UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Pretty big/traditional teams for this competition level Leicester vs Roma and Marseille vs Feyenoord in the semis.

Leicester is probably in the biggest danger of not qualifying for Europe next season based on their league position, so they could prioritize this.

I think Feyenoord are the weakest of the remaining teams (they concede a lot of goals), so Marseille are favourites to reach the final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Leicester really should be out based on VAR though. But somehow it is not used in this competition.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Crazy open game between Feyenoord and OM. Feyenoord pushing everyone up front, and OM missing two 1 on 1 on the keeper already.
End to end non stop action. Exciting !

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One bad thing about Dutch teams and Dutch coached teams...and you see it with Lyon too, it's that they can't score. It's great fun watching them because they don't defend but somehow they manage to not score. Goals are down in their league compared to what they used to be as well. They're experts in missing great chances.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Looked like Feyenoord did benefit a bit more from no VAR (even if they couldn't score all those instances), but Marseille also could have scored at least one additional goal.

Cut out that type of Caleta-Car mistake & finish better, and Marseille should progress at home.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
VAR has been active for the semis.
Which is even more laughable since it means the competition doesn't have the same rules in the last 3 games than before. I'm sure Rennes will love to hear this.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Thanks, I had missed that information.

So, maybe they would have actually used he VAR in those instances where Feyenoord player seemed to be clearly offside, if Feyenoord had actually scored. I thought Feyeneoord was just taking advantage of no VAR by often playing on the edge of offside.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Roma take an early lead with Tammy Abraham scoring after a bit of a dry spell. If Leicester loses this, they most likely won't have European football at all next season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Big blow for Marseille as captain Payet limps off injured after half an hour, replaced by Milik. Feyenoord still ahead on agg score from their 1st leg home win.

Been a good atmosphere at the stadium, despite the other end being completely empty.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What streaming service is this on? Paramount+ has the Europa league but not seeing this. Want to check the Leicester game out.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's also on Paramount+ but it's buried. You have to look for a while to find it.
It's weird that when I open Paramount on Champions League days it's the first thing I see. On Europa days I have to search a little and UCL isn't even on the main selection board. Seems weird that they aren't putting these at the front like the Champions League, aren't they still paying for the TV rights? Why hide them if you've already paid the money to air or do all 3 competitions come as a package and they only care about the big one?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's weird that when I open Paramount on Champions League days it's the first thing I see. On Europa days I have to search a little and UCL isn't even on the main selection board. Seems weird that they aren't putting these at the front like the Champions League, aren't they still paying for the TV rights? Why hide them if you've already paid the money to air or do all 3 competitions come as a package and they only care about the big one?

Yea they all come together. At least for US TV anyway.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yea they all come together. At least for US TV anyway.
That makes more sense then.

As for Leicester not sure if it's Rodgers or their recruitment but they paid big for Daka and Vestergaard while they sit on the bench. Even Perez cost decent a few years ago and is just wasted on the bench. They need to clear out some of the squad and try to recoup some money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad