakho and Koscielny provide depth (among others).
Kurzawa and Digne are some of the most exciting young LB.
Pogba, Matuidi are definately great. Kanté, Cabaye, Kondgobia, Diarra, Guilavogui, Gonalons are nice depth.
Fekir, Griezmann, Ntep, Payet, Valbuena, Ben Arfa, Menez, Nasri are creative AMs.
Benzema, Giroud, Lacazette are the top strikers available.
The only position where they have nobody of value is RB.

All in all, saying they don't have great players is simply false. Truth is that DD can't make them play together with efficiency. Talent wise, they have nobody to fear. He also doesn't select the best ones (see Evra, Patrice, LB starting position).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I agree. Talent wise France is up there with Belgium, Germany and Argentina on paper. It really is too bad on the field that they can't live up to their talent -- though I would argue the same of Belgium despite their top ranking (I just don't think they look that great on the pitch despite the talent on their team, they should play much nicer football).

Still...

Lloris
Corchia? - Varane - Sakho - Kurzawa
Matuidi - Kante - Pogba
Griezmann - Fekir
Benzema​

That team could give fits to anyone, IMO, and it has lots of depth as Evilo mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->